Precision Pro Ace Smart Speaker

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Precision Pro Golf – a technology company that creates innovative products to help golfers of all skill levels enjoy the game more – unveils the ACE Smart Speaker, a ground-breaking entry into the portable Bluetooth speaker category that combines proprietary MYSLOPE™ technology with high-end audio capabilities to create the ideal accessory for the golf course and beyond.

The ACE ($149.99), which stands for Audio Caddie Experience, does not require players to look at or use their phones during a round of golf. Instead, data is seamlessly relayed via Bluetooth from the Precision Pro Golf app (iOS and Android). Beyond providing standard and slope adjusted distances (which accounts for elevation differences between the player and their target), the ACE will also display and announce yardages to the front, middle and back of the green. The Audio Caddie smoothly vocalizes GPS distances over music, podcasts or other mediums.

While great for golf, the size (8 inches by 3 inches) and quality of the ACE make it ideal for a variety of outdoor and indoor activities, such as hiking, camping, fishing or just hanging out at home. The ACE outperforms competing GPS speakers by providing 18 to 24 hours of battery life and a connection range of up to 50 yards.

Precision Pro Golf set out to develop a speaker with premium audio quality, but also create a product that helps all golfers have a better and more enjoyable round. Using the Precision Pro Golf app, a player can create personalized layup spots to help them find their favorite distance into the green or avoid dangerous hazards. Further, the unit features what the company jokingly refers to as the “Bababooey Button,” which allows users to activate fun audio celebrations immediately after their playing partner’s swing.

“The ACE provides the best of both worlds to users by offering great sound and an unmatched level of functionality,” says Clay Hood, CEO of Precision Pro Golf. “This isn’t just another Bluetooth speaker that provides music and GPS distances, it is a tool that will help golfers make better decisions and have a great time on the course.”

Among the key features found in the Ace is Precision Pro’s proprietary new MYSLOPE™ technology. It is the first-ever personalized slope calculation that creates an adjusted distance unique to the player and their environment. With the push of a button the ACE engages the patented MYSLOPE™ algorithm, which combines a player’s unique ball data (launch angle, ball speed, spin rate) with environmental variables (temperature, altitude, humidity, etc.) to both announce and display yardages specific to every player.

MYSLOPE™ was created by Precision Pro’s in-house team of data analysts, who wanted to design a system that was more personal and provided individualized distances to users. The complex algorithm uses weather information from the player’s smartphone, including data on air density, air pressure, altitude, etc. Golfers can also enter their unique ball data into the Precision Pro Golf app or create a profile that draws from the ball flight data of thousands of other users with similar traits. The result is the most personalized distance measurements ever.

Further features of The ACE include:

• Water Resistant – Provides clear audio that packs a punch and can handle the toughest of weather conditions
  • GPS Distances – Slope-adjusted distances to the front, center, and back of the green displayed on the device
  • Golf Shot Celebrations – Follow up your golfing buddy’s shot, whether it’s good or bad, with common celebrations or shouts that you hear at PGA Tour events. “BABABOOEY!”
  • Personalized Layup Locations – Golfers can use the Precision Pro Golf app to identify hazards and personal layup locations
  • Remote Control – A tiny hand-held remote allows players to be up to 50 years away from the speaker and still control its functions with the click of a button
  • Magnetic Cart Grip – Easily sticks to the cart, clubs or any other metal object
  • Find My Precision Pro – Notifies the golfer when their speaker is missing and reminds them to secure it when the round is over

• AD8AE016-661F-4A57-BE0A-CFD81CFE7953.png

A lot of really neat features here, but do we really need it to shout stupid stuff like you hear on tv?

I really like the idea of this. I am looking forward to someone letting us know how the sound quality is.

This speaker and it's features sound pretty darn cool.

So the major difference from the Wingman will be the MYSLOPE™ technology?

Very interesting.

The whole myslope feature is certainly eyebrow raising. Don’t hate that one bit if it works as well as one can imagine it to.

Cool concept, but I've yet to hear anyone use a device that "shouts" yardages at them. It just feels very odd to me to have a device yelling yardages at me in an environment where people naturally hate noise.

I really like the idea of this. I am looking forward to someone letting us know how the sound quality is.
The sound was my question. Any chance of the THP Tech Studio getting to test this unit?

A lot of really neat features here, but do we really need it to shout stupid stuff like you hear on tv?
I'm with @J.B. Cobb III on this one, sounds like a great device, but who wants to bring their own idiots shouting stupid stuff to the course. :confused2:

I should have one of these in hand for review by the middle of next week!

Ok that is an amazing product. How do you get the bababooey? Can we have a video review of that? Sounds like a fun feature after some beers on course

Ok that is an amazing product. How do you get the bababooey? Can we have a video review of that? Sounds like a fun feature after some beers on course
Hahaha! I don’t know about video, but I’ll use it on my HS kids :LOL:

Hahaha! I don’t know about video, but I’ll use it on my HS kids :LOL:
Video is a must... C'mon plleeeaassseee

I’m not so sure on the bababouey but looks like a nice speaker with great function. Will look for the review soon.

I should have one of these in hand for review by the middle of next week!
I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I almost pulled the trigger this weekend probably would have if I found one on sale. But I am hesitant to jump in at full retail without hearing functionality reviews. I remember the hassles the wingman game some folks and I don’t want to have that experience.

Last edited:
I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I almost pulled the trigger this weekend probably woke of I found one on sale. But I am hesitant to jump in at full retail without hearing functionality reviews. I remember the hassles the wingman game some folks and I don’t want to have that experience.
Im eager to put it to work.

So the major difference from the Wingman will be the MYSLOPE™ technology?
I have the wingman but lately only have used it as a speaker. Watch and rf for distances.

Im eager to put it to work.
With video ! Come on I have to know what bababooey and smashed potatoea (if it exists soundslike)... Custom sounds would be great lol...

Gotta hold of that one
Playing a little game of whack F***

150 yards should be a nice little 9 iron

would need to be added for the weekend golf round

It better have 100 catchphrases ranging from "MASHED POTATOES" to really vulgar shock comments and snide insults.

This would probably be nice for some golfers and some I know would go for it. Not my thing as I don't want to carry anything else around with me. My watch does the job fine and gives me all the info I care to get. I do have a buddy that has a small square device that he clips on his hat. He presses a button and it announces the yardages so he doesn't have to look at it like a watch.

This would probably be nice for some golfers and some I know would go for it. Not my thing as I don't want to carry anything else around with me. My watch does the job fine and gives me all the info I care to get. I do have a buddy that has a small square device that he clips on his hat. He presses a button and it announces the yardages so he doesn't have to look at it like a watch.

Yeah i think the nice thing here is that it's like watch GPS. Never have to worry about missing the information.

I like the design and magnetic speaker. With newly purchased v3 and NX9, not sure I'm the ideal customer because i like to follow the KISS method for golf.

Officially have this one in hand! It’s charging now, but I’ll get some pics up for everyone this evening, also hope to take it to the course this afternoon or this weekend sometime.

Officially have this one in hand! It’s charging now, but I’ll get some pics up for everyone this evening, also hope to take it to the course this afternoon or this weekend sometime.

Excited to hear your thoughts.

Back