Precision Pro NX9 HD Slope

Ya after I reset mine it read 15 yards to the mailbox down the black that is probably 75 yards. Then went dead and wouldn't read anything.
Sorry to hear this, but they have them back in stock and should replace for you. Customer Service is easy to work with and even sent a UPS return label in the box.
You got the new nx9? I wonder if it was magnet design as no issues with nx7 before.

You got the new nx9? I wonder if it was magnet design as no issues with nx7 before.
Yes I did. The magnet is strong on this one also. I did notice reading thru the instructions that they do state which way to hang/stick it on the cart frame. I can't imagine that had anything to do with them failing though. 🤷‍♂️

Ya after I reset mine it read 15 yards to the mailbox down the black that is probably 75 yards. Then went dead and wouldn't read anything.
Sorry to hear this, but they have them back in stock and should replace for you. Customer Service is easy to work with and even sent a UPS return label in the box.
Before I took the battery out now, it was able read a few things in the yard at 26, 51, and 74 yds out. Nothing farther out, though, or after pulling and replacing the battery, so let's see what they have to say on Monday. I'm pretty confident about that, based on other experiences here.

Last edited:
I had the new NX9 on the course today. I like the optic, nice and clear. Locked on to the pin quickly and the jolt would let me know I was good.
I had the 2 guys I was playing with shoot pins a couple times to verify distances and 5 times we where within 1 yard. Happy with those numbers and results.
I do like it as it is narrower top to bottom and easier to hold in my smaller hands. They moved the tow buttons farther apart and this was a blessing, no more accidental hitting the M1/M2 button by accident.
The magnet is great, no issues with it falling off the cart upright.
Overall I think this is better than the NX9 HD and hope they have fixed the issues and we don't have the problems of the previous version.

Mine worked today for 2 shots, and then back to the dashes.

Informed precision pro about issues I've seen.

Stay tuned.

Hate to hear all this. Just sent the nx7 pro back that they sent me when I ordered the nx9. It was during the time they were dealing with magnet change on nx9 pro. Nx7 has worked flawlessly. Hope to new nx9 preforms as well

The only question Customer Service asked was what my address is. (y)

Informed precision pro about issues I've seen.

Stay tuned.

Was upfront and honest about it having happened a few times... they said no problem, dont want it to fail permanently - NX9 Slope arriving tomorrow.

Excellent company standing behind their products.

The replacement NX9 Slope was delivered today. It takes a bit longer to lock on the target.

Naturally, the old one was reading trees across the yard today better than it did anything the last 2 rounds I played. It did finally miss a few again.

The replacement NX9 Slope was delivered today. It takes a bit longer to lock on the target.

Naturally, the old one was reading trees across the yard today better than it did anything the last 2 rounds I played. It did finally miss a few again.
I think once you get it on the course you will see it locks on better and faster.

The new NX9 Slope is nicer than the NX9 HD Slope. New shape is better feeling and way to use! Looking forward to gunning se flags tomorrow.

Mine shipped yesterday. Will put it to the test next week.

Really liking the new NX9, faster than the previous HD model. Easier to hold, and no mistakenly hitting the mode button. Super clear optics.

Really liking the new NX9, faster than the previous HD model. Easier to hold, and no mistakenly hitting the mode button. Super clear optics.
I like my replacement much better. I was able to lock on and yardage was accurate. I’m happy that they move the mode button further apart as well.

Good to see the newer version has better ergonomics, just contacted CS as mine started acting up on the first hole yesterday. :confused:

Mine is still working fine, but this really has me concerned. To me these are not cheap. Just how many of these are having issues? You can only get 30% on trade and that means I would need to chunk out more cash to get an NX9 instead of my HD just because it is possible it will fail due to whatever it is that is causing problems. I really feel like they need to address these issues on their website to work with those of us that are PrecisionPro users.

Good to see the newer version has better ergonomics, just contacted CS as mine started acting up on the first hole yesterday. :confused:
What does "acting up" mean - what type of issues?

More than likely yours will stop reading yardages, that seems to be the common issue.

Mine has been reading 14-17 yards (at 150 yd course marker) on every 1/3 shot or so have pulled and reinstalled the battery but comes back to the same issue in a couple of readings.

Mine has been reading 14-17 yards (at 150 yd course marker) on every 1/3 shot or so have pulled and reinstalled the battery but comes back to the same issue in a couple of readings.
Yep, that is how it started. Just email CS and they will take care of it. Easy to work with.

I have had really good luck with mine. Used it today. Had one anomaly. One of the Par 3s has a large fountain in it. I couldn’t get an accurate distance shooting through the water spray. I had to walk out to the right and then it was fine.

I have had really good luck with mine. Used it today. Had one anomaly. One of the Par 3s has a large fountain in it. I couldn’t get an accurate distance shooting through the water spray. I had to walk out to the right and then it was fine.
In all fairness though, you would have had that same problem with any rangefinder no matter how fancy it was or how much you paid for it.

I can’t take anything away from Precision Pro for there CS. They were incredible to work with, told them the issue, they responded and sent out the new model NX9 Slope no hesitation.

I can’t take anything away from Precision Pro for there CS. They were incredible to work with, told them the issue, they responded and sent out the new model NX9 Slope no hesitation.
Same here! They must know its an issue!

The new one has a much stronger Jolt so im digging the increased speed!

Back