Possible Idea (any input?)

c_ault

Reaction score
I recently finished reading Ben Hogan An American Life by James Dodson and it gave me an idea.

In the book it mentions National Golf Day or "Beat Ben Hogan Day" for what it was explaining.

I did a search of the forums and didn't get any hits for either terms above.

What happened for "Beat Ben Hogan Day" was that at a specified tee time on the specified day, Hogan played a round, and anyone that wanted to beat him also teed off at their course of choice at the specified time. Using full handicaps those that beat Hogan's score got to say they beat Ben Hogan and were sent tokens stating that (I'm going to keep my eye out on the auction sites for one of those).

My idea is to have a THP Golf Day or "Beat JB Day" (if JB is up for it, I'd volunteer but probably can be beaten too easily, then again, once my handicap is set it may be fair). I was thinking that for those that participated and beat JB (or whoever) could get some type of icon on the board (like the donor icon) stating they won.

Any thoughts? Stupid idea?

The idea sounds fun but there is one problem with it. JB is not all that good.

However I like the idea enough that I think we should incorporate it into one of our future outings.

We could have a beat Andy day.

That sounds like a great idea. Last weekend we played a "beat the pros" tourney at my club. It was a similar idea and very fun.

We could have a beat Andy day.

Unfortunately watching Andy put up a 67 does no good for anybody of course...hehe

Beat KellyBo? Wait, we need an easier opponent, hehe.
Unfortunately watching Andy put up a 67 does no good for anybody of course...hehe

Back