Portable Swing Speed Monitor

dcorun

Reaction score
Handicap
I recently bought the SuperSpeed Swing System. I'm looking for some suggestions on a portable swing speed monitor that is affordable. I don't need all the bells and whistles just something to see if the system really increases my swing speed. Thanks.

What's your budget?

This one is popular and used to be sold alongside the SuperSpeed units. I’m not aware of a cheaper alternative.

This one is popular and used to be sold alongside the SuperSpeed units. I’m not aware of a cheaper alternative.

Agreed. This is the one I went out and got because I didn’t find a better option about a year ago

If you want one that can measure swing speed without the ball but also do launch monitor capablities this is the only one I have seen:

If you shop around might be able to find it cheaper.

If you want one that can measure swing speed without the ball but also do launch monitor capablities this is the only one I have seen:

If you shop around might be able to find it cheaper.
Another vote.

This is the one I was going to recommend, but it’s outside the price range.

Another vote.

This is the one I was going to recommend, but it’s outside the price range.
Does this one compare more to the SC200 for price and accuracy?

I can't personally say, but I don't think the SC200 can get swing speed without a ball being hit. But I could be wrong here. Most launch monitors only get you swing speed when you hit a ball, so if you are using it for overspeed training with the sticks I would go for this one.

I’ve seen little on it, but a little bit cheaper. $250 vs $200

it’s better on swing speed without the ball the SC200+

I’m 65 and my distance is horrible. I know my swing is too short. I’ve been watching videos on how to increase my swing speed and trying different things I’ve seen but had no idea if any of them were working. I bought the PRGR Black Portable launch monitor. Very easy to use, just turn it on and set it up 3-5 feet behind the ball. Within minutes, I was able to see what was working to increase my speed and carry distance. I was only hitting into my backyard net so I can’t tell how accurate it is yet. Accuracy isn’t important to me, I’m looking to chart my speed increases. My club speed with a 5 iron started at 66. Within 10 or 15 shots, I was able to increase it to 72-73 and I’m still not getting the club all the way back. I prefer working on my swing myself. I am so happy that I can instantly see my progress and make adjustments without leaving home. At $200, I consider it the best money I’ve spent to improve my game.

B5ED20F9-4165-4BAF-A710-F3E7AD373251.jpeg

I am looking for a swing speed radar myself. I have a launch monitor, but simply want to sometimes mess with SS. These things are so over priced it is amazing.

Back