2 Children
Do you like bright, high sunshine?

Low sun (think mornings and evenings?)

Cloudy?

Partly Cloudy (more sun than clouds?)

Partly Sunny (more clouds than sun?)

Overcast?

Stormy?

I personally hate sunshine for just about everything. I never want to see a completely clear day. I think my preferred golf sky is cloudy. No direct sunlight, but blue skies and big puffy white clouds.

Clear, high and sunny. Few scattered clouds are fine too.

Really depends on the day for me. If it's winter then that sunshine will make a huge difference but if it's summer you don't want any sun at all. If I had to pick just one I'd probably go with mostly cloudy. I like a little sunshine but where I am you really get tired of nonstop sunny days month after month.

Low sun is definitely the worst when you are playing a hole directly into the sun

Other than that, I don't really mind how much sun/cloud there is

High sun with just a bit of hazy high clouds.

Any day that it's warm and sunny and the refreshment cart girl is cute looking. ;)

Warm, mostly sunny, and NOT windy. A little breeze is ok, but not windy.

I may be predisposed to sunburn, but I’ll take that high sun and cloudless sky any day!

Give me the sun and a few clouds. I love to see that blue sky whenever possible

I like playing in clear and sunny weather when it hasn't rain for 6 days

Sunny, calm, low humidity

I love the sun. That said any day I can get out and play is a good one.

Sunnier is better. Makes it much easier for me to track my ball.

Partly cloudy for during the day rounds but my favorite time to play is early morning or late evening so I guess my answer would be low sun

85 degrees, sunny, NO wind
that's my ideal day..

Partly for me -cloudy or sunny. Sun and clouds.

What are clouds?

I don't care as long as it's above 50.

Partly cloudy or sunny is good for me. Low sun, cloudy, and overcast give me lots of trouble with tracking ball flight.

Another take on this.
I did Lazik surgery way, way back ,circa 1990. Loved it for many years, but started having some difficulty see out to driver distance, couldn't follow the ball down.'
Went in thinking I needed update. Turns out I have cataracts. And in talking with Dr. it seems that those that have Lazik and spend more time outside (golfers) get early onset cataracts more often. I had numerous problems with my cataract surgery and now have fairly extreme sensitivity to gray hazy days. Have to wear sunglasses when others mostly would not.
That said, I like high sun, and my Maui Jims.

Bright, high sunshine or partly cloudy.

Back