Popeye's chicken sandwich VS Chick Fil A's

PatsFan

Jedi Knight
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
myself
Has anyone has both?? I have heard the Popeye's sandwich is better.

Popeyes is better, IMO. Chick-Fil-A was the best at one point in time but now many have caught, if not surpassed them.

As I understand it, the Popeye's sandwich is a regular patty, the only reason it's considered spicy is because of sauce they put on it. Is that correct? If so, that's not a spicy chicken sandwich in my rule book. Chick-fil-A spicy is spicy on its own, doesn't need sauce, so that's the winner in my book.

Correct me if I'm wrong on the Popeye's thing though, that's just what I'd been told.

I have not tried Popeyes yet. Need to get on that

Popeye's all day. Just had one for lunch. Spicy that is. CFA's regular chicken sammich is better. Popeye's dominates the spicy chicken sandwich space.

Popeyes has a better sauce in my opinion than chick-fil-a but I like the chick-fil-a sammich better. That’s my taste though

Disclaimer: I am a huge CFA fan.

I have not tried the spicy version of the Popeyes, I have heard that it is better than the CFA spicy.

As far the regular sandwich goes the CFA was better than the Popeyes regular sandwich in my opinion. I was not really impressed with the sandwich from Popeyes. It did have a bit more crunch than the CFA sandwich and I do like more crunch. The Popeyes sandwich was also larger, but lacked the moistness and flavor of the CFA sandwich.

I want to try the Popeyes sandwich again to be fair to them. Maybe it was an off day.

As I understand it, the Popeye's sandwich is a regular patty, the only reason it's considered spicy is because of sauce they put on it. Is that correct? If so, that's not a spicy chicken sandwich in my rule book. Chick-fil-A spicy is spicy on its own, doesn't need sauce, so that's the winner in my book.

Correct me if I'm wrong on the Popeye's thing though, that's just what I'd been told.
I don't think this is about the spicy sandwiches.

As for the regular I still like Chick-Fil-A better. The Popey's breast is too big. It doesn't get as crispy because of that IMO.

Absolutely no comparison. Popeye's in a landslide!

Dam you. That's a tough call as they are both good in there own way. I like them both with CFA being a lot closer, so I eat more of it then Popeyes & Popeyes has better sides. This is kind of like In and Out VS Whataburger everyone is right in their own mind.

I don't think this is about the spicy sandwiches.

As for the regular I still like Chick-Fil-A better. The Popey's breast is too big. It doesn't get as crispy because of that IMO.
Ahh yes, my reading comprehension at the end of the day sucks evidently.

My question about Popeye's spicy sandwich does stand still, is it a regular patty that's only spicy because of sauce they put on it? Or is it already spicy, like with their spicy tenders?

Ahh yes, my reading comprehension at the end of the day sucks evidently.

My question about Popeye's spicy sandwich does stand still, is it a regular patty that's only spicy because of sauce they put on it? Or is it already spicy, like with their spicy tenders?
Not sure, I generally dont get the spicy. It says here the breast is marinated in cajun seasoning before breading, then it also has spicy mayonnaise on it.

https://www.brandeating.com/2019/11/review-popeyes-spicy-chicken-sandwich.html

Popeyes is becoming my favorite.

Popeyes is becoming my favorite.

The Popeye's is better. I don't even think it's close. I lived on Chick-fil-A in college, so I've my fair share.

I want to say that the breast has some spice to it before the sauce. But, it's the sauce that it's it over the top. CFA has no sauce and I found their spicy sandwich very bland. If I want true spicy, I don't think there's a fast food joint around that will do it. But, Popeyes has way more bite to it than CFA. It made my nose run a little but today.

Popeye’s all the way.

There's CFA, then everything else.

Well i can get Popeyes on Sunday......... so........

I could serve you a spicy chicken sandwich from CFA on Sunday alongside the one you get from Popeye's on Sunday and the CFA would still be better.

I could serve you a spicy chicken sandwich from CFA on Sunday alongside the one you get from Popeye's on Sunday and the CFA would still be better.

Chick Fil A all the way for me. Popeyes chicken is too dry for me. Plus the fries, shakes and wonderful customer service make CFA my favorite.

I did not like the Poop Eye enough to want it again. I love the Chick

Back