Premier League 2010-11 Season (Spoilers)

Obviously not league games, but here's some the games coming up over the next two weeks:

Wednesday, July 13:
■8am: Guangdon vs Liverpool, Fox Soccer Channel (also shown on replay on FOX Soccer Plus at 3pm)
■8pm: New England Revolution vs Manchester United, ESPN2/ESPN3.com/ESPN Deportes

Saturday, July 16:
■6am: Malaysian XI vs Liverpool, Fox Soccer Channel (also shown on replay on FOX Soccer Plus at 3pm)
■8pm: Club America vs Manchester City, Telefutura

Monday, July 18:
■10pm: Vancouver vs Manchester City, ESPN2/ESPN3.com/ESPN Deportes

Wednesday, July 20:
■10pm: Seattle Sounders vs Manchester United, Fox Soccer Channel

Thursday, July 21:
■8:30am: Malaysia XI vs Chelsea, Fox Soccer Channel (available on demand on FoxSoccer.tv after 11am)

All times Eastern.

Monday, July 18:
■10pm: Vancouver vs Manchester City, ESPN2/ESPN3.com/ESPN Deportes

Do you want me to get you any City swag while I'm at the game Smalls?

I don't think so, but I'll ask my wife if she wants anything! Have fun at the game.

Corinthians have made a bid of £35m for Tevez.

Haven't seen that being reported as of yet, they are considering it at the moment

City should take the 40 million offer from Corinthians. Anyone else who's going to outbid 40 million is a club that will be challenging in the CL, and some even the EPL too. Sell him to Corinthians and you don't have to worry about facing him. Funny how all the City fans were piling on Arsenal about letting Fabs go and to stop holding out for more money from Barca only to have a very similar situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

City should take the 40 million offer from Corinthians. Anyone else who's going to outbid 40 million is a club that will be challenging in the CL, and some even the EPL too. Sell him to Corinthians and you don't have to worry about facing him. Funny how all the City fans were piling on Arsenal about letting Fabs go and to stop holding out for more money from Barca only to have a very similar situation.

I wasn't. And it's 35 million (pounds). They might just take 40 million.

I wasn't. And it's 35 million (pounds). They might just take 40 million.

I was referring to the City fans that were vocal about it through blogs and newspaper articles. Also, you don't really seem to care or pay much attention to what any other squads besides Man City do, so I wouldn't expect you to be mentioning what's going on with other EPL squads and there's nothing wrong with that. The offer is 40 million Euros or 35 million Pounds, just depends on what article you're reading.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/12/manchester-city-reject-corinthians-bid-tevez

This is an interesting article on how Corinthians would be able to pay his weekly wages:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/jul/12/carlos-tevez-corinthians-manchester-city

Modric left with Tot's for their pre-season. I seriously doubt we will see him as a Chelsea player unless he starts scoring own goals in protest or something

Modric left with Tot's for their pre-season. I seriously doubt we will see him as a Chelsea player unless he starts scoring own goals in protest or something

Do you agree with the value the Spurs are putting on Modric? Redknapp said that 27 million pounds was a joke offer and it would be like putting in a 15 million pound offer in for Rooney. I'm not sure I agree with that, but it is Chelsea trying to buy a Spur that is key to their squad.

I'd say if it wasn't a market where Henderson is going to 20 Mil (12 at best) my max would 20, 22 if it's silly season for Modric. He's a great player but there are others out there who I think can do just as good of a job who were/are cheaper (Ozil, Moutinho, etc). Modric's cost goes up because it's Tottenham who are nothing if not good business men (Redknapp excluded. Levy is a money making genius), because Chelsea needs at least 2-3 good midfielders now that Essien is hurt and because the market is already stupid high.

Seriously, 16-20 mil for Henderson?
20 mil asking for Downing?
50 mil for Sanchez?

Baffling.

ManU should have waited to sell Ronadlo until this year, they could have gotten 120mil instead of 80.

Yeah Downing, Henderson, and Sanchez prices are absurd. What's Wenger whining about with City's sponsorship deal exactly? I know you'll be able to explain it better than reading a bunch of rubbish articles.

He things City are doing an end run around the Fair Play rules be creating the Eithad campus. Essentially the oil baron's are pumping a crap tone of money into the club that they can call revenue on their books and thus spend more then others thought they could.

Essentially they've sold the naming rights to the stadium and a bunch of the things are are being developed/going to be developed around the stadium will be owned by the club with the naming rights going to Eithad again so they can claim profits from selling the name and the service, etc, etc, etc.

Wenger's view is that teams should only get to count gate and merchandise rev towards fairplay (conviently after they moved into a much large stadium for larger gate revenue...). While I might agree with him in spirit I also think it's just City being smart business people. The way Fifa worded the requires means that revenue is revenue.

Where were the Fair Play Rules before City got money?

Where were the Fair Play Rules before City got money?

Plantini didn't care. However his dislike of English clubs is well known and now that they have all the billionare owners who are willing to spend it's now a problem. Certainly wasn't before with Barca and Madrid had the government funding them or anything...

Fulham have signed John Arne Riise

Wolves have signed Roger Johnson

QPR have signed Jay Bothryod

[video=youtube;d-IGlHyg9iU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-IGlHyg9iU[/video]

Amusing that he wants to leave Manchester partly because of the rain for Sao Paulo where it rains even more

Supposedly, he's already agreed to go, if the two teams can make a deal. But Corinthians says they aren't increasing their bid and City says they want 50 million.

Take the 35 and a player or something. How about 35 and Jucilei or something (I think Mancini would really like him. A CDM who's a rather good passer as the same time, a lot like Sandro at Spurs).

I read that Real has offered 25 and either Gonzalo Higuain or Karim Benzema for Tevez. Don't know anything about them nor whether City is even interested in either of them.

That's a better deal. Higuain with good service would be lethal though I wouldn't touch Benzema with a 10 foot polecat, assuming Grey can rustle one up

Yes! Konchesky Sold to Sven-Goran Eriksson´s team. Finally off-loaded the poor excuse for a left back!

Back