Votes: 4 11.4%
  • No zip

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

scott.french3

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I am thinking of getting a pullover/jacket for the cooler morning rounds of golf that provide warmth without bulk. Which style do you prefer? Comments or links to specific brands and styles are welcome.

They all serve a purpose.
Full zip for bad weather
1/4 zip if it's probably going on and off
No zip if it's staying on.

Not sure what a 1/2 zip is.

They all serve a purpose.
Full zip for bad weather
1/4 zip if it's probably going on and off
No zip if it's staying on.

Not sure what a 1/2 zip is.
Some brands describe theirs as 1/2 zip vs 1/4 zip. The zipper looks a bit longer. lol

I love full zips for rain/weather gear. Hate pulling that off over the head. Otherwise give me the 1/4 zip.

1/4 zip for the course, full zip for work

Full zip. I don't like having to pull my outerwear off over my head.

Always go for the full zip, and if it has the 2 way zip that is the ultimate. After that anything but mock neck.

I wear them all just depends on the weather. If it's chilly but not windy I like a zip hoodie. If it's going to get warmer as I play I like a 1/4 zip that I can take off at some point. If it's cool and windy I have a couple of thicker fleece type 1/4 zips I wear and I zip them all the way up. Sometimes I will wear a merino wool v-neck to.

1/4 zip over a golf shirt. I'll also wear a windproof full-zip vest in the early spring and late fall when the tee-off temps are below 45*. As an avid skier, most of my vests are brands such as Marmot, Helly Hansen, Arc'teryx, or Patagonia.

1/4 without sleeves is my go to here in the rainy PNW.

1/4 for everything.

1/4 zip. I try to avoid crew necks.

1/4 zip all the way.
If needed, a full zip vest over that.

1/4 zip convenient and comfortable

1/4 zip baby! Although I just picked up a full zip Adidas that I already love and will see a lot of use.

I'd actually like to pick up a nice sweater to wear on those chilly mornings. I'm a fan of that look.

1/4 zip most of the time. Once in a while the no zip is good too. I hate the 1/2 zip. It looks like the zipper goes down to my stomach.

Back