NEWS Powerbilt Teams Up with HEAD

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

PowerBilt Holdings announced today that they have entered into a multi-year agreement with HEAD Sport GmbH to design, manufacture and distribute an extensive line of golf equipment and accessories in North & South America, Canada, Europe, Australia, South Africa and Asia. This collaboration pairs PowerBilt’s storied golf expertise with HEAD’s rich history of creating high performance products as evidenced by their positioning in both Winter and Racquet Sports.

Paul Boe, President of PowerBilt says, “I remember when HEAD made premium, tour proven golf equipment in the 90’s and always respected their commitment to performance.

Using advanced materials and high MOI designs, HEAD was and remains a pioneer in technology.
Personally, I’m honored to have the opportunity to build upon their legacy in the Golf Equipment Market.”

PowerBilt is committed to continuing with the Brand’s legacy in golf by offering a modern line of equipment that captures the performance driven mentality of HEAD. With our commitment to making the game accessible and enjoyable for all, PowerBilt is creating this line for the aspirational golfer who desires affordable, performance equipment sure to take their game to the next level.

The PowerBilt x HEAD product line will consist of performance metalwoods, hybrid irons, wedges, putters, golf bags and various accessories featuring PowerBilt’s attention to detail and HEAD’s commitment to performance. The positioning will be at the mid-premium level utilizing advanced materials and top branded components. Development is already under way with a projected initial launch in September, 2020.

Huh. Interesting. Doesn’t move the needle much for me, but maybe we’ll see some interesting entry level stuff.

• Admin
Huh. Interesting. Doesn’t move the needle much for me, but maybe we’ll see some interesting entry level stuff.

It says "mid-premium level" in the release and I genuinely don't even know what that means anymore.

It says "mid-premium level" in the release and I genuinely don't even know what that means anymore.
Generally marketing terms have some sort of substance buried in them. I don’t think that’s the case here.

I’ll take a side of ranch with my word salad please? :ROFLMAO:

These were my first set of irons. I loved playing with them and when I moved on from them I regretted it for quite a while.

HTB1rYMuNVXXXXcLaXXXq6xXFXXX4.jpg

This was one of the best feeling forged cb’s I’ve ever played. Couldn’t stand the cavity badge so I removed them. I really had no business playing them at that point but you could buy a 5-P set of heads for $75. Couldn’t pass that up
D3CA1750-A269-4DA7-89FA-4E75E899E166.jpeg

Never tried Powerbilt golf clubs but, in my school days while on the ski team, I tried a set of Head skis... absolute garbage compared to my Fisher C4 Racing skis. Had a edge rip completely off in the last turn of a downhill competition. Broken wrist and missed qualifying for state championship due to injury. Needless to say I hold a grudge and cannot say anything nice about Head!:mad:

I have a co-worker who has Powerbilt clubs he bought from Menards 10 years ago. I always give him a hard time because I didn't think they would ever make clubs again. Evidently from this article and a quick Google search, I was dead wrong.

Tommy "Two Gloves" Gainey has a chance for a new sponsor!! (too soon??)

Hmmm file this under interesting.. I guess? Head is and will always be a racquet company in my mind and power bilt is...well yeah. This doesn't do anything for me

Is that basically just mainstream with a bit of fluff added? With the advent of PXG/Miura/Honma/etc., it would be hard to say you're going after the "premium" market these days.

Hmmm file this under interesting.. I guess? Head is and will always be a racquet company in my mind and power bilt is...well yeah. This doesn't do anything for me

I was a huge Andre Agassi fan back in the day and always remember he played Head tennis rackets... I even had a couple in grade school. I had no idea they were part of the golf world.

Is that basically just mainstream with a bit of fluff added? With the advent of PXG/Miura/Honma/etc., it would be hard to say you're going after the "premium" market these days.

Just for giggles let’s play the game.

PXG/Honma/Muria etc. -Ultra Premium

Callaway/TM/Cobra (non-box lines) — Premium

Tour Edge/ Wilson staff(?)- mid premium?

Lynx/Wilson reflex—entry?

So many crude jokes possible here.

That said, I forgot Powerbilt was even still alive.

The only thing I can think of is trying to follow in Tour Edge’s footsteps. Try to make a quality product and make it significantly cheaper than the premium brands. Try and grab those PGA Tour Champions players for sponsorship and market to people that actually remember Head and Powerbilt.

OK, I cant resist...

Will we see a PowerHEAD product line?:LOL:

I consider this more of a defense weapon than a golf club.

Attachments

• 20191213_085433.jpg
    20191213_085433.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 9
Whe I saw this, I immediately thought of this

1576254733449.png

Powerbilt? Welp, now things are getting interesting.

I remember the PowerBuilt line of irons back in the day. But I've always associated HEAD with tennis racquets .... Andre Agassi (y)

I used to swing a Head tennis racket when I played for my high school team.
I loved that racket. Maybe they can team together and make some good golf clubs?

Just for giggles let’s play the game.

PXG/Honma/Muria etc. -Ultra Premium

Callaway/TM/Cobra (non-box lines) — Premium

Tour Edge/ Wilson staff(?)- mid premium?

Lynx/Wilson reflex—entry?

I think Wilson would argue they should be in the Premium category, at least for some of their irons. And you can probably separate Callaway out by line as well. Rogue as Mid-premium, Apex as premium.

My guess is it's that $700-800/set iron category where most people are buying. But I just don't see how someone moves into that space.

I think Wilson would argue they should be in the Premium category, at least for some of their irons. And you can probably separate Callaway out by line as well. Rogue as Mid-premium, Apex as premium.

My guess is it's that $700-800/set iron category where most people are buying. But I just don't see how someone moves into that space.
I especially don’t see how powerbuilt and head move into that space.

If it meant anything, it would mean that their only competitor would be Cobra. Based on the market data Cobra is the only real mid sized OEM.

Back