Premier League 2010-11 Season (Spoilers)

Yep with Torres, not sure how accurate it is but I have heard it from more than one person tonight

Less strikers Chelsea and more midfielders.

You already have Torres, you're getting Lukaku, Sturridge is coming back, Drogba probably has one more year at Chel to show Lukaku the ropes before he heads to Marsellie. You guys are set in forwards. You know what you can't do though? Get the ball to the blinking forwards. Chelsea use to have a wicked dangerous midfield. Now they're dangerous to the treatment table. You need wingers and an experienced play maker while Mac learns the ropes. Lampard is a super sub at this point, he can't play a full game all season. Half a seaon when you need a wily vet? Sure. But someone else is needed for the day in, day out of the Bolton's and Stoke's.

Further more, how about a manager before players are brought in that he doesn't want? Granted, that didn't stop the Torres transfer but still...

Rumours going round that Chelsea want Tevez. Would be a great partnership if true

I heard that too. They say he might like London better than Manchester. The thing with Tevez, while I really hope City keeps him, any team that gets him is going to have a chronic complainer. The same reason he was complaining when he left United, yet he goes to City? That was strange in itself. But will a team want to pony up 50 Million pounds for a guy they have to pay 250,000 a week for and in a year or two down the road, he will be complaining he wants to go home, to Italy, to wherever? That's the biggest reason I think that he hasn't moved nor committed to staying yet.

Also read City would help him be able to play for Boca Juniors if he sticks his contract out at City. I assume that means they will continue to pay him for a couple years after? Because Juniors can't afford Tevez unless he is willing to play for nothing there.

I heard that too. They say he might like London better than Manchester. The thing with Tevez, while I really hope City keeps him, any team that gets him is going to have a chronic complainer. The same reason he was complaining when he left United, yet he goes to City? That was strange in itself. But will a team want to pony up 50 Million pounds for a guy they have to pay 250,000 a week for and in a year or two down the road, he will be complaining he wants to go home, to Italy, to wherever? That's the biggest reason I think that he hasn't moved nor committed to staying yet.

Also read City would help him be able to play for Boca Juniors if he sticks his contract out at City. I assume that means they will continue to pay him for a couple years after? Because Juniors can't afford Tevez unless he is willing to play for nothing there.

That's the problem isn't it, although I don't think it is just Tevez. I thnk his agent has a big role to play in this. I would love for him to stay at City personally as would you :D

how have i managed to miss this thread for so long??
berba wont be at united next season he spat his dummy good and proper after the cl final i wouldnt be suprised to see rooney up front with young and chiccy play off him like the season rooney scored all his goals.
i have also heard drogba wont be at chelsea next season.
and finally im a everton fan so ill be sat with my head in my hands hoping we might buy someone but will probally end up selling all our players and bringing duncan ferguson out of retirement!

i have also heard drogba wont be at chelsea next season.

If he isn't at Chelsea, he'll be at Marseilles. He said he wants to finish his career where he started.

I honestly don't think Drogba will stay at Chelsea, especially if they sign another forward.

On Utd news front, rumours going around saying Vidic will leave (although he has denied this)

Just heard that Alexis Sanchez is almost a done deal for City, if true probably means that Tevez is on his way out

1) Chelsea have stepped up their efforts to sign Neymar by offering Santos around £30m for the striker, according to reports in Italy.
2) The Blues want to keep Sturridge and have put a £20m valuation on the 21-year-old in an attempt to deter possible suitors.
3) Manchester City have slapped a £4m price tag on 31-year-old striker Craig Bellamy, who cost the club £15m and has two years left on his contract.
4) Everton boss David Moyes fears he could lose playmaker Mikel Arteta, with Spanish side Valencia thought to be eyeing the 29-year-old.
5) Fulham striker Andrew Johnson has emerged as a transfer target for newly promoted QPR, with the Loftus Road club set to bid £3m for his services.
6) Blackpool boss Ian Holloway will hold talks this week with former Manchester United winger Bojan Djordjic, who was once tipped as Ryan Giggs's successor at Old Trafford.
7) Wenger is confident he can retain the services of 23-year-old midfielder Samir Nasri but is less certain that he can keep 24-year-old Cesc Fabregas at the Emirates.
8) Kolo Toure could still be ruled out for all of next season because of his failed drugs test, with sporting watchdogs to study whether the FA were too soft with the six-month ban given to him.

Alex McCleish has quit as manager of Birmingham, favourite for the Villa job now

Read this today. This is the site where I find all my TV times for games:

http://www.epltalk.com/should-carlos-tevez-and-cesc-fabregas-be-sold-this-summer-32292

Summer is the time when transfer speculation and analysis dominate the news. Almost all of the transfer speculation focus on the players going to new clubs. However, for managers, selling and releasing players is also important during off-season. Like other sports, managers sell or release players based on different obvious reasons. Some players were sold because they became too old, the money was too good to turn down or they didn’t fit the tactics anymore.

But there is another reason why certain players were shown the door: they need to go to improve or maintain team chemistry.

Whenever I read stories about Cesc Fabregas or Carlos Tevez, I always think: “It’s time to sell both of them”. Both are captains for their clubs yet they provide a lot of distractions for their team mates. Does anyone (especially Arsenal fans) wonder why Fabregas went to see the Spanish Grand Prix while his teammates were playing against Fulham? Do the Citizens fans feel disgusted every time Carlos Tevez says he’s not happy playing football and wants to quit soon? If the fans start to feel disgusted, you can imagine the feeling of the other players in the dressing room.

There are different “problem players’ in the dressing room and managers don’t need a lot of them to cause distractions to team and in some cases, could cost your job.

When a player’s heart is not with the team anymore, the player becomes useless for the team, regardless of their role. Granted, Fabregas and Tevez have performed quite admirably this season (especially Tevez) but their actions implied a “me first” attitude which could be detrimental to their teams. In this era, you can blame media for creating stories that certain players want to quit or are unhappy with their lives but when the same players frequently appear with the same story, then there must be something wrong with them. If you watched Eric Cantona’s performance in his last season, I bet that no one ever predicted that he was going to retire at the end of that year: there were no Tevez-like statements of “I’m disillusioned with football” although that was the real reason behind Cantona’s sudden and premature retirement.

When a manager decides that a player has started to challenge his authority, it’s always a good reason to sell him. Paul Ince was sold to Inter Milan when he started calling himself “The Guv’nor of Old Trafford”, Bayern Munich’s captain Mark van Bommel’s contract was terminated in January by Louis van Gaal because he challenged LVG’s authority. Fernando Morientes also was loaned out of Real Madrid after lashing out at Vicente del Bosque because he didn’t like playing in the “garbage minutes” and there’s another reason besides tactical why Craig Bellamy was sent to Cardiff on-loan instead of staying in Manchester to name just a few. Interestingly, Bellamy also managed to rile Graeme Souness when playing for Newcastle and Rafa Benitez while at Liverpool.

When a player creates frictions with his teammate, it could also be a good case for the manager to show him the door. Theoretically, you don’t need to be friends to work together (just ask Andy Cole and Teddy Sheringham) but if the player attacked his teammate with a golf club (Craig Bellamy) or reportedly sent harassing text messages to a very powerful teammate (Bellamy again), then the exit door would be shown by the manager. Ruud van Nistelrooy was let go not long after he reportedly mocked Cristiano Ronaldo by saying “Go to your daddy” (referring to assistant manager Carlos Queiroz) while Ronaldo’s dad just passed away several weeks earlier. But no famous player learned this lesson the hard way more than Roy Keane: the Manchester United then-captain was shown the door in two weeks after giving an interview with MUTV criticizing United’s younger players, Darren Fletcher and John O’Shea.

Despite the importance of selling these “trouble makers”, the process is not as easy as it looks because of the nature of this decision.

First, there is an importance of a particular player to a team. Take Fabregas and Tevez: will the manager be criticized for selling that particular player if the team fails next season? Can he find an adequate replacement? Alex Ferguson still regrets selling Jaap Stam to Lazio after Stam’s book mentioned the Neville brothers as “not world class defenders” and implied Fergie of illegally tapping him. The same consideration was probably behind Arsene Wenger ‘s decision not to show William Gallas the door, but merely stripped his captaincy after Gallas criticized his teammates in 2008 during an interview with AFP (Gallas was even offered a contract extension before ended up joining Tottenham in 2010).

Another reason involves cost and benefit of keeping against selling/releasing the players. Sometimes, things become a waiting game: the selling club wants to get rid of the troublemaker as soon as possible and the prospective buyer wants to wait until the seller budges. Sometimes, not many clubs can afford the players and selling the player could result in the player haunt his old club. Take Bellamy as example: Mancini refused to let him go to a certain Premiership club while none of the “permitted” clubs could afford to pay his salary that he eventually loaned to Cardiff with City paying certain portion of his wages. Another example is Samuel Eto’o: Barca was so anxious to offload him to Inter and he came back to haunt Barcelona.

So, Man City and Arsenal fans, should Tevez and Fabregas be let go this summer? Also for other club’s fans: are there any players you think should be shown the door because of the factors above? Share your opinions in the comments section below.

http://aggbot.com/link.php?id=13867733&r=tw&c=45

Manchester City remain in the mix for Udinese star Alexis Sanchez. The Sunday Mirror says City have made another move for red-hot Chile winger Sanchez after Barcelona failed to come up with the cash.

Sanchez looked certain to relocate to the Nou Camp when Barca made their move for the Udinese winger last month, prompting City to drop their interest. But when the European champions offered youngster Bojan Krkic as a makeweight in the deal, that opened the door for City to re-enter the bidding. City were unwilling to match Udinese’s initial £35million valuation of Sanchez.

But they are ready to do business now that the Italians have slashed £9m off their asking price.

Birmingham will block McCleish from speaking to any clubs, guess they are not too chuffed that he resigned via email

Steve McClaren appointed as Nottingham Forest manager a day after Billy Davies was sacked

Phil Jones has signed his contract to United. Up to £17m.

Could be a good future buy that. Get some training and help from Rio over the next couple of years and he could be a world class defender.

Liverpool are to hold talks with Charlie Adam later this week

Kevin Nolan is having a medical at West Ham, surprised to see he is dropping down a league

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/united-trump-barcelona-and-city-for-27m-chilean-ge

Manchester City and Barcelona have been trumped by Manchester United in the race for Alexis Sanchez’s signature, with chief executive David Gill flying to Barcelona to meet with Udinese negotiators, according to the Daily Mirror.

Sanchez reportedly favours a move to Manchester United over Barcelona or Manchester City, and while his representatives have met with all three clubs, they are keen to broker a deal with Gill to see Sanchez make the move to his preferred club.

Manchester City had sent representatives to Spain to try and make a bid worth more than United or Barca could afford, but with Sanchez’s wishes leaning towards a move to Old Trafford, Manchester United look to have beaten two of their biggest rivals to the 22-year-old's signature.

Sir Alex Ferguson reportedly sees Sanchez as a good replacement for Paul Scholes, and believes that Sanchez will be a perfect second signing behind England international youngster Phil Jones.

While Sanchez was considering a move to Barcelona, the forward sees Manchester United as able to offer more game time. United are also much more willing to pay the £27 million that Udinese are asking for the star, while the Spanish side have reportedly had problems with a limited transfer budget.

Manchester City will now be widening their search as they look to build a side capable of winning trophies next season.

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/united-trump-barcelona-and-city-for-27m-chilean-ge

Manchester City and Barcelona have been trumped by Manchester United in the race for Alexis Sanchez’s signature, with chief executive David Gill flying to Barcelona to meet with Udinese negotiators, according to the Daily Mirror.

Sanchez reportedly favours a move to Manchester United over Barcelona or Manchester City, and while his representatives have met with all three clubs, they are keen to broker a deal with Gill to see Sanchez make the move to his preferred club.

Manchester City had sent representatives to Spain to try and make a bid worth more than United or Barca could afford, but with Sanchez’s wishes leaning towards a move to Old Trafford, Manchester United look to have beaten two of their biggest rivals to the 22-year-old's signature.

Sir Alex Ferguson reportedly sees Sanchez as a good replacement for Paul Scholes, and believes that Sanchez will be a perfect second signing behind England international youngster Phil Jones.

While Sanchez was considering a move to Barcelona, the forward sees Manchester United as able to offer more game time. United are also much more willing to pay the £27 million that Udinese are asking for the star, while the Spanish side have reportedly had problems with a limited transfer budget.

Manchester City will now be widening their search as they look to build a side capable of winning trophies next season.

I'm hoping this comes true. From what I've read he's meant to be a pretty class player. If we can snap him up, Nasri and De Gea we're going to be a forced to be reckoned with next season!

I'm hoping this comes true. From what I've read he's meant to be a pretty class player. If we can snap him up, Nasri and De Gea we're going to be a forced to be reckoned with next season!

Sweet. That is quite the grab for Fergie. Can't wait to see him at Old Trafford.

I don't see Nasri at Utd next season myself.

There hasn't really been any big moves in the transfer market as of yet

It`s funny that an American started this thread, would not think that you guys like the ranking system on the premier league! ;) :D

It`s funny that an American started this thread, would not think that you guys like the ranking system on the premier league! ;) :D

I actually think it's a great system! The U.S. should consider something similar for our major sports.

Spurs have rejected a £22m bud from Chelsea for Modric

Back