Poll: Have you been a part of an THP Experience?

Have you participated in a THP event/experience?

• Yes!

• Not yet!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have been around since 2013 and have been lucky to win a Golden Ticket in the 2017 Days before Christmas annual fun event. I used the Golden Ticket to get into the 2018 Morgan Cup which was a dream.

I am hoping to get to the Granddaddy some day or another THP Experience but sometimes luck of the draw, timing, work commitments or financial resources get in the way. Just got to keep trying.

I joined THP in Fall of 2018. February of 2019, I was chosen for The Sweep presented by Budget Golf. Which I'm assuming isn't an "Experience"?! But, is mind-blowingly awesome! Then, I was selected for the Ben Hogan Experience in the Summer of 2019! Probably the best time I have ever had on a golf course! It's been 8 months since the event ended and we still talk to each other regularly.

Being a new (and proud) member, I just did a search for THP experiences and I am now more hyped than ever! Question is, how many THP-ers have been a part of an experience? If you have been, I’d also love to know how long you were a member before you were picked for your first experience and how many experiences you’ve been a part of!

thanks everyone and may the odds be ever in your favor
It is the luck of the draw in a lot of cases but your odds are better in some experiences compared to others. I think I've been to four over seven years, three of which were larger competitive events and one was not. I've been incredibly lucky but entering nearly everything that I could for many years certainly helped my chances to get in some of the larger events.

Found THP while looking for info on Ping putters...got into the Morgan Cup 2019 at Haig Point...it was a once in a lifetime experience for sure!

Joined in Dec 2015 have been an Albatross member every year and always will be.
1st event was August of 2016 at the Cleveland Shortgame Shootout and then last year I was selected to the ultimate world amateur event TheGrandaddy with Callaway Golf representing THP.
THP is what you make of it and is a wonderful place.

I have been fortunate to be a part of a few THP Experiences over the last 5 years, each one amazing and each one different in its own right. If you poke around you will see this site is not about tenure, many newcomers have the same chance as guys who have been around awhile.

I’ve been a part of THP for 9.5 years. I’ve been to many THP events as a volunteer, watcher, participant and Captain. It is what makes THP unique and really bonds many of guys you chat with on the daily.

As for being picked, you never know. I’ve seen first timers get into the Grandaddy and other events. Just stay active and you too will get the invite.

I joined the Forum back in 2017 when I was looking for reviews for the Epic Driver. From 2017 to around May of 2019, I was geneally inactive. I returned to read some reviews about the Epic Flash.

I didn’t become active until last summer and increased my participation when the new trophy system was started. I entered the last 4 contests for the Granddaddy. Then I had the great fortune of winning the first golden ticket for the 2020 Morgan Cup. Aside from those, I didn’t try to put my name in the hat for any Experience. I was operating under a belief that I would never be selected. I was wrong.

I have never hit an Epic or Epic Flash Driver yet I’m still here on THP and I’m now a proud member of Team Hackers for the Morgan Cup.

I joined the forum in May or 2017. I didn't sign up for anything at first due to scheduling conflicts. I joined the AC in 2019 and signed up for a few events. Was lucky enough to be selected for the Ben Hogan Experience and it was awesome. The venue, clubs, swag was all top notch. The friendships that were forged were more important though. As a couple of the guys have already said, we still communicate regularly. that's truly what makes this place unique!

I was part of #TheCup in 2016 at Myrtle Beach. New to formally trying to take up golf I was very surprised to get in. Travel was expensive but the experience with THPers on amazing courses was awesome. A few Callaway guys were on the teams. There wasn’t much emphasis on equipment. Overall it was my single best golf experience AND I hope to get into another where there is more focus on oem engagement and learning about and using new equipment. I’m a big equipment geek and love to learn. The experiences I followed from 2019 and the info on what is coming for 2020 is overwhelmingly amazing for my interests. I doubt I will be lucky enough to get in one but will try.

And I love playing with other THPers. That is a type of THP experience I will emphasize making happen. The shared community experience brings something very unique to playing together.?

Have only been really active since June of this past year, but have been a forum member since 2015.

Hoping 2020 is my year to join some experiences. :cool:(y)

I joined early in 2019 and was selected to be a part of 2 different experiences. The first one was TEEm Tour Edge. The 2nd was the Budget Golf THP Championship in Coeur d’Alene in September.

I joined in late 2014 and and have been an Albatross Club member every year from 2015 on. I was selected for the 2015 Bridgestone Invitational in Kansas City, my first THP event. I didn't really know what to expect and did not at that time have a full understanding of what this community is all about. I was a bit overwhelmed and didn't get to meet many of the other participants.

The following year I was selected from the waiting list for the THP Bridgestone Championship in Las Vegas. I made sure to take in as much of the experience as possible and talked to all of the other participants. What an awesome event that was.

I have not been to any more events since then, but I hope to rectify that this year.

Joined in 2011 and attended my first event in 2015, The King with Callaway. I've been fortunate enough to attend 3 other events and many unofficial get togethers. They've all been a lot of fun and joining THP has certainly changed my life for the better.

I’ve had the fortune of being part of multiple events and it’s absolutely the best and most well-run events I’ve ever been a part of.

If you’ve never been a part of one, don’t give up. Just keep entering! Your time will come!

I joined in Jun 18 I believe and I went to the Odyssey Experience in Hammock Beach Florida In early 2019. Hands down one of the best trips I have been on. The other 7 guys were amazing along with @JB and the guys from Callaway. THP events are all about the fun and you Will not be disappointed! I am looking forward to my next one someday.

I've been to a handful of Events. I think I was on the board for a couple years before I started entering for them, but it didn't take long when I started entering.

Joined in 2017. Played in the 2018 THP Championship and just recently the 2019 Grandaddy. The experiences here are second to none. But even more so, it’s a daily place for me to check in with new friends and talk golf with an incredibly welcoming community.

I was very fortunate to attend The Odyssey Experience last year. Besides getting treated like royalty and learning more than I could possibly ask for in putters, met some great THPers that I still chat with almost daily about golf and life. Just an amazing experience and something I hope and recommend every person on here gets a chance to be a part of.

Joined in June of 2017. Still haven't been a part of an experience yet but I'm hoping this is my year. I was really bummed that the dates for the Distance Bash didn't work out for me this year but I'll be throwing my name in the hat for a TON of them this year.

I did get to spend some time with some THPers in early December at an unofficial gathering and it was a freaking blast! Love this place so much!

I joined AC in 2012. Have been to 8 events. Have not been to any experiences yet but hope that changes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been around for a couple years, but have never signed up to try to go to anything. Maybe in a few years from now, after I retire. Still loving the best, friendliest forum on the internet.

I am a lot newer to the site than my profile would appear. I signed up years ago but started participating a little less than a year ago. About 5 months into my active participation I was entrusted to represent THP in The Grandaddy. Was a huge honor.

I'll say this to any new members. The experiences are legit. You have as much opportunity to be a part of them as anyone else. This community is amazing. So, get out there and engage. Share your knowledge or soak in everyone else's. Ask questions and share your thoughts. The experiences are fantastic, but this place is so much more than that. Personally, it's my escape from a stressful day. My golf fix when it's snowing. Plus, thanks to THP, I have a dozen guys that I'll likely be friends with for life.

Being a new (and proud) member, I just did a search for THP experiences and I am now more hyped than ever! Question is, how many THP-ers have been a part of an experience? If you have been, I’d also love to know how long you were a member before you were picked for your first experience and how many experiences you’ve been a part of!

thanks everyone and may the odds be ever in your favor

Tenure has nothing to do with who gets picked. Anyone has a chance for any THP experience as long as they enjoy golf, enjoy engagement, and want to have fun.

I’ve been fortunate enough to attend two events/experiences, one the THP championship and then then the Grandaddy in 2017. Both were phenomenal and I strongly encourage everyone to throw your name in the ring for any event you can. The OEMs and JB/GG do a great job of putting these experiences on and making you feel like a rockstar.

Back