NEWS Powerbilt Teams Up with HEAD

So many crude jokes possible here.

That said, I forgot Powerbilt was even still alive.
It's a weird thing in Canada. Tommy Armour is/was essentially a house brand for Forzani (Sport Chek Nevada Bobs etc, owned by Canadian Tire Corp). Over the past couple years pretty much all their stuff has slowly changed over to the Powerbilt name.

I especially don’t see how powerbuilt and head move into that space.
I would say they don't, at least in this country. Head has a large presence in globe market as well, so what might not sell well in the sates could be a game changer in Europe or S. Africa. They're almost like another Wilson Sporting Goods with all of the product that the have/sell worldwide.

This is their latest club line. Certainly not a needle mover for me, but that doesn't mean they can't design more players type clubs and maybe they will. Looking at their current offering(which is only one type of iron) I would place them at the entry level.

1576265080836.png

This is their latest club line. Certainly not a needle mover for me, but that doesn't mean they can't design more players type clubs and maybe they will. Looking at their current offering(which is only one type of iron) I would place them at the entry level.

View attachment 8918916

Those look firmly in the “box set” category to me.

Played a wooden Powerbilt driver years ago, loved that driver.

My first set of clubs, Powerbuilt TPS and persimmon woods back in the 70's early 80's. Seemed fine at the time.

I feel like a bit of an outlier here but I am going to go out on a limb and say that I think they could knock it out the park. Obviously, it is way too early to tell how it will all shake loose but the anticipation of what they could roll out is somewhat exciting. Right?

I mean, how bad could these irons be?

1576290984945.png

The Head Premise irons were a pretty sleek set in the mid 90s. My Dad had a set for years. Had DG shafts, some exclusive GP half cord dimple grips and a brass pin to the sole in a bore through hosel. I keep some of the old Golf annual equipment issues and they had a huge multi page spread. Pretty good test results too. I only played them once because I had to have forged. :)
When they closed them out, I picked up a new set for friend for $40.

I received a Powebilt putter from my Secret Santa today!
IMG_1395.JPGIMG_1396.JPGIMG_1397.JPG

Back