Poll: Have you been a part of an THP Experience?

Have you participated in a THP event/experience?

• Yes!

• Not yet!

Results are only viewable after voting.

lukemartin93

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Being a new (and proud) member, I just did a search for THP experiences and I am now more hyped than ever! Question is, how many THP-ers have been a part of an experience? If you have been, I’d also love to know how long you were a member before you were picked for your first experience and how many experiences you’ve been a part of!

thanks everyone and may the odds be ever in your favor

I was for the first one I ever went for the Staff Proto back in 2016. Have entered a few since but not many and haven’t been chosen again. Won’t be going for any this year but next year I will be putting my name in for all of them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll definitely be throwing my hat in for a few "experiences" this year

I was honored to be selected for the Ultimate Testing with Titleist last fall outside Atlanta Georgia. I had a great time and got a custom fit set of Titleist T-series irons. It was awesome getting the clubs, but meeting some other hackers that love golf as much as me and 2 Titleist employees and @JB was the most fun part. This place is great and when you first start you will think it is the free gear and testing that make it great, but what you will find is that it is really the people that make it great.

Being a new (and proud) member, I just did a search for THP experiences and I am now more hyped than ever! Question is, how many THP-ers have been a part of an experience? If you have been, I’d also love to know how long you were a member before you were picked for your first experience and how many experiences you’ve been a part of!

thanks everyone and may the odds be ever in your favor

Hopefully tons chime in, but I can tell you over the years, there have been hundreds and hundreds.

I joined the AC in late 2015 (I think) and was selected for an event (as they were called at the time) in 2016, and was selected for The Grandaddy in 2018.

I’ll echo some of the other sentiments here, THP experiences are more about the people than the gear, the gear is awesome, and it’s important (especially reviewing the gear and sharing your experiences with it) but the thing that lasts beyond the experiences is the people, and the connections and friendships you make. I still talk with several of the guys from my first event almost daily, and The Grandaddy team still talks daily. I’ll be seeing a pretty good chunk of both groups this year on a couple of trips we’ll be taking to play golf and get a chance to catch up with them.

I have not had the thrill of being chosen for a "Experience" but, I do enjoy the experience of interacting with everyone here on the forum. :)

I joined last year and was picked 2 or 3 months later for The Morgan Cup. Anything is possible.

3 of them, and they were all special. Nothing like them, really.

I joined in July 2017, and have been to 2 events. Titleist event in March 2018 and Taylormade event in June 2019. Hope to continue the participation in the experiences going forward.

Some friends not on THP just don’t understand how I can pack my bags and go on a trip with a bunch of internet golfers. Those same friends also get blown away after I share the awesomeness that goes on at these things.

The cool thing - the event doesn’t end when you fly home. I have played subsequent rounds with and welcomed some new friends met at these events into my home. I also know I have a new slew of golf partners if I were to travel to their neighborhood in the future.

Oh - the personal interaction with the people behind the OEMs, the gear, and the knowledge bombs are just insane. The ability to contribute back to the forum with honest feedback is also quite rewarding.

Throw your name in the hat - totally worth it!

I attended the Ben Hogan Iron Experience in 2018 after being a member for less than six months. I was selected for the Grandaddy in 2019. I can assure you that there are no cliques on THP and never will be. If you enter all the experiences that you are interested in you will be chosen for one before too long.

I've followed along for a few years but this year is my first actually signing up for things. Maybe I get lucky. Maybe I don't. The money is going to a good spot and the forum is worth the investment for what it returns.

I joined the forum in April 2018, I believe. I was selected for the Titleist event in September, 2018 when someone couldn’t go. Unfortunately, I couldn’t go either. This year, I’ve been lucky enough to get the call twice for the Odyssey Experience and the Graphite Challenge.

The events are mind blowing. Fantastic venues on which to play, the very latest gear and more swag than you can imagine, awesome food, one-of-a-kind access to the best minds in golf to ask anything you’d like, and exceptional food. Whether it is Austie Rollinson, Luke Williams or Sean Toulon from Odyssey, Danny Li from UST Mamiya, Tyler from Ben Hogan, or our very own JB, or others, you’ll be swinging with the big hitters in golf. You’ll learn product knowledge, that very few outside the OEMs have, that you get share with the forum.

The other THPers at the events are the best part of the weekend. The guys at both of my events stay in touch. Whether I’m going through good or bad, they are there if one of us need them.

The Albatross Club is the best $35 you’ll ever spend on golf.

Signed up for the forum in the fall of 2015 right before a Wilson/Staff event. I was mesmerized at what normal everyday golfers were able to experience, and what OEMs were willing to share with them. I joined the Albatross Club shortly thereafter. In March of 16 was selected for the THP / UST shaft spectacular. I didn't get on the initial 2017 Morgan Cup team, but due to someone having to back out, moved onto the team from the alternate list (never give up hope!). In May 2018 battled it out in the Budget Golf warehouse in The Sweep (and the subsequent trip to Cleveland HQ later that fall). Most recently, had all the stars align for me and made the 2019 Grandaddy team.

I've no doubt had an amazing run these four years, so I don't ever take it for granted. Above and beyond everything else, I've met some really awesome people as well as some great friends, thanks to THP.

I have been really fortunate in the few years I've been here. Like others have said, sign up often and you will get picked. I sign up for almost every single event each year.

I have been lucky enough to get selected for shaft up, shaft up finale, Titleist ultimate testing and Ben Hogan experience. The experiences are really like nothing you could imagine. The friendships, the gear, the courses and the food are simply amazing.

I’m sure for many timing and family obligations don’t always match. I’m new and throwing my hat in as many as I can.

Signed up for the forum in the fall of 2015 right before a Wilson/Staff event. I was mesmerized at what normal everyday golfers were able to experience, and what OEMs were willing to share with them. I joined the Albatross Club shortly thereafter. In March of 16 was selected for the THP / UST shaft spectacular. I didn't get on the initial 2017 Morgan Cup team, but due to someone having to back out, moved onto the team from the alternate list (never give up hope!). In May 2018 battled it out in the Budget Golf warehouse in The Sweep (and the subsequent trip to Cleveland HQ later that fall). Most recently, had all the stars align for me and made the 2019 Grandaddy team.

I've no doubt had an amazing run these four years, so I don't ever take it for granted. Above and beyond everything else, I've met some really awesome people as well as some great friends, thanks to THP.
Wow tomcat. Talk about a string of good fortune. You must be living right. That’s awesome.

I joined in July 2017, and have been to 2 events. Titleist event in March 2018 and Taylormade event in June 2019. Hope to continue the participation in the experiences going forward.

Some friends not on THP just don’t understand how I can pack my bags and go on a trip with a bunch of internet golfers. Those same friends also get blown away after I share the awesomeness that goes on at these things.

The cool thing - the event doesn’t end when you fly home. I have played subsequent rounds with and welcomed some new friends met at these events into my home. I also know I have a new slew of golf partners if I were to travel to their neighborhood in the future.

Oh - the personal interaction with the people behind the OEMs, the gear, and the knowledge bombs are just insane. The ability to contribute back to the forum with honest feedback is also quite rewarding.

Throw your name in the hat - totally worth it!
[/QUOTE. Nailed it.

Wow tomcat. Talk about a string of good fortune. You must be living right. That’s awesome.

No doubt, it's been a great run. :cool:

I have no idea what the secret sauce is, or has been, but just stay involved here on the site, sign up for everything that you're able to (especially the free things), and enjoy the heck out of the place.

No doubt, it's been a great run. :cool:

I have no idea what the secret sauce is, or has been, but just stay involved here on the site, sign up for everything that you're able to (especially the free things), and enjoy the heck out of the place.
Even if I never win anything else I feel like I won when I found this site.

I joined in late 2018. I got picked for the Hogan experience in early 19. It was easily the most fun I’ve ever had. I still talk to all the guys on a regular basis. The relationships are what make this place special. The trips and equipment are just awesome bonuses.

I've been extremely fortunate to be in some great events/experiences. I joined in July of 2015 and played in my first event in July of 2016. After that I was able to participate in The Morgan Cup in 2017, the THP/Budget Golf Championship in 2018 and was so lucky to get in to the 2018 Grandaddy.

The majority of my golf highlights In life have come from these events and I'll always encourage THPer's to try and get in to an Experience if it's remotely possible for them. I've been really lucky to make some fantastic friends through them also.

I initially signed up with the site in Feb 2012 but really did not use it until July 2013. Once I became active on the site, I noticed how much fun people were having at the events/experiences so I decided to try to sign up for a few. The first one I got into the the SeeMore Putting Extravaganza late in 2013. The first one I actually attended though was in March of 2014 (signups were after SeeMore but event took place before it), so about 8 months after becoming active on the site. I have attended 8 total with at least 1 a year from 2014 - 2018. Did not get chosen to attend any in 2019.

I signed up sometime in early/mid 2017. Got picked to go to the 2019 Grandaddy which was my first event THP event!

I got picked when I had around 400 posts so I was still relatively new. Felt really lucky and blessed!

Back