Premier League 2010-11 Season (Spoilers)

I don't know, I think that fee for Bent is realistic actually. In the last 4 years only two players have scored more EPL goals then Bent (Rooney and Drogba) which I'd say is a fairly decent credential. He'll never make it at a giant club as he goes missing against the best defenses but anything outside the top 4 is well in his range.

It'll also be interesting to see if Chelsea snaps up Luiz, Kjaer or both which is also being punted about.

I curious about Chelsea, they´re having a weird season considering their usual standard - I wonder if Abramovic´s interest is waning? No Big signings in sight....

City looked pretty bad today against Aston Villa. They didn't have any urgency late in the game to get things going; it looked like they were the ones with the 1-0 lead. Probably the worst game I have seen by them all season.

Meanwhile, United looked hungry against Birmingham and hit them for 5. Berbatov bagging a hat trick!
:blob:

Blackburn are looking quite good, up to 7th, in fact if they keep up this form I can see them challenging a Europa League spot.

So Pool just signed Suarez and is now having to fend of Chelsea to keep Torres. Looks like Chelsea's bid for Luiz fell through as well and a new one for Kjaer is being launched today

So, deadline day insanity ensues

A: Torres is heading to Chelsea for gobs of money
B: Luiz is also heading to Chelsea for lots of money
C: Carroll is joining Suarez at Liverpool for lots of money
D: Liverpool is likely to sign Charlie from Blackpool before the day is out
E: Tottenham is throwing major money at big strikers who don't want to come (Rossi, Agureo, Forlan)
F: Santon from Inter is heading to Cessena
G: Benzema isn't going to Juve until the summer when Real get's Llorente instead
H: Looks like Contreao is also going to Real in the summer
I: Xisco is off of Newcastle's books with Deportivo La Coruna taking him permanetly
J: Tuncay's facebook antics gets him shipped off to Wolfsburg from Stoke
K: Martins is back in premier league with Birmingham
L: Ferdinand proves how dumb is he on twitter saying he's worth 100 mil in today's market on the level with Messi and Ronaldo

More to come...

So, deadline day insanity ensues

A: Torres is heading to Chelsea for gobs of money
B: Luiz is also heading to Chelsea for lots of money
C: Carroll is joining Suarez at Liverpool for lots of money
D: Liverpool is likely to sign Charlie from Blackpool before the day is out
E: Tottenham is throwing major money at big strikers who don't want to come (Rossi, Agureo, Forlan)
F: Santon from Inter is heading to Cessena
G: Benzema isn't going to Juve until the summer when Real get's Llorente instead
H: Looks like Contreao is also going to Real in the summer
I: Xisco is off of Newcastle's books with Deportivo La Coruna taking him permanetly
J: Tuncay's facebook antics gets him shipped off to Wolfsburg from Stoke
K: Martins is back in premier league with Birmingham
L: Ferdinand proves how dumb is he on twitter saying he's worth 100 mil in today's market on the level with Messi and Ronaldo

More to come...

Doesn't anyone want Jo? hahaha

Appearntly not.

There were offers for Jo and SWP but Man City refused to loan them, only sell and no one wants to pay them the 60k per week they're on a Man City.

Looks like Charlie won't be heading to Pool until the summer

Appearntly not.

There were offers for Jo and SWP but Man City refused to loan them, only sell and no one wants to pay them the 60k per week they're on a Man City.

Looks like Charlie won't be heading to Pool until the summer

Can't say I blame them, Jo is a total waste of a roster spot. Unless you like playing with 10 men the whole game.

I like Shaun Wright-Phillips, but he's not getting much playing time.

Holy cow, what a transfer closure!!!!

I´m chuffed over finally getting rid of Torres for 50 mil! I didn´t feel that way at first, but what a piece of good business!!! It´ll be interesting to see what Suarez and Carroll has to offer as strike-force. I think they´ll come good. Dalgliesh´s really got an eye for Geordie strikers.......(Shearer/Beardo)
Carrolls transfer fee? Madness!!! But they couldn´t really sell Torres and not replace him with something, could they. 35 mil for a 22 year old battering-ram could well be just the sort of thing we need, and Suarez looks tasty(Plus he´s Uruguayan - and they usually have insane fighting-spirit.)

Really sorry we didn´t make the Charlie Adam transfer though, he would have been perfect!

Things are really looking up at Anfield!!

I wish Torres all the best at Chelski, hopefully he won´t score too many goals against LFC.....

I think Torres going to Chelsea means Drogba's career as a force is winding down. He's 33 now so I don't think he's got many more 20+ goal seasons in him. Plus he wants to go back to Marsellie to retire.

What will be interesting is
A: Who Chelsea goes after to play right wing in the off season (if they stay at 4-3-3 team. If they go to a 4-4-2 they're idiots. Rameries is not a winger)
B: Who Liverpool gets to play right wing and left back for Pool, assuming Johnson moved up to left mid as he should

Just turned on the Birmingham City-Manchester City game. Seems that one of the officials got injured in pre-game warmups and is now the fourth official for the game. How funny.

Goal by Tevez, 3 minutes in. Nice feed by Silva.

Game's probably over now, I'm watching on DVR.

Looks like Micah Richards got a neck injury. He's been laying there for a good 6 minutes and they are taking him off on a stretcher.

2-1 City, helluva free kick by Kolarav. Richards to the hospital for observation for a head injury. He was out cold.

I think Torres going to Chelsea means Drogba's career as a force is winding down. He's 33 now so I don't think he's got many more 20+ goal seasons in him. Plus he wants to go back to Marsellie to retire.

What will be interesting is
A: Who Chelsea goes after to play right wing in the off season (if they stay at 4-3-3 team. If they go to a 4-4-2 they're idiots. Rameries is not a winger)
B: Who Liverpool gets to play right wing and left back for Pool, assuming Johnson moved up to left mid as he should

A: They probably have a pretty long shortlist for right wing, and midfield in general. The new Fifa rules kicks in next window which is probably why this window went so crazy.
B: Johnson will probably move in the summer to spain, maybe the reason Kelly is getting so much playing time on rightback? Comolli will probably sign some young french talents plus "Suso" will probably be included in the first squad. If you don´t know about Suso look him up on Youtube, reminds me somewhat of Silva/Messi when very young.

Hope Richards gets well soon, nasty hit he took.

A: They probably have a pretty long shortlist for right wing, and midfield in general. The new Fifa rules kicks in next window which is probably why this window went so crazy.
B: Johnson will probably move in the summer to spain, maybe the reason Kelly is getting so much playing time on rightback? Comolli will probably sign some young french talents plus "Suso" will probably be included in the first squad. If you don´t know about Suso look him up on Youtube, reminds me somewhat of Silva/Messi when very young.

Hope Richards gets well soon, nasty hit he took.

Yeah, pretty bad hit.

Birmingham scored a late penalty kick to grab a tie.

Thought I heard it mention that the new rules kicks in at the start of next season which would be after the last silly season. However this winter/summer transfer window is included in the first year of the new UEFA rules so we'll see. Frankly I'm still annoyed with the bias shown towards some countries with this ruling but whatever.

Smalls: Do you frequently PVR games and check them out later? I'll try to avoid any City talk before you've have a chance to take a look.

ST: We always record the games, usually because they are during the day and we are both working. We USUALLY watch them on the weekends or later that same day if nothing else is on.

Don't worry about not talking about it, I just avoid this thread if I have a game to watch!

Watching City-West Brom from this morning. Tevez scores a hat trick in 38 minutes. Happy birthday, Carlos!

Second half just underway.

Good for Carlos one his birthday with his family over from Argentina (what a sitter he missed from the feed off Barry near the end though)

Nice to see West Brom fight back a bit in the second half. They have the desire and most of the skills but they don't have that striker to convert their good chances. Even a Robbie Keane would have helped them quite a bit.

Meanwhile, what the fist happened to Arsenal today? Rippping game but with defense like that, you cannot call yourself a hopeful league winner.

McKillian: I have heard of Suso and he looks to be a good one. Lots of people gave Rafa a lot of stick but in 3 to 5 years when all the super talented kids he brought in hit the first team and count as home grown that man is going to have one wickedly smug grin on his face. I honestly think he should be put in charge of the youth team and youth recruits somewhere rather then a full manager.

Good first half, boring second half. City needs to put together 90 minutes of attacking. They mentioned before the game that it was indeed a neck injury Richards suffered. They didn't go into detail.

Still it was a good overall performance, 3 goals and a clean sheet by Hart (the 11th this season I think). Only Chelsea is allowing less goals than City so far this season.

Back