Premier League 2010-11 Season (Spoilers)

Sorry mate, I think the Gunners are out of the top 4 neat year, possibly out of the top 6 unless Wenger pulls a rabbit out of his hat. He's very stubborn in his ways and the team is revoltion from the inside. Fabregas is gone, Nasri lively is gone (Juve might stump up the money) and if both go, Walcott looks to be putting in a transfer request as well. Suddenly we're not talking about another CB and LB but a redone midfield and at least another high end striker. Gadis says they've got the money even if Wenger won't spend it but have they got that much? And more importantly even if they do, can the players gel after they arrive and who is willing to come to a club when all the stars bolt?

I think Wenger has a major job on his hands to stem the tide. It could easily blow up in his face if Nasri decideds to be just as stubborn

On the other hand, if he manages to keep Fabregas and only loses Nasri (who i think is going elsewhere regardless) then its not so bad. Ramsey and Wilshire are maturing nicely and both are good players. Vermaelen is back from injury and he looked a good CB before he was crocked. Still need a goalie though.

I think a lot depends on Fabregas. If he goes, the floodgates open.

The next 7-10 days are going to make or break Arsenals upcoming season.

On the other hand, if he manages to keep Fabregas and only loses Nasri (who i think is going elsewhere regardless) then its not so bad. Ramsey and Wilshire are maturing nicely and both are good players. Vermaelen is back from injury and he looked a good CB before he was crocked. Still need a goalie though.

I think a lot depends on Fabregas. If he goes, the floodgates open.

The next 7-10 days are going to make or break Arsenals upcoming season.

Fair enough but I'd say that Fabregas going is more likely then Nasri. His heart isn't in the team anymore and having him as Captain to try and connect him to the group didn't work last year (see Tevez as well). Assuming a bunch of quality signings come in, Nasri might be convinced to stay if they pony up the wages he wants.

Verm is an excellent CB, but they have no partner for him yet. I agree that they need a Samba or a Cahill. Neither are great defenders on their own in open play but both are good destroyers who help on set pieces. Plus it harks back to the Terry/Carvalho partnership that was the best in the Prem for a few years (no disrespect to Vidic and Ferdinand intended).

Really the list of needs is getting long.
A: Either a starter like Given or like Wiz develop and take your lumps and then get a new backup
B: Backup LB if you think Gibbs is ready
C: Starter CB
D: Backup CB
E: CDM
F: 2 proper wingers. Arshavin is not a winger, he's a CAM
G: 2 strikers, one a top level poacher while the other is a Cf who can be a WF as well (Gervinho fits well for that)

Liverpool have agreed a deal with Blackpool for Charlie Adam. Reported to be £9m

Discussions on Tevez, Nasri, Arsenal, Chelsea.

Arsenal have rejected Man Utd's bid for Samir Nasri. Man utd has turned its attention back to Wesley Snejder.

Tap tap taparoo

Mata didn´t show for a team photo-shoot, the manager refused to comment. I guess he´s on the move then....

Liverpool have agreed a deal with Blackpool for Charlie Adam. Reported to be £9m

I'm still not seeing this move at making a whole lot of sense.
Unless Aquilani is definitely not coming back, and more guys are on their way out, there's now a huge log jam in midfield.

I'm still not seeing this move at making a whole lot of sense.
Unless Aquilani is definitely not coming back, and more guys are on their way out, there's now a huge log jam in midfield.

Yepp, there´s a lot of midfielders at LFC now. I hope to god Joe Cole either get his act together or vanishes, He can hardly suck as much as he did last season - can he? Aqua-man, would be great if he came back and actually had the guts to get stuck in. He looked a bit afraid last time he was a LFC. Adam will be a good addition thou.

I don´t see LFC keeping both Aqua and Cole, If they want to lower the clubs payroll - getting rid of these two would probably help alot.

Yepp, there´s a lot of midfielders at LFC now. I hope to god Joe Cole either get his act together or vanishes, He can hardly suck as much as he did last season - can he? Aqua-man, would be great if he came back and actually had the guts to get stuck in. He looked a bit afraid last time he was a LFC. Adam will be a good addition thou.

I don´t see LFC keeping both Aqua and Cole, If they want to lower the clubs payroll - getting rid of these two would probably help alot.

Cole has to go.
He was terrible and didn't even show flashes, IMO.
If Aqua comes back, I have no doubt he'd flourish under Kenny.
He showed signs towards the end of '09-'10 so I think he'd be OK.
Dalglish won't stifle the midfielders like Rafa and Hodgson did.

Pretty excited for the prospects of LFC this season with Suarez and Andy up front.
Now they just need a proper Left Back and they'd be good to go.

Rumour is that Cole is being lined up by West Ham in a loan move

If you pay £2m for him, you've been had, imo.

7mil plus a player.

Honestly, I can't see the point of him unless they're going to reduce Gerrard's playing time this year

Well if the center midfield is strong and creative enough, chances are we´ll se Gerro on the right (He´ll probably be all over the pitch). Adam was a neat piece of business, for 7 mil he´s worth it. I´m more concerned with talks about 18 mil for Stewart Downing........He´s fun to watch but that´s about it IMO. A, well maybe Kenny and Comolli sees something in him I don´t (That´d be a shocker):act-up:

More speculations about Mata. Some argue the scheduled friendly between LFC and Valencia is a sign. Pretty slim if you ask me thou......

Anything over 12 for Downing is insane. A good player? Certainly. But he never shines on the bigger stages when given a chance. Things like the World Cup and more importantly for Liverpool, the Champion's league are slightly out of his grasp as a impact starter IMO. That being said, he'd be an excellent squad player but the 18 to 20 being bandied about for a squad player is just silly.

Time for some Arsenal News!!!

1) Wenger has launched £27million move for Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema in an attempt to offset the likely loss of Arsenal stars Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri.

2) Fabregas is close to a £34m move to Barcelona. Barca hope that by adding Maxwell in this deal it will get done by today. Barca have stated this is their final offer and they are willing to wait until the very last day and last minute of the transfer window to get this deal done.

3) Wenger will make one last bid to keep Nasri with the offer of a £100,000-a-week contract

4) Arsenal are expected to announce the £10.7m signing of Lille striker Gervinho today, but confirmation of the signing has been delayed by a small paperwork problem.

5) Wenger wants Baines to replace Clichy but laughed at Everton's £15m price tag.

6) Wenger is trying to work out a move to bring Thiago Motta to the Emirates.

Personally, I like what's happening right now, but I am curious about what happened to the Samba and Cahill rumors.

I'll also throw out some names that have been linked to a move to the Emirates this off-season.

1) Per Mertesacker
2) Yann M'Vila
3) Emilio Izaguirre
4) Moussa Sow
5) Gary Cahill
6) Yoann Gourcuff
7) Leighton Baines
8) Juan Mata
9) Eden Hazard (should have signed him last year, because I feel he has become priced out of the range Wenger will spend)

I'll also throw out some names that have been linked to a move to the Emirates this off-season.
1) Per Mertesacker - He's said a couple of times he doesn't want to leave Germany but he would be a fantastic signing for their backline. I'm not sure if he's enough muscle to Verm's silk though
2) Yann M'Vila - Same as Sow
3) Emilio Izaguirre - Same as Sow
4) Moussa Sow - Going to cost but would be a great signing. Maybe something in the 8 to 12 range
5) Gary Cahill - Again, english so twice the cost to value. I think he would make a great foil for Verm but isn't close to the 15-20 Bolton wants
6) Yoann Gourcuff - Even with a bad year he'd be pricy and Lyon is known for getting major dollars from the Prem league in transfer dealings. Will he stump the 20-25 they'll want? Doubt it.
7) Leighton Baines - English and thus twice the price to value ratio. Would be a good signing but I get they could get Sissoko from Lyon for that price
8) Juan Mata - Looks like they're in talks. This would be a very interesting signing
9) Eden Hazard - Way out of his price range. If he doesn't move and has a good Champ's league expect that cost to go up more. Unless he really has his heart set, I can't see him anywhere but Madrid with Zidane

I'm interested to see how soon Villa-Boas starts making changes at Chelsea. I think either this summer or next summer we're going to see a lot of Chelsea stalwarts being moved out

I'm interested to see how soon Villa-Boas starts making changes at Chelsea. I think either this summer or next summer we're going to see a lot of Chelsea stalwarts being moved out

Well judging by todays news, the'yre going to need a replacement for Essien. Reports that he has injured his knee again. Severity not known yet but his history with cruciate ligaments doesnt bode well.

I hope it isn't serious as he is a great player regardless of who he plays for, its good to watch quality.

Nasri in negotiations with City, Arsenal has according to sky italia accepted a bid around 25 mil...

Sunderland in for Aquilani, clubs reported in negotiations over a transfer.

£25m million for Nasri ? I'll take it. Supposedly once he gets back from their Asia tour this deal will go through. That and the money plus Maxwell from Barca for Fabs and I'm happy as long as Wenger goes out and spends it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wenger´s trying to highjack LFC´s bid for Downing and Enrique. Trying to entice them with Champleague. Oh, and he´s supposed to increase the bid for Downing to 20 mil.

Have to say it doesn´t sound like something Wenger would do imo. And I sure hope Comolli won´t put down 20 mil for downing.

Heh, did you guys see the report from Scholes drilling the English team players? I'm glad someone within the English camp finally stood up and said what they rest of the world has thought for the past 10 years or more.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/real-make-astonishing-offer-for-city-ace-tevez/166451-5-21.html

Real Madrid have offered Gonzalo Higuain or Karim Benzema to Manchester City as part of a stunning £ 50 million swoop for Carlos Tevez, Goal.com can reveal. The Spanish giants have opened tentative discussions with City over a possible swap deal, which includes £ 25m cash and one of the two big-name strikers moving to Eastlands. Real manager Jose Mourinho is a big admirer of Tevez and wants to reunite the Argentinian with his former Manchester United team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Wenger´s trying to highjack LFC´s bid for Downing and Enrique. Trying to entice them with Champleague. Oh, and he´s supposed to increase the bid for Downing to 20 mil.

Have to say it doesn´t sound like something Wenger would do imo. And I sure hope Comolli won´t put down 20 mil for downing.

I certainly hope not. He seems finally willing to spend and it would kill me to see him waste it.

That's interesting Real is willing to let Higuain go. I thought they really wanted him there.

Heh, did you guys see the report from Scholes drilling the English team players? I'm glad someone within the English camp finally stood up and said what they rest of the world has thought for the past 10 years or more.

Exactly.

Back