Premier League 2010-11 Season (Spoilers)

City certainly is putting together quite a squad.

They´ll be fearsome if they ever get to play a couple of seasons without buying 10 new players every year. IMO they already have a strong enough squad, but they´re like Real Madrid right now. No collective yet but lots of stars/egos. They´ll finish in the top 4 for sure.

I see a report that Chelsea is wanting to buy Adam Johnson. I hope not because I like the team when he plays and Chelsea is standing in the way as it is.

What's is City's payroll at after adding all these guys, plus Aguero, and keeping Tevez? Just curious if they're still ok with the Fair Play deal. I'm away from my computer now, but I'll check later if nobody is sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know. I still think the Fair Play rule is a joke though. It wasn't a big deal all those years until City started cutting in on the action.

I don't mind City buying up players at all, but I wish there was an enforced cap. City is certainly not the first in the EPL to spend like crazy, but I don't want it to end up like La Liga where you have a couple teams just outspending everyone and constantly the same two teams finishing one and two in the standings. Same reason I wish there was a salary cap in MLB. Even if there was a cap I have nothing to worry about because Wenger is a cheap son of a gun. On a side note, the complaining about some sort of cap didn't just start now because of City and their recent spending.

Oh, I am all for a salary cap too and I know it has been discussed/complained about for a long time. But the FFP is new and has nothing to do with a salary cap, just to break even. And that all has happened in the very recent past, as City started being able to buy the better players.

The funny thing is that now United, Chelsea and Liverpool could also be hurt by this as well. But you watch, just as NFL teams find a way to circumvent an actual salary cap, all of these teams will figure out a way to cicumvent the FFP. Arsenal is probably the only one of all those teams who are on the good side of it right now!

You're right about that. They'll have plenty of ways to get around FFP or any sort of cap in no time. On a positive note, at least it's bringing some more players to the EPL that will be great to watch play.

According to his twitter Aguero is now a City player

According to his twitter Aguero is now a City player

I saw that too, and now Inter is supposed to be stepping up talks of a one year loan with commitment to buy after the year on Tevez. That would be interesting.

Question: If Dzenko and Aguero hit it off and start rocking the league, how crazy do you think Bat's goes to get off the team and back to Milan (AC that is)?

Right now I'm thinking Chelsea and Arsenal are rounding out the bottom of the top 5. Gunners can score but they can't stop anyone. Chelsea can't get the ball from midfield to their eight thousand strikers.

Tots will be interesting depending on how Bale recovers from playing too much this year and if Modric gets sullen.

Question: If Dzenko and Aguero hit it off and start rocking the league, how crazy do you think Bat's goes to get off the team and back to Milan (AC that is)?
Right now I'm thinking Chelsea and Arsenal are rounding out the bottom of the top 5. Gunners can score but they can't stop anyone. Chelsea can't get the ball from midfield to their eight thousand strikers.

Tots will be interesting depending on how Bale recovers from playing too much this year and if Modric gets sullen.
Just saw that Roma is interested in Balotgelli for 20 million. I say City should jump on it if anyone wants to pay that much for a head case.

Jacqui decided she doesn't like Rory McIlroy anymore. He's a United fan. hahaha

Jacqui decided she doesn't like Rory McIlroy anymore. He's a United fan. hahaha

I knew there were something wrong with that guy......:D Well, I guess everyone can´t be Liverpool fans...

BLUE MOON, YOU SAW ME STANDING ALONE. WITHOUT A DREAM IN MY HEART, WITHOUT A LOVE OF MY OWN. BLUE MOON.

City going to win the Premier League next year.

EPL TV Schedule

Saturday, July 30:
6am: Aston Villa or Blackburn vs Chelsea or Kitchee (Barclay’s Asia Trophy, Third Place Final), Fox Soccer Channel (available on demand on FoxSoccer.tv after 8am)
8am: League of Ireland Select v Manchester City, Fox Soccer Plus and FoxSoccer.tv (shown on delay on Fox Soccer Channel at 1:30pm)
8:30am: Aston Villa or Blackburn vs Chelsea or Kitchee (Barclay’s Asia Trophy, Final), Fox Soccer Channel (available on demand on FoxSoccer.tv after 10:30 am)
7pm: Barcelona vs Manchester United, ESPN2/ESPN3.com/ESPN Deportes

Sunday, July 31:
10:30am: Inter Milan vs Manchester City, Fox Soccer Plus and FoxSoccer.tv (shown on delay on Fox Soccer Channel at 1:30pm)
11am: Arsenal vs New York Red Bulls, Fox Soccer Channel

Monday, August 1:
1pm: Valerenga vs Liverpool, Fox Soccer Channel

All times Eastern.

Steven Gerrard injured (again) and hospitalized with a bad infection in his thigh, the one he had surgery on. He´s reported out until september.

I smell something funny here, He had surgery and was doing well in recovery. Had a small setback making him miss out on preseason tour to asia and now this. Maybe that initial injury was worse than reported, for some reason??

I guess its a good thing midfield is overcrowded at the moment.....

Only a few minutes left in the City game vs AIR (on DVR). 3-0 right now, and the team sure looks like they are playing very well together. Funny thing is, the first team is all on the bench and has been most of the game.

City beats Inter 3-0 in the Dublin Cup. They've looked pretty good in these pre-season games. Hope it continues when the games count.

City beats Inter 3-0 in the Dublin Cup. They've looked pretty good in these pre-season games. Hope it continues when the games count.

Have to say I'm really looking forward to hearing "Silva to Aguero to the back of the net" quite a lot this season. Should be fun watching them work.

Back