Post THP Showcase

Crazy good. I love what they have evolved their Srixon offerings into.

The next time I am in a store you can bet I will be trying them out 😎

I hit two drivers during Showcase week.

One was the Cobra Radspeed and my thoughts are in the thread.
One is a driver I'm basically never going to talk about again.

Other drivers definitely on my radar:
1- One I can't talk about (yet)
2- The Callaway drivers that I didn't get to hit, but after gaming Flash SZ I'm very curious
3- Srixon - Their tech story is fun (and different)

Haha, Okay why did you have to say that? Is this a next years release or one that is still to come this year? Is it one of the new Mizuno’s? Now I’m going to be thinking about this half the night

I hit two drivers during Showcase week.

One was the Cobra Radspeed and my thoughts are in the thread.
One is a driver I'm basically never going to talk about again.

Other drivers definitely on my radar:
1- One I can't talk about (yet)
2- The Callaway drivers that I didn't get to hit, but after gaming Flash SZ I'm very curious
3- Srixon - Their tech story is fun (and different)

I need to catch up on the Thursday/Friday Showcase days

but I’d say Srixon and the embargoed Mizuno are top of my list

Its content like the showcase that make me feel more a part of the THP community. I feel like I know the team a little bit better now.

I am hot on the trail for new irons and likely more. The week’s content was helpful and enjoyable. I would say the content reinforced my plan to test more options and swing clubs more times before buying. Among irons I like so far, there are honestly several I would enjoy playing. But the process of exploration and testing is helping me refine what attributes I want in a new iron set. The THP guys experience last week reinforced that as I watched them hit and clearly like many options but then find their next gamer through a combo of numbers, feel, and intangibles.

There are four drivers I really really want to try now.

As someone who loves to research, analyze and read about most things I purchase, the Showcase was definitely impactful on my purchase decisions and gets me excited for the new releases. While I had already purchased the Srixon irons, it reinforced that decision.

I also really liked the Tour Edge information, and I am committed to trying an EXS 220 or Pro hybrid or 3W this year after seeing the numbers their clubs were getting.

I’m definitely having some post THP Showcase blues right now. A few brands that I’ve never played that jumped into my mind that could alter which way I go with irons in 2021. The Callaway Apex Pro’s stood out along with the Srixion ZX 5’s.

Eye opening for me was @JasonFinleyCG take on the golf ball for sure.

Great week THP!!!

Listening to Voshall confirmed I made the right choice with my Mizunos.

Completely altered my anticipation of what I might play this year, totally and completely,
Do tell, what is something that really impressed you?

Wouldn't say my plans have changed, but I have regrets. I changed most of my bag last month and I regret pretty much my entire setup in my bag 🤷‍♂️
You've only been a member for 6 months, don't go down the path of the club ho already, you will never come back 😂

Haha, Okay why did you have to say that? Is this a next years release or one that is still to come this year? Is it one of the new Mizuno’s? Now I’m going to be thinking about this half the night
Based on reading other threads I believe they are talking about a Titleist TSi4 that is yet to be released.

Reactions: MH
Do tell, what is something that really impressed you?
JPX 921 Forged, the power and distance out of the profile is crazy to me still.

ES21 wedges might be the highest spinning I’ve ever tried.

Callaway X Forged UT is a rocket launcher, and the feel is impeccable.

Epic Max fairway is a cannon, but maybe too low spin for me.

Titleist fairways are the real deal.

You've only been a member for 6 months, don't go down the path of the club ho already, you will never come back 😂
I was a club ho in a former life (before I took 10 years off) so I think I'm predisposed to club-hoery 🤣

The showcase was such a fun watch but i have to go back and catch the days i missed,, especially the driver hitting canadan won't speak of lol

The Mizuno irons are so high on my list, but I want to go in for a fitting as I've never had one. The other top choice is the apex line up.

I need to start working some extra time and putting some money away, could be an expensive golf year haha

Did it alter it? Probably not but it did open my eyes for a few things that I may not have given a solid look at.
Unless I’m getting in some sort of THP experience that has irons, I’m rolling with my Mizunos again this year. My wedges are getting replaced. Then on the top end I could see a different 3w or adding a hybo

I really want to try several different drivers at this point.

I am looking forward to all the videos that were hinted during the week. The Graphite design test is going to be great, I have 2 of them and curious to see the whole range tested and compared at the same time

It does change my plans for November of this year ;):ROFLMAO:

For me hitting basically ALL the drivers it solidified RAD Speed as a fantastic offering this year, in regards to Cobra irons specifically for the Morgan Cup I’m more confused than ever haha. Both RAD and MIM are really good.

It also proved that is a ton of amazing offerings from all the companies in both drivers and irons, so play what you like

Last week was great to watch. I'm most interested in the Mizuno 921 forged and Apex irons.

Always been a Mizuno fan, but hard to not be impressed watching @Canadan hitting all those Apex iron shots right at the pin !!

Back