Premier League 2010-11 Season (Spoilers)

Yes! Konchesky Sold to Sven-Goran Eriksson´s team. Finally off-loaded the poor excuse for a left back!

Pool should have had to give them money to take him.

Looks like a 20ish bid for Downing has finally be accepted. I wonder if Pool is simply buying up all the midfielders so Chelsea can't have any.

Just saw this...very funny.

Copy of Luka Modric transfer request :) - not real and not intended to cause any offense

Z2P7G.jpg

Corinthians upped the offer to 40 million pounds for Tevez. Deal has to be done by July 20 (Brazil transfer window closes).

Last edited:
Juventus has made a reported offer of 45 million for Tevez.

Downing deal done. Will there be more transfers for comolli? There were some rumours yesterday that Higuain might go and a couple of EPL clubs interested, including LFC

Barcelona to save the nr 4 jersey for Fabregas, in case he want´s to "come home".

Tevez is off to Corinthians. Reportedly 50 mil.

Thou I have a feeling we haven´t heard the last word yet in this transfer saga.......

to be replaced by Aguero if my source is correct

That wouldn´t be a bad replacement...

I wish they could have figured a way to keep him. At least he's going back to South America, like he said he wanted to all along.

I haven't heard 50 million pounds though, I read their last offer was 39 million pounds plus what prize money they get for winning the title (I would guess in the next couple of years).

I wish they could have figured a way to keep him. At least he's going back to South America, like he said he wanted to all along.

I haven't heard 50 million pounds though, I read their last offer was 39 million pounds plus what prize money they get for winning the title (I would guess in the next couple of years).

Corinthians dont have a pot to piss in. City called their bluff and accepted the offer and now they're backing down saying they haven't agreed anything. I smell Kia Joorabchian (tevez advisor and rat) behind the Brazilian offer and I dont think its real.

I have heard that Aguero is definitely on the cards regardless.

I saw a little while ago that Corinthians said something about City changing the money amount in the final offer or something.

In other news, Shay Given is playing for Aston Villa next season on a five year deal. I'm glad, he was too good to ride the bench. And with Hart, that's all he would have done.

I though Kun wanted to go to Juve? Meh well.

Should be neat seeing City play tonight

Have fun. I'll be watching it on ESPN or ESPN2 (can't remember which). We'll be watching after Jacqui gets home from the course, probably not until 10:30 or so our time.

Is the pitch ok? I heard you guys got a lot of rain and the Saturday game was cancelled. Anyhow, have fun. *jealous :(

Is the pitch ok? I heard you guys got a lot of rain and the Saturday game was cancelled. Anyhow, have fun. *jealous :(

Seems to be today. This weekend was a nightmare for the rain and the field for the city game is a temp field (sod instead of the field grass we generally use) which caused problems. From what I've been told, the field engineer's rigged up some pretty sweet drainage and pump systems so we should be good to go. Guess we'll see.

Really, I'm only going to see if Silva plays. By far my fav player in the Prem, the guy is a wizard with the ball. I sort of wish City would pony up for Mata as well so Silva and Mata could run the flanks like in the good old Chelsea days when Robben and Duff scarred the fishcakes out of everyone.

Seems to be today. This weekend was a nightmare for the rain and the field for the city game is a temp field (sod instead of the field grass we generally use) which caused problems. From what I've been told, the field engineer's rigged up some pretty sweet drainage and pump systems so we should be good to go. Guess we'll see.

Really, I'm only going to see if Silva plays. By far my fav player in the Prem, the guy is a wizard with the ball. I sort of wish City would pony up for Mata as well so Silva and Mata could run the flanks like in the good old Chelsea days when Robben and Duff scarred the fishcakes out of everyone.

Silva didnt play Saturday night so you might be in luck but a lot depends on the pitch. He is a magician with the ball at feet.

Silva didnt play Saturday night so you might be in luck but a lot depends on the pitch. He is a magician with the ball at feet.

No Silva and I'm going home heh.

I do love that Man City is coming to this footy mad town and hope that other teams follow suit in the coming years.

Guess Tuna is coming home! No Silva.

But Adam Johnson is playing. I like Adam, when he and Silva are out there together, they are a different team.

Just watching the pre-game. We'll watch the game after a while.

I stayed anyways but remained miffed. Interesting game. Caps didn't play that poorly, actually. They just couldn't finish their chances which is the story of their whole season in the MLS. They must have the worst chance to conversion rate in the league by far.

Looks like Toure took a bit of a knock there which sucks.

Wright-Phillips is certainly looking like he's in good spirits and form to start the season, though I seem to recall he does this every year.

Aston Villa sign Shay Given from City
Arsenal have apparently started negotiations with Barcelona over the sale of Fabregas

Any reason Man City are wearing AC Milan ripoffs and Man U's new away kit is a Inter Milan ripoff?

Aston Villa sign Shay Given from City
Arsenal have apparently started negotiations with Barcelona over the sale of Fabregas

The Fabregas saga will never end........But If it does, they´re welcome to buy Joe Cole - just saying.......

Goalkeeper scores a goal.

This is from West Brom's U.S. Tour a few days ago.

Corinthians dont have a pot to piss in. City called their bluff and accepted the offer and now they're backing down saying they haven't agreed anything. I smell Kia Joorabchian (tevez advisor and rat) behind the Brazilian offer and I dont think its real.

I have heard that Aguero is definitely on the cards regardless.

Saw that Corinthians backed out of the deal. They don't want to make any payment until next July? Funny how they offer 40 million but don't want to even pay anything for a year.

New to the forum and just found this thread!

I'm an Aston Villa season ticket holder. Go to most away games as well. Had a strange pre-season so far, new manager, sold 2 of our best players and released another 10. Only brought in one (Shay Given - good signing). N'Zogbia from Wigan is apparently our next target but they want £10m which is expensive IMO but they know we have the funds!

Excited to get the season started and with our current squad would be pleased with a top half finish!!!

Back