Poll: Have you ever thrown a club while playing because you were mad?

Poll: Have you ever thrown a club while playing because you were mad?

• Only once, hopefully never again

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • More than once

Votes: 62 47.3%
  • Never

Votes: 40 30.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KellyBo

Golf, Have Fun or Quit!
Reaction score
Now's your chance to confess (anonymous poll). Have you ever thrown a club?

Never, it's one of my biggest pet peeves on the golf course

I've dropped a club but never thrown one. One time I got all mad and smacked one of the legs on my bag and it bent in half. I usually stay pretty cool on the course.

At over $110 per club for irons and woods in the $200+ range, No way, never. I've chucked the ball in the water a few times to pay the golf gods though.

I've whacked my bag with my club before in anger, but I don't normally throw clubs in anger. I will toss my wedge closer to the cart on my way to the green sometimes, though.

I have never thrown a club on the golf course. One thing I learned early playing golf as a member on the HS team threw his club and the coach benched him for half the season.

I have more than once and both times I was instantly embarrassed. Haven't done it in a good long while as I don't like being embarrassed.

I have never full on hurled a club but on more than one occasion I have flipped a club towards the cart in disgust. Haven't in a while though.

I have twice and both times as soon as the grip left my hand I so wanted to undo it. Ruined the whole day for me.

Great thread Kelly. Yes I've thrown a club, my 3 hybrid at my bag/cart after two terrible shots. I realized that my behavior looked way more embarrassing than my two shots ever would, and vowed to never do that again. And I've kept that personal promise so far.

Yes, I full on threw one as a teen and it got stuck in a tree...served me right. Haven't done anything worse than a clup flip/drop since, that was shameful and I felt like a horse's arse.

In my younger wild days I would. Hell one time I threw one up in the top of a 60 foot pine tree and it stayed up there until we had a wind storm. I have not thrown a club in a loooooooooong time and it upsets me when I see someone do it now. It shows me how foolish I looked back then. :bulgy-eyes: I wasn't ever good enough to get ticked off by a bad shot however it would irritate the crap out of me when I did something really stupid.

I've dropped a club but never thrown one. One time I got all mad and smacked one of the legs on my bag and it bent in half. I usually stay pretty cool on the course.

A drop is one thing. Flinging a club is another entirely.

I have never thrown a club. Dropped a few, thumped the ground, yes.

At over $110 per club for irons and woods in the $200+ range, No way, never. I've chucked the ball in the water a few times to pay the golf gods though.
Haha I have definitely done that a few times.

In my younger wild days I would. Hell one time I threw one up in the top of a 60 foot pine tree and it stayed up there until we had a wind storm. I have not thrown a club in a loooooooooong time and it upsets me when I see someone do it now. It shows me how foolish I looked back then. :bulgy-eyes: I wasn't ever good enough to get ticked off by a bad shot however it would irritate the crap out of me when I did something really stupid.

Your tree story wins haha, mine was only in the first few branches and I was able to get it down.

I have wanted to before, but the most I've done is hit the head of my club on the ground in frustration. I have thrown a particularly misbehaving ball into the drink after a hole ... but only because it deserved it.

Ive shared this story once before in a different thread. So the short of it is, threw a driver in the woods. Playing partner gave me the evil eye and left me to walk all the way up to the green with my damaged club and seriously diminished pride. Has never happened again.

never, I know it's the indian not the tomahawk so why take it out on the tool?

Haha I have definitely done that a few times.

Me too! Everytime I do it I think of that scene in Jumanji where the monster plant eats the police car and David Alan Grier just yells "Fine, take it!!!" Haha

Have not thrown one since I was 15. Broke one and my dad made me work my butt off to pay to have it fixed.

Many, many times during my youth. Competitive golf when I was a teenager really got the best of my emotions. I once threw my putter 75 yards into the woods during a match and was too angry to retrieve it until after the round.

I haven't thrown a club since I was about 25. If I had half the composure and course management skills in my youth as I do now, I would have been a much, much, better player in high school and college. I didn't figure out that golf was 90% mental until I was in my late 20's, just as marriage and kids reduced my rounds played by 75%.:act-up:

Oh yeah I have in the past. I'm not proud I did it, but hey atleast that was when I had cheaper clubs so it didn't really matter if they got broke. That doesn't happen now because I keep myself positive. Hey if you mess up that's more of a reason to push yourself harder to become a better golfer.

I have when I was younger. I really try to make it a point to keep my emotions in check

When I first started I threw a club or two. I have more than one club that sits in the bottom of a pond.

It's weird, when I was first starting and was horrible that is when I would throw clubs. Now that my expectations are much higher during my rounds I have found that play much more calmly. I haven't thrown a club in years and can't imagine I will again. I am now the type of player where you won't know if I am 50 over par or 10 under, same demeanor.

Yes, but it's been about 10 years

Back