Premier League 2010-11 Season (Spoilers)

United finally loses their first game, 2-1 to last place Wolverhampton.

Absolutely gutted by Arsenal today. 4-0 and I was feeling great...... I won't be drinking a Newcastle for quite some time.

Absolutely gutted by Arsenal today. 4-0 and I was feeling great...... I won't be drinking a Newcastle for quite some time.

Two goals by Joey Barton, my wife liked him when he was on City. The draw was a good result for us.

If the Wolves can beat Man U I guess Liverpool could pull something off tomorrow.

Two goals by Joey Barton, my wife liked him when he was on City. The draw was a good result for us.

The draw was a good result for Arsenal playing defense like that. Haha

That would be sweet if they do! At least a draw, as long as Chelsea doesn't win.

Any week Chelsea doesn't get three points is a good week.

0-0 at half. I'll take it.

Wow I know I'm late and it's probably been mentioned in this thread but I can't believe Liverpool sold El Nino to Chelsea.

Two worst teams in football. Chelsea and Real Madrid. They are like the Yankees.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!! Nice control on that volley by Meireles.

Just what we needed! 1-0 Liverpool, 20 minutes left.

Liverpool needs to stay disciplined for 20 minutes.

Nice yellow card by Lucas.

Wow I know I'm late and it's probably been mentioned in this thread but I can't believe Liverpool sold El Nino to Chelsea.

Two worst teams in football. Chelsea and Real Madrid. They are like the Yankees.

Wow, really? Conviently left off Man U, Man City, Barca (half a pass), Inter and Tottenham off that list too eh. Arsenal only gets a pass because they steal their players so young.

El Nino told Liverpool to sell him a year and a half ago and they wouldn't. If I was him I would putt the boot to the club as well after a year and a half of sucking, bunglement and zero hope. Better for all that he moved on.

Meireles has really come on under Kenny. Sorry Woy, but he isn't a defensive mid and Raul and Kenny are showing you exactly what he can do.

Four more minutes to a good finish for City!

Wow, really? Conviently left off Man U, Man City, Barca (half a pass), Inter and Tottenham off that list too eh. Arsenal only gets a pass because they steal their players so young.

El Nino told Liverpool to sell him a year and a half ago and they wouldn't. If I was him I would putt the boot to the club as well after a year and a half of sucking, bunglement and zero hope. Better for all that he moved on.

Meireles has really come on under Kenny. Sorry Woy, but he isn't a defensive mid and Raul and Kenny are showing you exactly what he can do.

Hahaha I didn't feel like listing all the other clubs, but it's certainly more prevalent than just Chelsea and Real Madrid.

Great game! We needed a Chelsea loss.

1-0 Liverpool!!! That's a great start to the day.

United finally loses their first game, 2-1 to last place Wolverhampton.

I'm glad we got that out of the way, to be honest.
Now everybody (mostly non-united fans) can give over with the will they/won't they invincible season malarky. We haven't got out of third gear all season (except against Blackburn at Old Trafford) and still sitting pretty at the top of the league.

Wolves at Molineux are a tough side. they've beaten City and Chelsea on their patch so far this season, IIRC. They are better than their current league position.
that said, we has a clear penalty denied in the dying minutes. Wolves deserved the win though, we hardly came out of the dressing room, second half.

1-0 Liverpool!!! That's a great start to the day.

I was sure we "lost" the game when Maxi hit the crossbar from nearly inside the goal......One of those games I thought. Boy I´m glad to be wrong!

Nice game, very Benitez-esque tactics from Kenny. With the exception that the players really seems to WANT to play for Kenny. Don´t get me wrong I really like(d) Benitez, the man is a tactcal genius and a media-disaster.

He wants back in at LFC according to the newspapers in England, at this moment in time I can´t see any reason not to hand Kenny a real contract. If this rich wein of points continue I really think the owners will come out with a contract to help the club keeping momentum. Happy days!!!!

It´ll be hard for Carroll and Suarez to break into the squad now...

Di Matteo Sacked today, that´s a shame. I think he´s done ok so far this season. I think they´ve performed as expected, around the dropzone?

What´s your take on Di Matteo?

What´s your take on Di Matteo?

The only reason West Brom hasn't been propping the table all season. Like Kenny/Alex/Mourinho, players want and like to play for him. Unless they promote his assisstant for the rest of the season there's no way they aren't getting relegated. Even if they do and keep the same style, I don't see them staying up anyways.

Di Matteo needs to go to a mid sized club that's willing to take a chance. Given the time to enforce his ideas and bring in the proper players with a bit of flair and attitude the team could be a real winner. Mostly his issue is that he's not an immediate results guy and in the "what have you done for me lately" footie world, he doesn't get the chances he deserves.

Honestly the best place I would like to see him end up is Sevilla. He wants gorgeous, fast, attacking plan and has a good nose for a bargin. Sevilla's main problem is that the players haven't gelled with a manager since Ramos and it's showed. A couple seaons with them and they would be back to a force with an excellent youth team in the wings.

What's your guys take on the price of Carrol?

Totally silly but so was pretty much every transfer this window.

Carroll is going to be an interesting case. Does he have the talent? Certainly. He could easily be a fixture for Pool for 10 or 12 years. His problem is the same as Barton's. He needs someone to be the calm, settling influcence that can deflect pressure. Really he needs a Kenny, a Mourinho, a Mancini or their ilk as a manager with a Carrager/Gerrard/Nolan/Cambiasso as a team mate. If he has those, he'll do great. Lose any aspect and I think the mental side of the rat race surrounding the game will knacker him.

Having Suarez being a distraction will also probably help him as well.

What's your guys take on the price of Carrol?

I agree with Super Tuna. The price was way over the top - as it usually are when English players are involved. He´s a guaranteed success IF he doesn´t loose his head. Mind you its a big IF in his case.

Suarez will probably fit in well with the "new" pass and move style of Dalglish

Back