Predict Your Round: What will you shoot today?

My next few rounds are for cards to put in for my new handicap, with that in mind I suspect I will shoot mid to high 70's, so 77-79

Out again tomorrow so we will see

My next time playing will be on Thursday. It will be at a course that I could call my home course if I ever had such a thing. Anyway having played this course for the last forty years or so I'm predicting I will shoot somewhere in the mid to upper 80s. :)

Well my prediction was off, I shot 47/44 for a 91. :(

Despite the left side of my neck having been locked up for a week now I was swinging well yesterday at the range. I'm gonna go with an 83 today.

I'll be walking 9 if the job site is too wet.

A couple of over cooked tee balls along with a 3 putt or two should add up to smooth 41. :rolleyes:

Going to my old reliable today as I am playing Southern Dunes for the 6th week in a row. This is the last of my 6-pack rounds but i will purchase another one next week.

So I just looked at the tee sheet and all the times before me are wide open so it looks like I may be able to play pretty quick which is good since the high in Maricopa today looks to be 110. I would venture to say I will shoot 82 with the goal to be 78.

My next few rounds are for cards to put in for my new handicap, with that in mind I suspect I will shoot mid to high 70's, so 77-79

Out again tomorrow so we will see

Well I was right, I shot a 78 today

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I will have time to get through 18 but since it's not for sure, I'm going to predict the front nine with a 39. Feeling good today!

Ok here goes. I haven't eaten breakfast. I'm about to make the hour drive to a course I have never played (I thought I played it once about 5 years ago, but I was mistaken)

The weather is perfect. Currently 59° with a hight of 74° no considerable wind in the forecast.

I'm a bit sore in my shoulders and legs from wresting with a toddler all day yesterday, and I plan to do some drinking on the course.

My guess:

43 on the front with 16 putts
40 on the back with 17 putts

I shall throw up a 75 today

It's steamy out there today, so I grabbed a late tee time. 88-92 would be nice. We'll see.

Going to my old reliable today as I am playing Southern Dunes for the 6th week in a row. This is the last of my 6-pack rounds but i will purchase another one next week.

So I just looked at the tee sheet and all the times before me are wide open so it looks like I may be able to play pretty quick which is good since the high in Maricopa today looks to be 110. I would venture to say I will shoot 82 with the goal to be 78.
83 today. Played in just over 2 hrs. 4 groups let me play thru.

Playing a league round tomorrow at Swaneset Resort course. It has rained all week, will rain tomorrow and we need to play the ball down - ugh. Swing feels ok right now, but I'm a little loose off the tee lately and the course won't allow that at all.
I predict a 44/40 84.

I'm going to the local course I hate, never score well on, and haven't been to this year.. because I hate it, in the morning. Putts refuse to fall there, so I'm guessing 72.

I was on a trend of lower scores and then have not played well for a few weeks now. Playing tomorrow on a more challenging course. IDK. Maybe 83. I feel like I can shoot much lower but reality has not matched my feel. 83 sounds about right.

Ok here goes. I haven't eaten breakfast. I'm about to make the hour drive to a course I have never played (I thought I played it once about 5 years ago, but I was mistaken)

The weather is perfect. Currently 59° with a hight of 74° no considerable wind in the forecast.

I'm a bit sore in my shoulders and legs from wresting with a toddler all day yesterday, and I plan to do some drinking on the course.

My guess:

43 on the front with 16 putts
40 on the back with 17 putts
Ugh. What a crappy round. I couldn't get it going. Went 44/41

97. First time playing since October between winter covid19 and moving there hasn’t been much time to play until now.

I am going to guess 79, but will probably shoot an 82 today.

I'm going to the local course I hate, never score well on, and haven't been to this year.. because I hate it, in the morning. Putts refuse to fall there, so I'm guessing 72.
Well I missed by 6. The greens still suck there, but I played well enough for it not to matter AS much.

I didn't get a chance to post up my prediction this morning before heading to the course, but the number in my head was 86.

Making the turn I was hoping to be able to break 90 as my mental math told me I was 46 on the front. Luckily I played better on the back, posting 40 and when I actually added up the front it was only 44 so I managed to better my prediction.

I know have to do a bit of research on the new handicap system as I believe my score for HCP purposes will be 82 once I adjust for net doubles.

I am going to guess 79, but will probably shoot an 82 today.

I wasn't even close, I just couldn't get it going today. Hit my longest drive ever with no wind on the first hole, 331 yards, about the only good thing I can say about a round that included a 4 putt from 30 feet.

Ended up shooting 42/44 for an 86.

Playing a league round tomorrow at Swaneset Resort course. It has rained all week, will rain tomorrow and we need to play the ball down - ugh. Swing feels ok right now, but I'm a little loose off the tee lately and the course won't allow that at all.
I predict a 44/40 84.
Well I played some sloppy sloppy golf, but my short game and putting were good enough to salvage a 39/40 79. Very happy with that score!

I'm playing in a tournament at a course I love but don't shoot particularly good scores at tomorrow. I'd be really happy with a 78, especially if it's as windy as they say it's going to be.

We missed our round this morning for the sake of sprinkler repair, so now if we get out in a couple hours it's going to be 100 degrees with 40 mph winds, and my hands feel like they've been roofing for a month. I'm guessing not so good results. I'd buy 74 if someone was selling it.

Back to the same course I played in my last round two weeks ago. I’m predicting the same score of 89 with more volatile results. More pars, more doubles (hopefully a birdie or two!). Haven’t had time to do any full-swing sessions, but I’ve done some putting and chipping practice.
8E9591F3-6590-4031-92B5-C059552A6099.jpeg

Last edited:
Back