Precision Pro NX9 HD Slope

Have used mine for the last 3 rounds and I am very happy.

Good optics, fast aquisition and accurate numbers.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Dadgum magnet. I left it stuck to the cart this evening. :mad:

Yes, they found it, thankfully.

The course is an hour away, though.
Glad you got it back. I'm still working on making the pack up part of my routine.

Glad you got it back. I'm still working on making the pack up part of my routine.

I'd like to think I'll never make this mistake again.

Just to be clear, the magnet is my favorite part of this thing.

Yes, they found it, thankfully.

The course is an hour away, though. :ROFLMAO:

Is it larger than a standard mailing envelope? Maybe they can just mail it to you or small USPS box, send them the $6 to ship it is better than driving back and forth

I'd like to think I'll never make this mistake again.

Just to be clear, the magnet is my favorite part of this thing.

I have done this twice... got lucky and got it back the first time... 2nd time, well it is why I bought the nx9.

My first round with the NX9, well, I really like it. Optics are great, gets the flag quickly and accurately. Struggled a little getting other random land marks (bunker/specific spots) but only tried that twice.

The magnet, while not quite as strong as the ones in my monument cover I had on my previous rangefinder, the larger surface area makes it stick to the cart quite securely. Doesn't stick to clubs as well as the monument, but that is not a large concern for me but wanted to pass it along.

My biggest concern with it is how huge the mode button is and being right in front of the button to turn it on. I accidentally clicked it several times, but luckily it was before I had grabbed a reading. Last thing I want is to switch it to slope mode when I am in a tournament.

Hoping it is a fixable issue, but played monday at a course I have never played with significant slope.... after the 3rd hole the range finder would not pick up a target, at all. No reading would come up on anything. Tried taking the battery out, holding down the mode button nothing. not registering anything....

Going to pull it out tomorrow hopefully at the range, if not will be calling precision pro to see what the issue might be. Hoping it is user error and they can have it up and running quick

Hoping it is a fixable issue, but played monday at a course I have never played with significant slope.... after the 3rd hole the range finder would not pick up a target, at all. No reading would come up on anything. Tried taking the battery out, holding down the mode button nothing. not registering anything....

Going to pull it out tomorrow hopefully at the range, if not will be calling precision pro to see what the issue might be. Hoping it is user error and they can have it up and running quick
That sucks. I went for years without playing with a rangefinder. I never really thought I needed one. Now that I've started using one, I don't like not having it. I left it on my counter one day when I was shooting landmarks around the neighborhood for fun. I got to the golf course and went to pull it out of my bag and panicked when it wasn't there. I didn't panic because I didn't know where it was, I panicked because I'd gotten so used to using it on the course (thank God for The Grint that at least gave me middle of the green yardage. ?).

I had an issue in SC a few weeks ago. It was raining pretty good, and the rangefinder stopped giving me anything meaningful. Everything showed 16 Yards. All the other range finders were working fine.

Since then it has been OK, but the wet weather caused a problem.

I had an issue in SC a few weeks ago. It was raining pretty good, and the rangefinder stopped giving me anything meaningful. Everything showed 16 Yards. All the other range finders were working fine.

Since then it has been OK, but the wet weather caused a problem.

Weird, but I could see that happening... not ideal. Mine was in dry weather with it being maybe 68-70F. Is a little smokey, so maybe that is something. Reached out to their QC and got a quick response... they are going to send me a prepaid shipping label to send it in.

I contacted Precision Pro on halloween (10/31), got a prepaid label that afternoon and dropped it off Friday 11/1. I get a brand new unit in the mail today 11/8. Not sure what the issue was, but pretty pleased with the turnaround time on that, especially since I am in California and their office is in Ohio.

From the reviews here and elsewhere Precision Pro is definitely on my radar (or should I say "laser"?) now for my next purchase. My only reservation is water-resistant vs waterproof living in Vancouver Canada. Living in Canada, I'm liking that it is available on Amazon.ca and models are even are on sale price there now.

I might be buying the NX9 now, especially as it's on sale but the timing wasn't right:
Somehow my still working - well waterproof Bushnell Tour Z6 Jolt found is way out of my carry-on to Lost and Found at Maui airport this week and is being shipped to me. There are some honest folks out there!

It's costing me over $130 CDN to get the Bushnell shipped back quickly from a third party provider working with Maui Airport Lost and Found. As these $ would go a long way towards a new PP NX9 or other model, I thought about cancelling the delivery. But both my wife and I think that would be bad karma. The honesty of the person who found it, TSA searching and being helpful to pointing me to Lost and Found and shipping options if found, the good service of Maui Airport State Lost and Found and even the third party shipper have all been outstanding.

Last edited:
Well just heck.

I snuck out of the office a couple weeks ago to play a quick round.

Bit me in the butt and got a call, had to leave the course and go back to the office to handle an "emergency"

Guess what I forgot on the cart? If you guessed my new range finder, you win. I didn't realize it until this weekend, as I haven't played since.

That makes almost $1000 in GPS/Range Finders I lost this year.

F me.

That sucks!!! I assume you called and nobody turned it in?
That's pretty much why I don't use the magnet feature because I will do the same.

Well just heck.

I snuck out of the office a couple weeks ago to play a quick round.

Bit me in the butt and got a call, had to leave the course and go back to the office to handle an "emergency"

Guess what I forgot on the cart? If you guessed my new range finder, you win. I didn't realize it until this weekend, as I haven't played since.

That makes almost $1000 in GPS/Range Finders I lost this year.

F me.

That sucks man, having gotten lucky to get my rangefinder back 2 out of 3 times I have lost it hoping you get some good juju and that someone found it. You try calling the course?

Guess what I forgot on the cart?
Magnet got you, too?

The one the course 'found' on the cart I used turned out to be a badly beat up NX7 that had been in their shop "for a while". It still makes me sick every time I think about it.

Yeah, I the Magnet got me, but rushing to get back to office bit me too.

Yeah I called. No luck.

Magnet got you, too?

The one the course 'found' on the cart I used turned out to be a badly beat up NX7 that had been in their shop "for a while". It still makes me sick every time I think about it.
Sorry you lost the rangefinders. I don't do a lot of cart golf (just usually on vacation). I realize I'm the dummy that recently lost my rangefinder from my airline carry-on by being careless.

But I don't get keeping the rangefinder in the cart attached by magnet or in the tray vs just keeping it in the rangefinder pocket in the bag, which most seem to have now. They are deep enough with today's smaller rangefinders and I've never had any problem with it falling out. That eliminates the issue of leaving it in the cart after the round.

In play one already needs to go to the back to get a club. Pull out rangefinder from bag pocket, zap it and get accurate yardage from the actual distance to flag from beside the cart, pull out club. Am I missing something here?

ps I always use these labels on my clubs and my electronics just in case something does happen they are found by an honest person:
www.golfid.ca

Last edited:
Sorry you lost the rangefinders. I don't do a lot of cart golf (just usually on vacation). I realize I'm the dummy that recently lost my rangefinder from my airline carry-on by being careless.

But I don't get keeping the rangefinder in the cart attached by magnet or in the tray vs just keeping it in the rangefinder pocket in the bag, which most seem to have now. They are deep enough with today's smaller rangefinders and I've never had any problem with it falling out. That eliminates the issue of leaving it in the cart after the round.

In play one already needs to go to the back to get a club. Pull out rangefinder from bag pocket, zap it and get accurate yardage from the actual distance to flag from beside the cart, pull out club. Am I missing something here?

ps I always use these labels on my clubs and my electronics just in case something does happen they are found by an honest person:
www.golfid.ca

I try to keep it moving, sometimes to my detriment.

When I go to my ball, I already have club(s) in hand, along with the range finder. SO when I get to my ball, it is a quick laser, then hit.

I try to keep it moving, sometimes to my detriment.

When I go to my ball, I already have club(s) in hand, along with the range finder. SO when I get to my ball, it is a quick laser, then hit.
Sorry, I'm still confused how the rangefinder gets left in the cart by mistake, which was the segue in this thread.

As I understand it, the rangefinder is in or attached to the cart, and you take it to the back and pull the club (s), go to ball and then shoot distance and hit. Then take the rangefinder back into the cart after the shot. Second interpretation..are you shooting once from the front of the cart for rough distance, grabbing prospective clubs then shooting exact distance with rangefinder in hand at the ball?

If you are taking the finder with you to the ball with club(s), (or not) it seem to me using the bag rangefinder pocket is as convenient, cushions the device and it's not going to be left in the cart at the end of the round by mistake.

Sorry, I'm still confused how the rangefinder gets left in the cart by mistake
I'd only had it in play for 5 rounds, and 2 of those were walking rounds where I used its case clipped to my bag. It just wasn't in my routine yet to remember to check for it on the way out after a riding round.

I compounded things on its farewell voyage by putting its case in the big pocket on my bag, instead of leaving it hooked on the outside, too. When I pulled the case out of the bag later is when I started feeling really dumb.

The magnet is awesome; so much easier than in and out of a case or pocket all day.

Sorry, I'm still confused how the rangefinder gets left in the cart by mistake, which was the segue in this thread.

As I understand it, the rangefinder is in or attached to the cart, and you take it to the back and pull the club (s), go to ball and then shoot distance and hit. Then take the rangefinder back into the cart after the shot. Second interpretation..are you shooting once from the front of the cart for rough distance, grabbing prospective clubs then shooting exact distance with rangefinder in hand at the ball?

If you are taking the finder with you to the ball with club(s), (or not) it seem to me using the bag rangefinder pocket is as convenient, cushions the device and it's not going to be left in the cart at the end of the round by mistake.
It got left on the cart because I was called off the course by a work emergency and I brain farted

Back