PrecisionPro NX9 HD Slope

Snickerdog

Team THP 2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I just picked this up from our friends at Budget Golf. Comes in a really nice box and well packaged. I took it outside of office to adjust the eye piece and shot up the street to shoot a yardage on a mailbox and picked it up easily. I’m a bit shakey at times and this thing locks in quick. I like the jolt feature as you know it is on target. The 7X magnification is really clear.
23C34261-A870-483F-9234-6EA545D916D4.jpeg
99CD56A2-4214-4292-90A7-513934ED1E01.jpeg
29B590D7-A598-4854-BF31-77DAD04CB439.jpeg
F5EEA1F7-C468-4D64-8E84-5822E3462CD1.jpeg
The magnet on this thing is strong!!!
2A845770-648B-41CA-B299-E469EFBEA4AA.jpeg

When my Bushnell dies, I will be going with one of these.

Picked one up last fall, very happy with it except for the battery being DOA.

Im using this exact unit right now and love it.

I'm waiting on mine to be delivered today!

I bought this from budget golf as well, I used it for the first time last week. I am also a bit shaky, it hit the pin 96% of the time, the rest of the time it hesitated on locking in on pin ( must have only been 140 out) , it may have been my error pressing the button to lock on.
I love the magnetic mount feature. For now, I’m really happy with the purchase, I need to use it more golfing.... need weather to stay warm up here... ?

Did you call them and did they send you another one?
I had shot a few distances with it at home and it worked fine.
Found out just before my first round that it wouldn't power up so, I just ran over to the local convenience store across the road.

I had shot a few distances with it at home and it worked fine.
Found out just before my first round that it wouldn't power up so, I just ran over to the local convenience store across the road.
They do batteries for life, I would let them know and have a back up.

Lol, the replacement batteries came in a 2pk. If I had another spare, good chance I would lose it before I used it. ?

I love mine. Should’ve bought one a long time ago

The value on the market right now for handheld rangefinders. That unit will do all that you need with speed.

Bought my NX9 from Budget last summer. Absolutely love it.

Looking hard this way since my Bushnell Hybrid broke in half and I don’t want to replace the one that was stolen this summer.

Price is right, for sure.

The value on the market right now for handheld rangefinders. That unit will do all that you need with speed.
I was surprised how fast it locked on to the target. Liking the jolt confirmation.

I was messing around with this last night when I got home. I really am liking the jolt feature. You know for sure you are locked onto what you are aiming at. Didn't have it on my last rangefinder and is a pleasant addition.
No granted I was shooting stationary targets and not flags blowing in the wind but really no issues. Will get this out for some testing this weekend.

Besides the battery non issue the only problem I have is fat finger syndrome with the slope function. Always turning it on and off by accident.

Besides the battery non issue the only problem I have is fat finger syndrome with the slope function. Always turning it on and off by accident.
I noticed it is easy to hit the mode button, but not really an issue I don't think.

Aside from inadvertently changing the mode from time to time, this thing is fantastic. It is a lot faster and more accurate than the GPS apps I've used in the past. Nothing beats the integrated magnet!

The biggest problems I have with it are the hands trying to hold it still.

I will be keeping an eye on this thread Snickers as a rangefinder is something I have been thinking about adding

Already have my Garmin watch but it only gives me F/M/B distances, so a rangefinder would be handy to pick out hazards etc

I will be keeping an eye on this thread Snickers as a rangefinder is something I have been thinking about adding

Already have my Garmin watch but it only gives me F/M/B distances, so a rangefinder would be handy to pick out hazards etc

I will be comparing to my Leupold GX-2i.
The Leupold has amazingly clear optics, it was smallish and easy to use. While the NX9 is slightly bigger the 7x magnification is great. The biggest difference is the price, The Leupold was $559, where as the Precision Pro retails for $329. ( I was able to take advantage of a sale $40 off, plus the 15% off at Budget golf for THP discount helped) so final cost was $246.
I will have it on course this weekend and have more thoughts.

Nice! I'd really like one that would calculate slope for me, I've always been curious what the actual distance was on a few holes that have significant drop off. Hard to spend the extra on a new unit though when my V3 does a decent job.

Nice! I'd really like one that would calculate slope for me, I've always been curious what the actual distance was on a few holes that have significant drop off. Hard to spend the extra on a new unit though when my V3 does a decent job.
I only play a few courses a year where it is really handy to have, but on those occasions it's invaluable IMO. I understand about not wanting to upgrade as the units are not cheap by any means, but I would guess there has been some significant upgrades in the optics since then. This one being at 7x is great.

Back