Polo Shirt Buttons: How Many Is Too Many?

How many buttons should a polo shirt have?

• Total voters
3 is my real preference. I suppose I could do more or less but if I have to pick it's 3 every day of the week.

Giving this a bump...anyone notice a bunch of guys at the American Century today with their top button buttoned? Looks weird at best. A bit to stuck up of a look for me. The Curry's, Mahomet, everyone seems to be doing it.
Works for Bubba, but I live in Arizona and it is usually too hot much of the year for that sort of fashion statement.

Giving this a bump...anyone notice a bunch of guys at the American Century today with their top button buttoned? Looks weird at best. A bit to stuck up of a look for me. The Curry's, Mahomet, everyone seems to be doing it.
Maybe it’s the modern urban fashion equivalent of a popped collar.

Lik
3 and done. But at the very least the bottom one needs to be buttoned. The middle is personal preference buttoned/unbuttoned. That’s a whole ‘nother discussion though.
Like suits buttons ?😊

It's not just the number of buttons, it's the depth of the Placket, the opening in the top of the polo where the buttons go. If you have a short Placket and crowd 3 buttons in there, it's going to be funky.

I would have said four until I looked in the mirror

Really surprised by the poll that 3 is to many. Majority of polos have 3. Actually most of mine do, it’s my preference.

Back