Premier League 2010-11 Season (Spoilers)

New to the forum and just found this thread!

I'm an Aston Villa season ticket holder. Go to most away games as well. Had a strange pre-season so far, new manager, sold 2 of our best players and released another 10. Only brought in one (Shay Given - good signing). N'Zogbia from Wigan is apparently our next target but they want £10m which is expensive IMO but they know we have the funds!

Excited to get the season started and with our current squad would be pleased with a top half finish!!!

I dont see the hold back on N'Zogbia. You got 20M for Downing. So look at like a trade....you get NZogbia and 10M for Downing. Good deal in my eyes, i rate NZogbia.

What do you make of McLeish? Good idea or bad?

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Future-News-Tevez-says-he-never-wanted-to-leave?urn=sow-wp3531

Future News: Tevez says he never wanted to leave Man City anyway

With the collapse of his £40 million return to Corinthians and the possibility of being forced to remain with Manchester City, Carlos Tevez has sensationally announced that he never wanted to leave the club in the first place.

"It was all a misunderstanding. I love Manchester," he told reporters at a press conference near his home in Argentina, forcing a smile and laughing awkwardly.

Despite compromises made by Man City, Corinthians were unable to shatter their current transfer record of £9.4 million from when they first signed Tevez in 2004 to reacquire the Argentine striker. Since no other firm offers have been made, Tevez now faces another season in the city he has disparaged in the recent months.

When asked about the time he said Manchester "has nothing," Tevez replied: "I didn't say that. It was a demon who lives inside my mouth who said that. But he's gone now, so let's not talk about him. I love Manchester. Parts of it. Well, there's a KFC there that I don't totally hate."

On the subject of wanting to play closer to his family in Argentina, he again denied his previous statements, saying "I don't want to be closer to my family at all. I actually don't like them. I make no secret of this. They smell like onions."

With time left in the summer transfer window, Tevez is making it clear that he is still very willing to consider other destinations, though.

"I am not lying about how much I love Manchester at all, but I am still very excited about the possibility of playing for and eventually demanding a move away from a new club. As a footballer, you are always looking for new challenges."

Spoiler
The above is just a humorus, fake article.

Had some issues arise that have kept me from really doing anything lately, but it seems not much has changed in that time. Tevez and Fabs are still not sold. Benzema still at Real. Sneijder still at Inter. Starting to bore me. I'm ready to see some big moves already. Certainly not liking what Wenger has done so far. He better make some big moves or he'll be out after another season with no hardware.

Ronaldo just went hatttrick against Chivas. Not a fan of his really, but I'm a fan of beautiful football and he can certainly provide that everytime he has the ball at his feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His goal against Galaxy was just astonishing. Made it look like he was playing against 5 year olds.

TV Schedule for the rest of the month:

Saturday, July 23:
■5pm: Chicago Fire vs Manchester United, ESPN2/ESPN3.com/ESPN Deportes
■7:30pm: DC United vs Everton, Fox Soccer Channel

Sunday, July 24:
■6:30am: Thailand All Stars vs Chelsea, Fox Soccer Channel (available on demand on FoxSoccer.tv after 9am)
■4pm: LA Galaxy vs Manchester City, ESPN2/ESPN3.com/ESPN Deportes

Wednesday, July 27:
■6am: Aston Villa v Blackburn (Barclay’s Asia Trophy), Fox Soccer Channel (available on demand on FoxSoccer.tv after 8am)
■8:30am: Kitchee vs Chelsea (Barclay’s Asia Trophy), Fox Soccer Channel (available on demand on FoxSoccer.tv after 10:30am)
■8:30pm: MLS All-Star team vs Manchester United, ESPN2/Galavision

Saturday, July 30:
■6am: Aston Villa or Blackburn vs Chelsea or Kitchee (Barclay’s Asia Trophy, Third Place Final), Fox Soccer Channel (available on demand on FoxSoccer.tv after 8am)
■8am: League of Ireland Select v Manchester City, Fox Soccer Plus and FoxSoccer.tv (shown on delay on Fox Soccer Channel at 1:30pm)
■8:30am: Aston Villa or Blackburn vs Chelsea or Kitchee (Barclay’s Asia Trophy, Final), Fox Soccer Channel (available on demand on FoxSoccer.tv after 10:30 am)
■7pm: Barcelona vs Manchester United, ESPN2/ESPN3.com/ESPN Deportes

Sunday, July 31:
■10:30am: Inter Milan vs Manchester City, Fox Soccer Plus and FoxSoccer.tv (shown on delay on Fox Soccer Channel at 1:30pm)
■11am: Arsenal vs New York Red Bulls, Fox Soccer Channel

All times Eastern.

Watching the City-LA Galaxy game. Clichy was out on his feet with a head to head hit. And they are sending him back in. Crazy thing to do in an exhibition game.

Balotelli is an ass. Had a sure goal, then turned around and kicked it backwards. And Missed. Whether he made it or not, is was still a showboating assinine play. He scores a lot of goals, but he really needs to go.

Mancini immediately takes him off and then he just walks by and ignores the coach. What an ass.

When he came off he was booed by everyone, even the City fans.

Guess he didn't exactly ignore the coach. He tried to show him up first, then walked away.

No wonder Mancini was mad with him, what a fool

Wouldn't be surprised to see him leave City to be honest, appears to be very disruptive

He's such a tool. Then he tried to say he thought he was offsides and that's why he did it. Hahahaha. They should just let him go back to Italy.

I dont see the hold back on N'Zogbia. You got 20M for Downing. So look at like a trade....you get NZogbia and 10M for Downing. Good deal in my eyes, i rate NZogbia.

What do you make of McLeish? Good idea or bad?

The hold back on N'Zogbia is entirely our fault. We knew Downining wanted out, so I don't understand why we didn't make sure we had a replacement in BEFORE we sold him. As a result, every time we try to buy a player, clubs know that we have cash so can hold out for more money than a player is actually worth! What has held the deal back further is that McLeish actually had agreed a fee of £9m for CNZ when he was at Birmingham 12 months ago but the deal broke down due to personal terms. So with one year less on his contract since that fee, he has now valued £1m HIGHER?! Doesn't make economic sense - but of course they know we have cash so can hold out. That's what you get when your CEO is a Cambridge History graduate with no football-knowledge...

Regardless, it seems they have come to come an agreement in the past few hours and agreed a fee of £9.5m. I'm looking forward to signing him and seeing how he links up with Bent and seeing if he can get the best out of Ireland!

As for McLeish, he was possibly bottom of my list of candidates for the job - managing our hated local rivals who he has relegated twice isn't exactly an enticing resume! However, we are undergoing a reduction in our wage bill. Randy Lerner spent a lot of money when O'Neill was in charge and is now trying to recoup some of that back (possibly before selling the club - only time will tell...). As a result McLeish was a good choice for him as he can manage clubs on a shoestring budget whilst still attaining some success (e.g. B'ham's Carling Cup). And I must say he has gone about his business very well since he has been here, brought in Given for 3.5 (STEAL!) and now hopefully N'Zogbia for less than half of what we sold downing for!

I can safely say we won't be top 6 this season but 7th-10th finish and maybe a cup run should be deemed a success. However, if we take a few injuries and start poorly, there could be a revolt by the fan's before the end of 2011!!! (Many were very unhappy at his appointment)

Either way, I'm excited for the season and am hoping we will have better fortune than last year!!!

The hold back on N'Zogbia is entirely our fault. We knew Downining wanted out, so I don't understand why we didn't make sure we had a replacement in BEFORE we sold him. As a result, every time we try to buy a player, clubs know that we have cash so can hold out for more money than a player is actually worth! What has held the deal back further is that McLeish actually had agreed a fee of £9m for CNZ when he was at Birmingham 12 months ago but the deal broke down due to personal terms. So with one year less on his contract since that fee, he has now valued £1m HIGHER?! Doesn't make economic sense - but of course they know we have cash so can hold out. That's what you get when your CEO is a Cambridge History graduate with no football-knowledge...

Regardless, it seems they have come to come an agreement in the past few hours and agreed a fee of £9.5m. I'm looking forward to signing him and seeing how he links up with Bent and seeing if he can get the best out of Ireland!

As for McLeish, he was possibly bottom of my list of candidates for the job - managing our hated local rivals who he has relegated twice isn't exactly an enticing resume! However, we are undergoing a reduction in our wage bill. Randy Lerner spent a lot of money when O'Neill was in charge and is now trying to recoup some of that back (possibly before selling the club - only time will tell...). As a result McLeish was a good choice for him as he can manage clubs on a shoestring budget whilst still attaining some success (e.g. B'ham's Carling Cup). And I must say he has gone about his business very well since he has been here, brought in Given for 3.5 (STEAL!) and now hopefully N'Zogbia for less than half of what we sold downing for!

I can safely say we won't be top 6 this season but 7th-10th finish and maybe a cup run should be deemed a success. However, if we take a few injuries and start poorly, there could be a revolt by the fan's before the end of 2011!!! (Many were very unhappy at his appointment)

Either way, I'm excited for the season and am hoping we will have better fortune than last year!!!

Agent McLeish! ;)

If Steven Ireland can get his head together he has the ability to be a 20M player. For the one year at City where he had the concentration and desire, he was excellent. Then he lost focus again. He can make a huge impression on your team. Just need to sort his head out.

Rumours are that City will sign Arguero by the end of the week

Mancini has said that both he and Tevez are fit enough to play in the Charity Shield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk because I am away from my Mac

Wenger is driving me mad. I guess I'll give a little run down of my thoughts and what I've heard he's thinking of doing.

1) He's trying to make Barca give less money, but throw in Thiago Alcantara for Cesc. I don't see Barca doing that, so this saga goes on.

2) He's going to keep Nasri and let him leave for free after this season. Doesn't make sense to me. I'd prefer to sell him and use that money for signings.

3) He's supposed to put in offers for Mata and Santo Carzola shortly. I would love these two signings.

4) What happened to signing two tough EPL ready CBs and moving Verm to LB???

5) My dream move is selling Cesc and using that money to replace him with Gourcuff.

Hopefully he starts making some moves, because the season is almost upon us (thank god). I tried to watch MLS matches, but they are rubbish and I think I have every match they keep replaying on my soccer channels memorized. Haha

Only a couple of more weeks until some real footy! It will be interesting to follow the next couple of weeks in the transfermarket. LFC needs to offload players, Chelsea is unusually quiet and Wenger is, well - Wenger.

City already has problems again with Balotelli, there´s just no sense in this guy - what a waste of talent!

Hahaha. Exactly right. Wenger is.... Wenger. He's pissing me off.

He should have an own T-shirt: Wenger: "Pissing gunner-fans off since XXXX" Or something simillar......heh

Hahaha. Pissing Everyone Off Since XXXX. His own players, other squads players, his own fans, other fans, and other managers. Haha

If he brings in Mata, Carzola, and gets some tough CBs I'll change my tone. At least for a week or two. Haha

Looks like no Carzola for the Gunners. He's agreed to join the Malaga revolution for 22mil (euro's) as he wanted to stay in Spain

Looks like no Carzola for the Gunners. He's agreed to join the Malaga revolution for 22mil (euro's) as he wanted to stay in Spain

Well that was a short lived dream. Haha

Aguero under going a medical at City

Really like Aguero. He´ll be fun to watch in the EPL.

Agent McLeish! ;)

If Steven Ireland can get his head together he has the ability to be a 20M player. For the one year at City where he had the concentration and desire, he was excellent. Then he lost focus again. He can make a huge impression on your team. Just need to sort his head out.

Haha!

Yeah I completely agree about Ireland! Excited to see how well he performs under AMC!

Back