POLL: In your opinion, who is shaping up to be the most impressive club brand of 2020 and why?

Who is shaping up to be the most impressive club brand of 2020?

• Total voters

sigm22

Reaction score
Thought this would be a fun and interesting thread. Share your thoughts and opinions regarding specific club brands and why you feel they may be the most impressive club brand of 2020. Things appear to be shaping up nicely on the equipment side of things in 2020 and I am sure there is still more to come. Select up to two brands and since I was limited as to how many brands I could list, there are probably several notable brands that have been unintentionally left off. Regardless, post and share the top club brands you have in mind even if they are not on the list.

I have been thoroughly underwhelmed by TaylorMade's release to date, we haven't heard much from Ping or Cobra...we have had plenty of hints for Callaway, plus I have a certain faith about what they do and how they do it, so they get my vote.

At this exact moment with the information available to the public through press release, I would say Cobra. It's more so that they took what worked well last year and built upon that instead of steering away. This is the solidification year for them.

I will go with Callaway having seen inside and what is coming out for everyone.

I have been thoroughly underwhelmed by TaylorMade's release to date, we haven't heard much from Ping or Cobra...we have had plenty of hints for Callaway, plus I have a certain faith about what they do and how they do it, so they get my vote.

Haven’t heard from Cobra?

Cobra Forged Tec and Speedzone driver have Jos the most excited in years

TRail - New Forged Tec, FMax Airspeed and Speedzone- most categories?

Waiting on a new wedge announcement (possibly) and Rickies blades other than that looks like cards are on the table

(not intending for this to come across as Jerkish Frank - just facts)

Last edited:
Haven’t heard from Cobra?

Cobra Forged Tec and Speedzone driver have Jos the most excited in years

TRail - New Forged Tec, FMax Airspeed and Speedzone- most categories?

Waiting on a new wedge announcement (possibly) and Rickies blades other than that looks like cards

(not intending for this to come across as Jerkish Frank - just facts)
Completely fair, not jerkish. My bad. Based on available info, Cobra.

With some releases still to come I’ll wait to vote. Let’s see what comes tomorrow. ;)

Figured I ought to share my picks...since I did post the thread after all. :LOL:

Have to go with Mizuno and Cobra in 2020. I think both manufacturers have improved over their 2019 offerings in a big way and that could not have been an easy task. Can't think of any brand that had better momentum in the wood category than Cobra over the past year and the Speedzone lineup seems to have generated quite a buzz already. Arguably, Mizuno may have had their best woods in history with the ST190 range which leaves me very optimistic about the ST200 series. Not to mention, the addition of M-Craft putters was also a pleasant surprise. From wedges to irons to woods, these two brands seem to be well rounded and are heading into 2020 with a full head of steam.

Last edited:
Callaway. They are doing something no one else is doing with the AI faces. Adding a "MAX" model to their Mavrik lines will be huge too.

For buzz and taking the stage, I gotta give it to Callaway and Cobra so far.

For me its Cobra and Callaway based on what I’ve seen so far

I think it’s hard to say until we actually get to try the various offerings, but, even though the smart money would be on Callaway, my vote goes to Cobra. I have the Forged Tecs and the SpeedZone driver and absolutely love both of those offerings. I am betting the SpeedZone irons will be a worthy successor to the F9 irons and I honestly don’t think there has been a better game improvement iron offered by anybody. Although not my cup of tea, the T-Rails look super solid, too.

So after what I saw today I think it is easily Callaway and it’s not close. I’d put Cobra in at number 2. Also Callaway is not done yet.

There are so many companies that get removed from thought purely on the lack of a complete offering in comparison to a company like Callaway or Cobra right now.

I adore Callaway driver, iron, and hybrid options but haven't hit their new wedges or fairways after disliking their last few iterations.
Cobra blew me away last year, but I still feel like their wedges are holding them back from a complete lineup.
Mizuno irons are wonderful, but it's a mixed bag after that.
TaylorMade does great with a couple things most years, but I'd have a tough time putting their irons ahead of the three above.
Titleist basically owns that their metalwoods are inferior, and as I sit here, I'm genuinely not sold on their irons being better than most.
Cleveland/Srixon has outstanding irons, wedges, and utilities, but I'm kind of at a loss personally after that.

Man, I just don't know.

Tough, but Callaway seems the most complete and full of quality tech stories top to bottom with Cobra inching closer. Mizuno/Ping/Taylormade are in a battle for third.

To me, it seems like cobra could make the biggest jump, but callaway will probably keep doing callaway things

Still early. Callaway is leading so far.

Cobra and Callaway automatically come to mind but I wouldn’t count out Mizuno or Srixon....

This is tough because it depends. I think the most exciting drivers and fairway woods for me are the MAVRIK and Cobra Speedzone offerings. I think the most exciting irons are the Cobra Forged Tec, Mizuno MP20 HMB, and Titleist T200's. I think wedges and hybrids are really personal and will be user specific. I haven't seen a putter that get's my blood pumping yet.

Last edited:
Callaway and Cobra so far seem to be at the forefront for 2020.

Too early to tell! Callaway and Cobra are off to a great start.

I love the new Callaway equipment. Every demo I hit last year I thought callaway was a clear winner with the one exception of mizuno irons. Surprised there is no love for Mizuno, Taylormade and Titleist. Most my buddies are playing those brands.

I love the new Callaway equipment. Every demo I hit last year I thought callaway was a clear winner with the one exception of mizuno irons. Surprised there is no love for Mizuno, Taylormade and Titleist. Most my buddies are playing those brands.

You should see this.

Back