Precision Pro R1 Rangefinder

definitely intrigued by this one. looking forward to reading some real-world experience and feedback

The idea that you can't lose this device is pretty attractive.
I’ll take that challenge. I’ve lost 2

It sounds like an amazing device. Looking forward to seeing some of the indepth reviews. If it has all of that functionality and is easy to use, it's a no-brainer at that price.

Just looking at the photos again and comparing to their other models. The proportions look different. Was the ergonomic cutout closer to the viewing port redesigned, or is the opposite end a little beefier with all the added tech?

Wow, that is a lot of stuff going on in a range finder package. Pretty cool.

Just looking at the photos again and comparing to their other models. The proportions look different. Was the ergonomic cutout closer to the viewing port redesigned, or is the opposite end a little beefier with all the added tech?
We won't have one in hand for a couple of weeks. As soon as that takes place, @Jman will be testing it out thoroughly.

We won't have one in hand for a couple of weeks. As soon as that takes place, @Jman will be testing it out thoroughly.
Really eager to work with this one, a lot going on here for sure

Appears that the Garmin Z82 offers a much better integration of the Rangefinder and GPS in one unit.

Appears that the Garmin Z82 offers a much better integration of the Rangefinder and GPS in one unit.
How so? Besides the 280.00 more? ;)

Im eager to see if this delivers, some bold claims for 319

if they can get all of that right for that price point, I would think those who like to buy a rangefinder at that 250 mark would certainly think about going this way.

The Z82 offer GPS points for hazards (front/back), green like the R1, 200/150/100 points as well as a visual of the hole...The R1 does not. The z82 also offers integration of weather.

The Z82 offer GPS points for hazards (front/back), green like the R1, 200/150/100 points as well as a visual of the hole...The R1 does not. The z82 also offers integration of weather.
For 280.00 more, that’s not an insignificant amount

if they can get all of that right for that price point, I would think those who like to buy a rangefinder at that 250 mark would certainly think about going this way.
Agreed, if it delivers, they’ve disrupted things again potentially

Pay less and get less....the Z82 simply offers better GPS comparison wise.
But, how do you know that? That’s an assumption, no?

Nice to see Precision Pro introducing a rangefinder with this many features. I've been using the same Bushnell for 6-7 years, with no end in sight unless it breaks. That said, having new competition in a market like rangefinders provides options (pretty affordable one in this case) and forces the mainstays to keep pushing as well. Interested to see how this works out in the review. Not sure it'll sway me personally but this could be a great option for a lot of people who don't want to spend $4-600 on a new unit with modern features.

Im really curious to see how the phone Bluetooth interaction works

But, how do you know that? That’s an assumption, no?
Check what the z82 specs are for gps...much more than the r1...by far.
I do have the z82, so no assumption...fact

Sent from my Note 9

Check what the z82 specs are for gps...much more than the r1...by far.
I do have the z82, so no assumption...fact

Sent from my Note 9
Again though, you’re basing on assumption even with the specs having not actually seen the device in operation. Is it surprising the specs are less when it’s at a 280.00 lower price? Not at all. Could it be just as effective? Yep, and we are going to find out.

Again though, you’re basing on assumption even with the specs having not actually seen the device in operation. Is it surprising the specs are less when it’s at a 280.00 lower price? Not at all. Could it be just as effective? Yep, and we are going to find out.
MGS did a review and spelled out what the r1 has re gps...not even close to the z82.

Sent from my Note 9

MGS did a review and spelled out what the r1 has re gps...not even close to the z82.

Sent from my Note 9
Who? :ROFLMAO::(

I’ll just wait for when we get it in hand for a full and thorough review, which is very soon.

From the MGS....
"The R1 gives targeted yardages, plus front/middle/back GPS measurements."

If the GPS info is limited to just the green then the Garmin Z82 blows it away from a GPS standpoint with all the info it has on a visual of each hole.

Again, we are looking forward to getting this in hand for a full and thorough review. (y)

Back