• Fewer threads with more posts in them

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • More threads with fewer posts in them

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

julie_m

EveryoneLovesACallyGirl
Reaction score
This is purely because I'm curious. How do you guys prefer people make their posts? Do you think fewer threads makes it easier to search for a topic, and visit an old topic you commented on? Or do you like a new thread for each new topic, even if it's a slight variation on another subject, so posts don't get "lost"?

What do you mean Julie? :D

I promise it's not a dig at anyone specifically, I would like to know what the majority opinion is.

OK example: say a player wins a tournament. There's a thread about the player already. Would you like a new thread, for that tournament specifically, or add it to the other thread?

I promise it's not a dig at anyone specifically, I would like to know what the majority opinion is.

Oh sorry, the Poll didn't appear when I replied. My fault!

I'd have to say more threads with fewer posts, as long as they are all different topics. I like to browse in between a huge variety of threads.

And I think any thread on here can easily branch out to a whole 'nother discussion and become a long one.

In my opinion it's a case-by-case basis. In your example, I would prefer a new thread on "Joe Golfer winning a tournament" even though there's a thread on "How do you think Joe Golfer is going to do this year?". But if you have a thread about Harrington winning Player of the year and someone starts another thread on the same topic (especially if the original thread is on the front page still) then that's a little much. A little use of the search tool never hurt anyone either, although over time, and as this forum grows larger, we're going to have some threads that are very similar. But if it hasn't been talked about in a week or two or a month or whatever, it's not a big deal, you know? And we have enough people here who have been here for most of the life of the forum to know we have talked about something before and can let people know where they can find the info they are looking for.

And that's another topic. If it's an informative topic (which gps unit should I get; what do you think of the SeeMore putter) those are topics where it might be good to use that search tool and find old topics. Maybe revive the thread and throw some new information you might have about it out there (although multiple threads can go in different directions) . But just general conversation, if something gets repeated, as long as it isn't a recent topic, I don't see why you can't just start a new thread. Having more than one thread on a subject helps in searching.

Sometimes a thread can run it's life with just 10 replies. Maybe it doesn't need ANY replies. But some may need more, some many more to run it's course.

EDIT: I took out some of my rant on this topic!

Last edited:
I just use the "New Post" function.

EDIT:

But I do think this should be mandatory viewing for anyone new to message boards:

[YOUTUBE]B9q2jNjOPdk[/YOUTUBE]

Back