Poll: Have you been a part of an THP Experience?

Have you participated in a THP event/experience?

• Yes!

• Not yet!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have not, I just joined mid November 2019. I was immediately invited to the unofficial Arizona gathering. I was on the fence about going, being a high handicapper and trying to dial in new clubs. I was so glad I ended up going. Since that unofficial event, a month ago; I’ve had the pleasure to play a handful of rounds with some of the guys in the group. A couple of us keep in contact just about on the daily too. I feel that the contests and events are just added perks. I have already won by joining this place and meeting/playing with fellow THP’ers.

I was fortunate enough to go to the 2018 Morgan Cup. I think I had been signed up and active on the forum 4-5 months when picked. THP events are special experiences. You have to experience them to really understand. Yes the gear, swag, equipment etc is amazing but it’s way more then that. The sponsors are so cool about answering questions and chatting about the industry. You can really see the passion they have for it as well.

JB and GG are everywhere. Especially JB as he tries and succeeds in making every moment memorable. Morgan doesn’t make it to all of them but when she does her smile alone is enough to brighten the room. Again, both are passionate about what they do and they care about making it a great experience. And yes they are just like they seem on the forums. Especially JB and his hilarious quick wit and one liners.

The locations and meals are always fantastic as well. I bet most everyone who has had a THP event experience goes back and looks through the photos regularly. It’s just that dang awesome.

Above all for me is the friends made along the way. Most of the guys I went to Florida with way back in May 2018 still group text together. I mean it’s a rare day that goes bye that a conversation does not pop up in our group text. I never thought when I first selected I would come home and still be chatting away with these guys but we really had a solid group. We do all the stuff friends that have know each other for years do. Share about families, joke, support each other, and give each other crap. TONS of crap. But it’s all in good fun.

That is probably the best I can answer the OP but it’s hard to truly understand until you have the experience!

I haven’t mainly due to not being an Albatross member until recently. And trust me, I’m kicking myself for not joining earlier!

I have not as yet. Hope to be picked one day.

I was selected to participate in the Ultimate Testing with Titleist T-Series Irons just last October. I had such a great time. Got to meet some new people from the THP forum and Titleist, play some golf and try out my new T100 irons. These events are hard to beat.

Not yet for me. Hopefully some day. The trips look like a blast.

I joined in March of 18 and didn't become an active member until August or so just followed never really participated. I have not been chosen for an event or experience yet but I did get a golden ticket last year that I was unable to use. So another year and another list of things I want to watch out for but that will be all I do for a while. I will have to enjoy things from afar as I have more pressing matters coming up.

The Grandaddy of Em' All

I joined back in like 2011 but was very sporadic on the forum since I was horrible at Golf. Everytime I'd get the urge to Golf again I'd log back into the forum but once again got away when the game went away, which happened a lot.

Finally late 2016 I suffered my last soccer related injury and said the hell with this and made one final attempt at just being an adequate golfer, I didn't need nor want to be great by any means.

The Gauntlet sponsored by Callaway was upcoming and the contest was to choose the winning team.

I chose Team 99 Malort along with 40 some odd other people. My name was chosen and I got the PM from JB that I have been selected to go to The Grandaddy. The lead up and experience itself and thereafter has been awesome.

I still game 5 of the clubs I got from the ECPC. Thanks to The Grandaddy I was able to trade in my Epic irons for Apex CF19 irons. I traded in my Steelhead 4+ Wood for a Rogue 4W then a Rogue 2H. I did change from the 2-Ball O-Works to the Toulon Atlanta.

The entire bag has pieces from the Grandaddy still involved, and my headcover for driver is the THP/CG one.

Est. 2013 !!

I have been part of quite a few:

- UST Shaft Event
- Grandaddy x 2
- Callaway Event
- Event at PGA National
- Multiple Other Outings

It is a hell of a way to get to know THPers and participate in things the average golfer would never get to do.

I've been lucky enough to have multiple once-in-a-lifetime experiences through THP, and my first was shortly after I became an active member. It's not something I take for granted, and I couldn't be more thankful for all of them.

I joined in 2012. My first event was with Cure Putters in 2016. Later that year I was lucky enough to be a part of Team Unity in The Grandaddy. This past summer, I attended the Evolve Foundry experience. In between all of those, I've played in many un-official outings and other rounds with local THPers.

I have been chosen twice, but unfortunately couldn't attend both times due to outside circumstances.

Hopefully 3rd time comes sooner rather than later!

Not a one. I’ve organized several local gatherings though and the company you get is top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I joined in March 2018 as a lurker, and then became an "active" member in August 2018. I was lucky enough to be selected in the first experience I applied for (2019 Morgan Cup) and it was a life-changing golf experience. I can't overstate how happy I am that I joined this forum, and how appreciative I am for the relationships I have forged and the improvements I have made to my golf game because of it.

Joined last year, entered a few and haven't had any luck yet. However, have a feeling 2020 will be my year :cool:

I've played in THP events before, never been selected for an experience, but there's something about a THP event, no matter what it is, that you always crave and want to be a part of.

Joined last year, entered a few and haven't had any luck yet. However, have a feeling 2020 will be my year :cool:
I'm a little like you. I joined a long time ago, just to read a little but it wasn't until late 2019 that I actually started to participate and comment.

I think I've been an albatross member for 4 years now and was lucky enough to be selected to the Bridgestone Fit Like a Pro Event in May 2019. So that was my 3rd year of being a member. I didn't really enter a ton of the Experiences as I was still trying to figure everything out but was lucky enough to get selected early on to test alot of different things, like golf balls, launch monitor, etc. I'm getting to a place where I'd like to enter for one of the other group trips so hopefully in the coming years I'll get selected for one of those.

2019 Ben Hogan Experience Veteran and I was a member for a week

And that’s the only event I’ve been part of. But I haven’t signed up for most of them due to expenses as well as giving others the opportunity to experience an event like I did.

Got to do a Shaft Up last year after only being active for a few months.

I had a great time and would do another event in a heartbeat.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I joined in 2014 and got to my 1st event in 2017. It was the THP Championship. Had a great time and met even better people. I haven't been to one since but I try. Last year I couldn't devote as much time here as I wanted but this year I'm in it to win it. Enjoy your experience here, it awesome.

One day hopefully!

Being a new (and proud) member, I just did a search for THP experiences and I am now more hyped than ever! Question is, how many THP-ers have been a part of an experience? If you have been, I’d also love to know how long you were a member before you were picked for your first experience and how many experiences you’ve been a part of!

thanks everyone and may the odds be ever in your favor
i was a member for a short time (maybe 6 months) before i got picked to go on a great THP event with true temper. unfortunately for me i had to rush home the 2nd day and missed out on all the fun. but the first day was great and they definitely put on a top notch event for the golfers.

good luck hope you get pick for one of the events....you will enjoy them.

Back