Premier League 2010-11 Season (Spoilers)

Alex McCleish looks set to be appointed Villa manager in the next 24 hours

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/928519/patrick-vieira-heads-list-of-big-name-free-transfers?cc=5901

FULL RELEASED LIST

Arsenal
Thomas Cruise, Roarie Deacon, Mark Randall

Aston Villa
Durrell Berry, John Carew, Ellis Deeney, Calum Flanagan, Harry Forrester, Arsenio Halfhuid, Isaiah Osbourne, Robert Pires, Nigel Reo-Coker, Moustapha Salifou

Birmingham City
Marcus Bent, Lee Bowyer, Sebastian Larsson, James McFadden, Mitchell McPike, James O'Shea, Stuart Parnaby, Kevin Phillips, Daniel Preston, Luke Rowe, Robin Shroot, Maik Taylor

Blackburn Rovers
Jordan Bowen, Jason Brown, Zurab Khizanishvili, Benjani Mwaruwari, Michael Potts, Maceo Rigters

Blackpool
David Carney, Daniel Coid, Ishmel Demontagnac, Rob Edwards, Jason Euell, Marlon Harewood, Richard Kingson, Malaury Martin, Paul Rachubka, Andy Reid, Salaheddine Sbai

Bolton Wanderers
Tamir Cohen, Johan Elmander, Ricardo Gardner, Joey O'Brien, Jlloyd Samuel, Samuel Sheridan

Chelsea
Samuel Hutchinson, Carl Magnay, Danny Philliskirk, Jan Sebek, Michael Woods

Everton
Kieran Agard, Hope Akpan, Nathan Craig, Gerard Kinsella, Lee McArdle, Iain Turner

Fulham
Zoltan Gera, Eddie Johnson, Diomansy Kamara, John Pantsil, Matthew Saunders

Liverpool
Jason Banton, Deale Chamberlain, Douglas Cooper, Sean Highdale, Steven Irwin, Nikola Saric

Manchester City
Javier Garrido, Scott Kay, James Poole, Shaleum Logan, Andrew Tutte, Javan Vidal, Patrick Vieira, James Wood

Manchester United
Conor Devlin, Owen Hargreaves, Gary Neville, Paul Scholes, Edwin van der Sar

Newcastle United
Sol Campbell, Shefki Kuqi, Patrick McLaughlin

Stoke City
Abdoulaye Faye, Eidur Gudjohnsen, Ibrahima Sonko

Sunderland
Michael Kay, Nathan Luscombe, Daniel Madden, Robert Weir, Nathan Wilson, Mvoto Jean-Yves, Bolo Zenden

Tottenham Hotspur
Jonathan Woodgate

West Bromwich Albion
Giles Barnes, Marcus Haber, Dean Kiely, Abdoulaye Meite

West Ham United Anthony Edgar, Holmar Eyjolfsson, Daniel Gabbidon, Lars Jacobsen, Filip Modelski, Jonathan Spector, Adam Street, Matthew Upson

Wigan Athletic
Steven Caldwell, Daniel De Ridder, Joseph Holt, Jason Koumas, Thomas Lambert, Thomas Oakes, Francis Pollitt, Abian Serrano Davila

Wolverhampton Wanderers
Adriano Basso, Jody Craddock, John Dunleavy, Marcus Hahnemann, David Jones, Nathan Rooney

The release list also includes who has retired

The fixture lists are released today at 9am GMT time

Villa have appointed McCleish as manager. Not sure that was a good choice

First 3 weeks fixtures....

Opening weekend - Saturday 13 August

Blackburn v Wolves
Fulham v Aston Villa
Liverpool v Sunderland
Man City v Swansea
Newcastle v Arsenal
QPR v Bolton
Stoke v Chelsea
Tottenham v Everton
West Brom v Man Utd
Wigan v Norwich

Saturday 20 August

Arsenal v Liverpool
Aston Villa v Blackburn
Bolton v Man City
Chelsea v West Brom
Everton v QPR
Man Utd v Tottenham
Norwich v Stoke
Sunderland v Newcastle
Swansea v Wigan
Wolves v Fulham

Saturday 27 August

Aston Villa v Wolves
Blackburn v Everton
Chelsea v Norwich
Liverpool v Bolton
Man Utd v Arsenal
Newcastle v Fulham
Swansea v Sunderland
Tottenham v Man City
West Brom v Stoke
Wigan v QPR

Demba Ba has joined Newcastle from West Ham

I don't know anything about Samuel Eto. He scored 37 goals in 53 games last year for Inter, would this be a good deal? Is he physical enough for English soccer?

http://www.espnstar.com/football/serie-a/news/detail/item632564/Inter-eye-Eto'o-plus-cash-for-Tevez/

Inter eye Eto'o plus cash for Tevez

Inter Milan are planning to offer want-away striker Samuel Eto'o in a deal which could see Manchester City's Carlos Tevez move in the opposite direction. According to Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport, Inter president Massimo Moratti is planning to use Eto'o as a make-weight deal to prise the Argentinean striker to the San Siro.

The City top-scorer and captain has publicly stated his intention to leave Eastlands due to personal and family reasons. Over at Inter, Eto'o has recently expressed his desire to seek a fresh challenge abroad - preferably England.

"I am now 30 years old and it is very important for me to think about my future before I sign what could be my last contract," said the striker, who bagged 37 goals in all competitions last term.

"I have already shown that I have what it takes to play in Italy and I now have the idea of proving myself in England."

Meanwhile, Eto'o latest comments are likely to arouse the interest of several Barclays Premier League clubs, notably Chelsea and Arsenal. But given the Cameroonian's sizeable wages, it leaves City as favourites to secure his signature.

Last edited:
Mmmm Silva, Toure and Johnson feeding the passes to Eto'o sounds amazing...

Mmmm Silva, Toure and Johnson feeding the passes to Eto'o sounds amazing...

We've had a lot of awesome strikers come through the past few years. Robinho, Adebayor, Jo, etc., etc. All may have been good where they were but none of them did much with City. Of course the other positions are much improved than before, but Jo and Adebayor played last year and sucked it up. If this deal goes through, I hope this guy is better than those guys.

Eto'o is one of the best strikers in the game and has been for years. I'd say he's right there with Messi when it comes to quickest feet and keeping the ball on his feet through traffic. He's a stud and seems to still be fit enough to play his position day-in and day-out in the EPL. That would be a great signing by City.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eto'o is one of the best strikers in the game and has been for years. I'd say he's right there with Messi when it comes to quickest feet and keeping the ball on his feet through traffic. He's a stud and seems to still be fit enough to play his position day-in and day-out in the EPL. That would be a great signing by City.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i agree eto,o is a great striker but he goes missing for large parts of games. he hasnt got the work rate of tevez imho

I think Eto would be a great signing for City personally

Pretty certain that Tevez will leave, City have plenty of strikers and could easily change there formation to suit Eto.

i also think of crespo scored loads at milan and flopped badly over here. hope he proves me wrong

Can hardly compare Crespo to Etoo, Etoo´s way quicker than Crespo and much better with the ball at his feet. But then so was Torres and he Sucked bad this season......so I could be wrong.

I reads that City is not interested in him. They tried to get him a couple years ago and he hosed gthem then. Word is that they don't want to deal with trying to get him now. Plus I think they are still hoping for Sanchez, whether Tevez leaves or not.

Also read that City's proposal to Tevez is that he plays two more years and they let him go back to Argentina for free. The stipulation is that he has to go to Argentina, not anyplace else.

I have heard today that Tevez will commit his future to City

I reads that City is not interested in him. They tried to get him a couple years ago and he hosed gthem then. Word is that they don't want to deal with trying to get him now. Plus I think they are still hoping for Sanchez, whether Tevez leaves or not.

Fair enough but Sanchez isn't a striker, he's a play maker. Very much like Robben before he learned to shoot a couple of years ago IMO. Sanchez, Silva and Tevez as a free ranging forward line is pretty gnarly. Someone else other then Toure is going to have to show some goal scoring from midfield though to keep opponets honest if Mancini runs it as a 4-3-3.

Just been announced that Villas-Boas is set for the Chelsea post! Seem like this is quite a cert and I've heard from other sources that it's been going on for a couple of weeks.

What happened with Hiddink?

No idea, they have appointed Villas-Boas on a 3 year contract. Paid £13.2m to release him from his contract

Ashley Young has signed for Utd on a 5 year contract

Young should be a great fit at United.

Back