Precision Pro NX10 Rangefinder Review

20230731_141253.jpg

Haven’t had any magnet issues knock on wood. It did take a spill yesterday during the round after being bumped. There’s a tiny knick from hitting a rock but that’s about it. One thing I had to start doing out of habit was shooting the pin twice as I would occasionally get a weird yardage. In all but one instance it was enough to make me question the number right away. Outside of that I have no complaints. Im liking this one a lot more than my previous Bushnell

I loved mine. Probably my favorite range finder to date. Fastest I had used. But mine got rained on and not warranty for that so time to start over.
I did have a magnet issue early on a PP’s customer service was awesome to deal with. They replaced my unit with defective or at the very least, weak magnet. The replacement was much stronger. Loved that thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same issue on my Motocaddy. I have a thin metal plate that I fasten it to on top of the scorecard holder and the NX10 falls off several times per round. My Bushnell would maybe fall off once every other round. Think I may get a thicker piece of steel hoping that it helps it stick better.

Changed the piece of metal that I had mounted on my Motocaddy from a paper thin piece of scrap metal to a 3/8" thick piece of steel and the hold is much stronger. Hopefully the PP NX10 stays on my cart longer as it fell off at least 10 times on Saturday while hitting just minor bumps along the course.

Others had a problem with this as well and I never did, although changed to a different device.
I still believe its not the strongest, but definitely works better with different carts. As you saw with the ones at Ballyhack vs what you are using now.

Very odd.
Used a very high quality cart this weekend and had the NX10 mounted the entire time. Not a single issue with plenty of bumps. So it definitely comes down to the type / quality of metal the magnet is attaching to

Used a very high quality cart this weekend and had the NX10 mounted the entire time. Not a single issue with plenty of bumps. So it definitely comes down to the type / quality of metal the magnet is attaching to

I haven't had any issues with the magnet on a traditional cart.

I haven't had any issues with the magnet on a traditional cart.
I don't know what a traditional cart means anymore lol

Zero issues at Ballyhack, ALL the issues at another course and back to zero issues this last weekend. To me, the reliability of the magnet very much seems to be tied to the quality of cart

Yeah super strange. I made mention of this before when someone else was struggling with magnet and was mocked haha, but I absolutely believe it to be true.

The Bushnell I reviewed recently that is considered by many to have a top notch magnet was locked on good and then at Hammock Beach fell off three times.

Yeah super strange. I made mention of this before when someone else was struggling with magnet and was mocked haha, but I absolutely believe it to be true.

The Bushnell I reviewed recently that is considered by many to have a top notch magnet was locked on good and then at Hammock Beach fell off three times.
It totally makes sense to me. I was really bummed when I saw the rangefinder fall off close to double digits that day I was having trouble with it. Now that I had a another flawless day, I'm all on board with that thinking

I don't know what a traditional cart means anymore lol

Zero issues at Ballyhack, ALL the issues at another course and back to zero issues this last weekend. To me, the reliability of the magnet very much seems to be tied to the quality of cart

lol yeah you know what, I dont know what it means either. Guess I meant cart instead of push cart.

Mine still falls off the cart post from time to time, but it usually takes a really solid bump, like one that nearly dumps your bag out onto the course for it to fall off. unfortunately with the hard plastic case they use it does nick up pretty badly. I will post some pics of mine later. But it still keeps on ticking and is just cosmetic. I just wished they used more of a silicon type rubber outside coating to protect it from the scratches/nicks. or at least provided a wrap to buy to also protect it like some of the Bushnells and Nikons have.

as for the cart posts. I guess it can be dependent on that as, as I have used it for a full season now, some cart posts it does seem to adhere better to. Other ones it seems to want to move around it more easily and or fall off. So @JB , not sure if I was the one you mentioned as mocking you a while back. probably, but you are right, that different cart posts seem to work better or worse with the magnet.

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE - UNIT NEVER CHARGED SO NEVER WORKED. EXPENSIVE PAPER WEIGHT!
I received this unit as a gift - It worked when I took it out of the box - but when I went to use it on the golf course it wouldn't power on. I figured it needed a charge but it would not charge, regardless of the cord or power outlet. I contacted customer service. They told me they would replace it and have me send the defective unit back. I then got a second email saying they would replace it and I could discard the old unit. They never sent out the new unit. When I inquired they responded that their warranty does not cover lost/stolen units but they would give me 30% off towards a new one. Each message came from a different person in customer service. SAVE YOUR MONEY, THIS COMPANY IS HORRIBLE AND CLUELESS

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE - UNIT NEVER CHARGED SO NEVER WORKED. EXPENSIVE PAPER WEIGHT!
I received this unit as a gift - It worked when I took it out of the box - but when I went to use it on the golf course it wouldn't power on. I figured it needed a charge but it would not charge, regardless of the cord or power outlet. I contacted customer service. They told me they would replace it and have me send the defective unit back. I then got a second email saying they would replace it and I could discard the old unit. They never sent out the new unit. When I inquired they responded that their warranty does not cover lost/stolen units but they would give me 30% off towards a new one. Each message came from a different person in customer service. SAVE YOUR MONEY, THIS COMPANY IS HORRIBLE AND CLUELESS
So, I’m pretty confused here as the NX10 uses a CR2 battery and isn’t rechargeable….

Their customer service has been quite great for me. I too had some early on issues with my NX10 falling off due to a weak magnet and they sent me a new one before sending the old one back. I was quite pleased. Now, my unit got rained on out in the course and no longer works and they are offering 30% for a new unit but now I may be considering a waterproof option.

Their customer service has been quite good for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Troll post. As @Jman pointed out the NX10 is not rechargeable. It runs off a CR2 battery which Precision Pro replaces for the life of the unit I believe. Mine is still showing full battery life and I am still on the first battery. and as @Minarets pointed out, their Customer Service is some of the best in the business. I had big time issues with the NX9 laser which they completely refunded my money because I was within their 30 day return window. And my first NX10 had what seemed like a really weak magnet which I emailed them and they sent a new unit out even with me not having even returned the other unit.

Received one of these for the Budget Championship this past May and the battery is starting to show down to 2 bars. I went on the website and ordered my replacement battery. It said it required $2.99 shipping which is still cheaper than buying the batteries in the store. Small things like this is what keeps customers. The battery and a new skin should be here next week.

Received one of these for the Budget Championship this past May and the battery is starting to show down to 2 bars. I went on the website and ordered my replacement battery. It said it required $2.99 shipping which is still cheaper than buying the batteries in the store. Small things like this is what keeps customers. The battery and a new skin should be here next week.
new skin? What'd we get?

new skin? What'd we get?
Simple grey. Nothing flashy. The rangefinder has hit the cart path a time or two and wanted to the keep the Budget skin looking a little better. 🤣

Simple grey. Nothing flashy. The rangefinder has hit the cart path a time or two and wanted to the keep the Budget skin looking a little better. 🤣
Mine has fallen victim to the cart path as well. Gotta admit they build a sturdy product. My old range finder would have probably exploded into a million pieces

lmao def makes sense

My NX10 Slope just stopped working, got new in July. I didn’t notice a low battery but just ordered a free battery from Precision. Hope that’s it because I really like this unit.

I have the American flag skin and the magnet is solid on carts.

I put my NX10 back on the bag this weekend and I remember why I like it so much. It’s a bit on the bigger side for a rangefinder but it’s accurate as hell and lighting quick. The numbers in the eye piece are big and easily discernible on whether you’re looking at slope or non slope distance.

Not sure this is coming off the bag again

I put my NX10 back on the bag this weekend and I remember why I like it so much. It’s a bit on the bigger side for a rangefinder but it’s accurate as hell and lighting quick. The numbers in the eye piece are big and easily discernible on whether you’re looking at slope or non slope distance.

I had an nx10 and lost it. I got a bush Nell that was give. To me as a replacement. I don’t like it near as much even though I know it is a much more expensive range finder.

I've been using mine every round ever since the Budget last year. Love this thing! It has fallen off the cart a handful of times, a couple times really hard with a bounce or two, did a quick check to see if it still worked and this thing is a tank! Lol. Works fantastic to this day while still super quick and very accurate. Love the slope feature too.

I've been using mine every round ever since the Budget last year. Love this thing! It has fallen off the cart a handful of times, a couple times really hard with a bounce or two, did a quick check to see if it still worked and this thing is a tank! Lol. Works fantastic to this day while still super quick and very accurate. Love the slope feature too.
Yeah I’ve learned the magnet strength depends on the quality of the cart lol

Mine has fallen off a few carts, HARD. Just a couple nicks to show for it and still performing like a champ. I don’t think I’ll be switching out from this one any time soon!

Back