Precision Pro NX9 HD Slope

My NX9 Slope flaked out for a hole today. It only displayed dashes when I pressed the button to read a distance on a par-3 tee box, similar to what happened with the NX9 HD Slope it replaced when it went bad. It worked fine the rest of the round, though; I just hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

I have had 3 and each one has had problems. If my latest replacement goes bad I am going to go another direction. I like the price point and functionality, but they are just not dependable IMO.

Mine has worked great. Have the random golf club version. Love it.

Ohhhhh. Excited to see what this new one is all about. My first nx9 was stolen, so I replaced it not even 2 weeks ago. Might have to return it if this new one releases soon and is worth it.

Soon....

Just downloaded the PrecisionPro app. Getting even more intrigued now...

Yeah I forgot about the app and downloaded it and saw this.

Must be it.

ef1c930d4a14b1a007e8349d9c42fc76.jpg

ready to hear the deets on this!!

I have the Random Golf version and the optics have a lot of squiggly lines (that is best way I can describe it) through the viewfinder. I have been in touch with them and I think they are going to send out a replacement. Other than that I have been really happy with this model. I am really curious about the new release and look forward to what THP will be releasing tomorrow.

I have the Random Golf version and the optics have a lot of squiggly lines (that is best way I can describe it) through the viewfinder. I have been in touch with them and I think they are going to send out a replacement. Other than that I have been really happy with this model. I am really curious about the new release and look forward to what THP will be releasing tomorrow.
I also have those squiggly lines. It looks like lint or something.

I also have those squiggly lines. It looks like lint or something.
How long have you had your unit? Hasn't gotten worse over time or remained about the same?

How long have you had your unit? Hasn't gotten worse over time or remained about the same?
I've had it for a few months. Came like that. It didn't bother me too much, although, ironically I'm an eye surgeon so I look through instruments like this all the time and something like this on my surgical or office equipment would drive me batty. I may contact the company but I feel bad that I didn't complain right away. I can still use it and it doesn't really affect the performance.

I've had it for a few months. Came like that. It didn't bother me too much, although, ironically I'm an eye surgeon so I look through instruments like this all the time and something like this on my surgical or office equipment would drive me batty. I may contact the company but I feel bad that I didn't complain right away. I can still use it and it doesn't really affect the performance.
Thanks! It was driving my a little nutty, but it would be tolerable unless it got worse.

Hmm I too have the RGC version and luckily, haven’t had any issues yet.

Had an odd thing happen today with my NX9. The screen only showed dashes. I took that battery out, put it back in, and it worked great the rest of the round. I’ve had it over 2 years, and that’s the first bit of trouble I have had. Really like this rangefinder a lot!

Last edited:
My buddy recently acquired a Prevision Pro RGC edition (which is a re-coloured NX9) and it is pretty great.
What isn't great is how shaky I am when I use it, so finding ranges isn't exactly an easy exercise for me.

the magnet feature is a great jump from the previous version. Probably not enough for me to justify buying one but I like the improvement a lot

Mine's been really good. Used 5 days a week with zero complaints. My one suggestion would be a stronger magnet. It's not bad or anything, but it's definitely less strong than the Stick It I had on my NX7. So it just worries me a bit, but hasn't actually bounced off. Flawless transition in use coming from the 7.

Love my RGC version.

Wow seems like a lot of ehhh experiences.

Lost my Leupold the other day and was about to pull the trigger on the NX9. Changed my mind after reading about the issues experience here. The Leupold was six years old and it worked flawlessly... even in the morning fog.

New to this thread and haven't had a chance to look back at all the posts.
Sorry if this has been covered. My only two prior lasers were a Bushnell Tour V2/Slope nad V5 shift. Both of those when you hit the button would immediately read out the yardage.

I just got the NX9 Slope and when I hit the button the first time it brings up the crosshairs to turn it on. I then hit the button again to shoot the yardage and takes about 1-2 seconds for the unit to then jolt and then display the yardage. Is this slight delay normal ?
I noticed in an online review they had the Precision rangefinders ranked about mid pack when it came to speed to where the Bushnell's were in the top 5 for speed so maybe I am just spoiled with how fast the the Bushnell's have been over the years for me.

Back