Poor smash factor

E Lee

Reaction score
Handicap
I’ve been able to increase my swing speed from the mid 90s to the 103-106 range. But frustratingly, I haven’t seen much increases in ball speed and thus distance. Here are a few screenshots of stats. These balls were generally in the fairway, with the 106 mph drive right rough but playable. A few questions:
1. I know I’m not hitting these square based on feel, but is the strike less pure because of the inside out swing, the open face, or both? I can control the face more than the inside out path.
2. Is 8 degrees inside too much? Will strikes improve more by getting this down?
3. Any other suggestions?

thanks!

Attachments

• 22400742-41F5-41E3-9313-80E88B9BDD81.jpeg
    22400742-41F5-41E3-9313-80E88B9BDD81.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 22
  • A1EDA489-D7BD-4EAF-A98D-4754E7DE23A5.jpeg
    A1EDA489-D7BD-4EAF-A98D-4754E7DE23A5.jpeg
    62.4 KB · Views: 21
I’ve been able to increase my swing speed from the mid 90s to the 103-106 range. But frustratingly, I haven’t seen much increases in ball speed and thus distance. Here are a few screenshots of stats. These balls were generally in the fairway, with the 106 mph drive right rough but playable. A few questions:
1. I know I’m not hitting these square based on feel, but is the strike less pure because of the inside out swing, the open face, or both? I can control the face more than the inside out path.
2. Is 8 degrees inside too much? Will strikes improve more by getting this down?
3. Any other suggestions?

thanks!
Or maybe low tee height?

8* from the inside is def way too much. get some impact tape and check where on the face you’re hitting it. or spray foot spray.

8* from the inside is def way too much. get some impact tape and check where on the face you’re hitting it. or spray foot spray.
Just out of curiosity what is the recommended range on on the amount of inside to out or outside out in?

You definitely need to find out where on the face your strikes are. Center of the face (or relatively close) with 105-106 club head, should pretty easily be breaking the 150s

Just out of curiosity what is the recommended range on on the amount of inside to out or outside out in?

i’m not smart enough to say for sure, but i’d say anything from 0 to as much as 5 is ok as long as your aoa is 0 to 5 as well. personally i’m happy with 1-2 from the inside and 3-4 up.

Remember, when we swing a driver, we need to swing from the inside more because we want to hit up on it, a positive Angle of Attack pushes the swing path left. So if you get that Direction number to be zero, the path would be -2 or something like that.

Since your swing direction is a +6, and your path is 8, I think you may be hitting down on it...what is your AoA? [Recognize, that I use Flightscope, so things may be a bit different with numbers.] I would see if you can open your stance a little bit and swing more left once you start hitting up on it.

I would try overcompensating util the face isn't open at impact and see how it looks. It should end up as a block, but the smash factor should jump up.
For me I then moved the ball position forward and got the path to 1-2 degrees inside out.

Back