Precision Pro NX9 HD Slope

Giving away three Precision Pro rangefinders for day 1 of THP Holiday Cheer today on the home page.

not sure if this is the right thread, but wanted to share a little:

Got the NX9 last year after losing a different brand range finder I had for years.

The good, fast, accurate and the magnet feature is fantastic..

the Great, Precision pro's customer service. I have had 2 separate issues in since october, their CS responded quickly and effectively.

the bad... having 2 separate issues that require sending the unit in to be checked out in less than 10 months, and with the lock down situation, 2 of those months the unit didn't get used at all.

Luckily it is still under warranty, but has me concerned going forward.

not sure if this is the right thread, but wanted to share a little:

Got the NX9 last year after losing a different brand range finder I had for years.

The good, fast, accurate and the magnet feature is fantastic..

the Great, Precision pro's customer service. I have had 2 separate issues in since october, their CS responded quickly and effectively.

the bad... having 2 separate issues that require sending the unit in to be checked out in less than 10 months, and with the lock down situation, 2 of those months the unit didn't get used at all.

Luckily it is still under warranty, but has me concerned going forward.
Other than a dead battery, I have been lucky with mine and no issues on the NX9 HD.

Other than a dead battery, I have been lucky with mine and no issues on the NX9 HD.
Love the free battery replacement program; got it in a few days after the request, and just in time for the next round, when the original no longer had enough charge to find the distance. (y)

yeah, I think this is the 2nd unit I have tried. 1st one it stopped picking up targets. So no yardage info. Sent it in, less than a week later (from California to Chicago and a new item coming back) I had a replacement. This one, the battery finally dies while I am on a trip. No big deal, I use my gps on my phone through arccos.

Replace the battery and play sunday, works like a charm, go out yesterday for a match play round and no reticule, no response from the buttons, nothing. Get home and try a couple different batteries and nothing. Reached out this morning and after a couple emails back and forth got a shipping label to send it in. that took less than 3 hours to have the label in hand, but not great that it needs to go in. I am supposed to play a 72 hole tournament at all new courses to me that are supposedly have a lot of elevation changes, so the slope feature would be nice (I am told it is allowed for this tournament).

yeah, I think this is the 2nd unit I have tried. 1st one it stopped picking up targets. So no yardage info. Sent it in, less than a week later (from California to Chicago and a new item coming back) I had a replacement. This one, the battery finally dies while I am on a trip. No big deal, I use my gps on my phone through arccos.

Replace the battery and play sunday, works like a charm, go out yesterday for a match play round and no reticule, no response from the buttons, nothing. Get home and try a couple different batteries and nothing. Reached out this morning and after a couple emails back and forth got a shipping label to send it in. that took less than 3 hours to have the label in hand, but not great that it needs to go in. I am supposed to play a 72 hole tournament at all new courses to me that are supposedly have a lot of elevation changes, so the slope feature would be nice (I am told it is allowed for this tournament).
Dang that doesn't sound good at all!!!! To bad they wouldn't overnight a replacement unit to you.

They redid the design on these and dropped HD from the name kinda interesting.

They redid the design on these and dropped HD from the name kinda interesting.
I was recently having a problem with my NX9 HD not picking up targets. They had me send in in for which they supplied the shipping and then sent me out a brand new NX9 Slope
Fabulous customer service and the new unit looks to be greatly improved. 😁

I was recently having a problem with my NX9 HD not picking up targets. They had me send in in for which they supplied the shipping and then sent me out a brand new NX9 Slope
Fabulous customer service and the new unit looks to be greatly improved. 😁
Great improved how so... The NX9 HD is awesome what was the issue?

Great improved how so... The NX9 HD is awesome what was the issue?
The body is a little longer to prevent your fingers from hanging over the front edge.
Also the buttons on the top are spread out more, along with the slope button slightly recess so it’s not accidentally hit. A big plus in my mind.

The body is a little longer to prevent your fingers from hanging over the front edge.
Also the buttons on the top are spread out more, along with the slope button slightly recess so it’s not accidentally hit. A big plus in my mind.
Slope button is ...I had the nexus which is this body style I liked it. What case did it come in? Magnetic body still?

Slope button is ...I had the nexus which is this body style I liked it. What case did it come in? Magnetic body still?
The slope button controls both the slope feature and the yards and meters function. Yup, still has the magnetic body. Check out their website for more info, I believe they have a trade in policy if your interested.

NX9HD died today. Full battery and no readings. Swapped battery to make sure and nothing. Won’t read any yardages at all. I know there has been quite a few having problems with these and it’s concerning. Sent email to PP already so hopefully as soon as the holiday is over I can have a replacement coming. Rangefinder is only about 7 months old. :(

NX9HD died today. Full battery and no readings. Swapped battery to make sure and nothing. Won’t read any yardages at all. I know there has been quite a few having problems with these and it’s concerning. Sent email to PP already so hopefully as soon as the holiday is over I can have a replacement coming. Rangefinder is only about 7 months old. :(

Sorry man, sadly seems like it was a matter of time for all the HD units. hopefully the new model doesn't have this issue.

Sorry man, sadly seems like it was a matter of time for all the HD units. hopefully the new model doesn't have this issue.
Thankfully it’s still under warranty but that doesn’t really make it better other than they should replace. Hopefully the issue is fixed. If not then I’ll go back to Leupold.

Played with 3 others today 3/4 of us had the Pro NX9 HD Slope 2/3 had the same yardages and those 2/3 were the ones off by 10 yds.

I finally pulled the trigger on an nx7 pro slope about 6 weeks ago and it wasn't accurate from minute one. Was telling myself to maybe just upgrade on the return, but this thread does not inspire confidence. 😕

I’ve had mine since Christmas with no issues. I’ve been very happy so far.

I have had a NX7 Pro with slope for about 1 1/2 years. I guess it is at near end life, because half of the time it will not even pull up the aiming circle. I bought my son one a few weeks ago. Kind of regretting it now.

I’ve played with guys who have had the other models and they would always read with it a yard. Played with @shanewu who has a leupold and it was always 3 yards different. I think they are good rangefinders, but for some reason have just had a build issue. 🤷‍♂️
meant to quote @OldandStiff

Thankfully it’s still under warranty but that doesn’t really make it better other than they should replace. Hopefully the issue is fixed. If not then I’ll go back to Leupold.
I am wondering if they will do a recall? It seems too many of these are having issues and they are awesome range finders, so it would not be good to allow those out in the field to go unattended waiting for something to happen. As good as they are at customer service, I imagine they need to look into this. I have a 9HD and so far it has worked great, but now I am wondering will it knock off at some point.

Played with 3 others today 3/4 of us had the Pro NX9 HD Slope 2/3 had the same yardages and those 2/3 were the ones off by 10 yds.

At least they were consistently off 🤣 It was a pain in the ass to have to remember to add 10yds

Nx7 isn't even on the site anymore.

Got a reply from Precision Pro today. Told me to do a hard reset, but that did nothing.
So he had me give him a shipping address to send a replacement unit. Hopefully it arrives soon. Glad that they honor their product and the warranty on it. I have the NX9HD with slope which doesn't show on their website so wondering if they just replace with NX9

Got a reply from Precision Pro today. Told me to do a hard reset, but that did nothing.
So he had me give him a shipping address to send a replacement unit. Hopefully it arrives soon. Glad that they honor their product and the warranty on it. I have the NX9HD with slope which doesn't show on their website so wondering if they just replace with NX9

That is exactly what happened with mine, replaced the HD with the NX9. it is longer than the HD but I sold it to a friend and moved on to another brand. hopefully you get many good years out of yours.

Back