Premier League 2010-11 Season (Spoilers)

Mancini thinks the hype is getting to Johnson's head/he never tracks back to help. The drinking on the side with Given isn't helping his case either

Lots of players need to go. Off the top of my head: Jo, Ade, Santa Cruz, Viera, Bridge, Lescott, Given, Johnson (michael) and SWP.

It was an OK game today. Johnson and Tevez started, Johnson scored the only goal. This was probably Tevez's worst game I have seen him play. Missed several easy goals and had a badly missed penalty kick. A win's a win though, and City and United are two points ahead of Arsenal. United has two games in hand and Arsenal one compared to City.

Just saw that Arsen Wenger, the manager of Ar$enal, wants a spending cap now! I guess only Ar$enal is allowed to spend more than anyone else!

City and Arsenal played to a 0-0 draw. Lots of action, just no goals. I am glad we have Joe Hart in goal though, he did get lucky a few times today though.

And Chelsea lost again. They need to turn it around fast.

Just saw that Arsen Wenger, the manager of Ar$enal, wants a spending cap now! I guess only Ar$enal is allowed to spend more than anyone else!
b

Actually, Arsene Wenger is probably one of the most "salary-sensible" managers around. He has really strong views on footy-star salaries being too high. And I don´t feel Arsenal are the heaviest spenders, they have invested a lot in youth players(Like all top clubs) but they rarely (compared to top 5 clubs) splash the cash around. If they were playing a different type of football they would probably spend more on marquee players, but its not the Arsene-way. His philosophy is very much like Barcelona with their academy-setup.

Rafa Benitez managed to start up the same setup in Liverpool before he was fired and I feel we´ll be seeing some nice talent from that academy in a couple of years time. But nothing great will ever happen as long as Roy Hodgson is at the helm. I´m afraid its time to let him go before he ruins the club completely. I´m so incredible frustrated at the way they are playing at the moment I´ve actually missed a couple of games on purpose - I just can´t stand to watch the misery. Going to try and watch the Man U game (Which hopefully will be Roy´s last as we´ll get thrashed by Man U). Sorry, I´m ranting but I´m so frustrated!!!!!!!!!

Arsenal as a club forces themselves to spend within their limits. With the club still paying off the stadium and all. ManUre operate under a massive debt (according to Arsene Wenger), and Wenger hates that clubs can get away with doing that.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

ManU does operate within a huge deficit. That's not Wenger talking, it's everyone. The team is about 700 million pounds in the hole because the Glazers leveraged the clubs value to make the purchase.

Arsnel does have quite a lot of debt but it's from the new stadium. The new stadium revenue plus their real estate ventures are paying back faster then expected already. Arsnel has a debt plan plus gobs of money. If they went to the board, the debt to the banks could be paid off in a day. Debt payments would then be paid back to the owners like Abromivich did at Chelsea but that's too much board room politics. Espcially when they want the crazy russian out.

Wenger is an economics guy. His degree is infact in the field so of course he wants little debt while levraging holdings and a salary structure. There's a reason why he's the only premiership manager other then Fergie that has direct say in the books and can alter to his taste. The guy is a money wizard. Mostly I just keep hoping he reinvested that money into players to help in the now.

Side note: I wonder if Roy is a bit worried. I know Rafa lives in Liverpool and all which is why he's there but if he could convince NESV that he could work with Comoli as a managing director he could slide right back in.

I´d love it if Rafa came back, but I don´t see it as feasible. Besides Rafa working with comolli - you´re joking?! Remember Rafa coined the expression " I asked for a lamp and got a sofa" while being at Valencia (referring to the purchase of John Carew) when the head of sports there bought a striker. Rafa wants total control of things concerning transfers.

If Rafa came back, and somehow got along with Comolli and Gerrard/Carragher/Torres then there´s the Brittish press......

He has a home on Merseyside and are enrolling his kids in school there. I´m more concerned if Rafa got a job at Man city or Chelski - that would really s*ck.

I always thought Arsenal spent way out of control like everyone else too. My mistake.

That said, I think it's great that City can finally compete financially with the Big 4. More for my wife than me, since she has been a fan since the late '60s.

I think it will spice up the Manchester derby alot. Manure have been dominant for such a long time. However, I´m curious as to how Man city fans feel about the neverending spending on new players?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS! Hodgson´s gone. Daglish´s caretaker for the remainder of the season. Could think of worse caretakers......

I hope he can bring back some optimism in the way LFC are playing, the season´s shot anyway - but an inspired finish would be great!

City beat Wolverhampton 4-3 to move into first place (at least until United plays tomorrow). They scored 4 straight goals (two by Tevez, who had his family there today), to go up 4-1. Gave up a penalty kick and one other goal late.

City beat Wolverhampton 4-3 to move into first place (at least until United plays tomorrow). They scored 4 straight goals (two by Tevez, who had his family there today), to go up 4-1. Gave up a penalty kick and one other goal late.

United draw with Spurs to regain top spot from the noisy neighbours :). Still with two games in hand though.
Rafael (whio marked Gareth Bale out of the game, excellent performance) was sent off by referee Mike Dean who obviously needs laser eye surgery.

The draw worked out well for City. (A loss would have been better, but at least they didn't win!)

United draw with Spurs to regain top spot from the noisy neighbours :). Still with two games in hand though.
Rafael (whio marked Gareth Bale out of the game, excellent performance) was sent off by referee Mike Dean who obviously needs laser eye surgery.

Agreed. However it makes up for Mr Webb and his "I love United and must give them a penalty shot every game" garbage recently

Meanwhile, good on West Brom. They had a bad run but didn't resort to route one garbage ball, they stuck to their guns and were rewarded with their first win in 7 games. Di Matteo is going to get snapped up at a large club if he can prove he can do this with higher end players.

Agree on your view of Di Matteo, I hope he gets a shot at a big club. Really liked him as a player.

Looks like Babel´s gone from LFC, hope they manage to get reinforcements.

Looks like Babel´s gone from LFC, hope they manage to get reinforcements.

I don't rate alot of the Liverpool squad as it is right now, but I don't think he'll really be missed.

It's an unfortunate (this coming from a United fan) truth that LFC needs new players in all but maybe 3-5 positions to have much of any sort of a chance to challenge for the title in the next few years...

It's not that Babel is a bad player but he doesn't fit the 4-4-1-1/4-5-1 that Pool seems to like. Despite his speed, he's not a winger. Better suited to a SS or a WF in a 4-3-3 as he'll drift in side a fair bit.

He definately needs to learn to time his runs better to create space for people around him though. Stop trying to dribble through 5 players then shoot. You end up looking like Hleb rather then Messi.

Germany is also an interesting choice for him. I figured Spain would have been a better fit despite his experience in the Ered and how close the style is to the Bund

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS! Hodgson´s gone. Daglish´s caretaker for the remainder of the season. Could think of worse caretakers......

I hope he can bring back some optimism in the way LFC are playing, the season´s shot anyway - but an inspired finish would be great!

I can see Liverpool having the same fate that Newcastle had a couple of seasons ago, drop of form and fire current manager for a washed up veteran that had success 20 years ago but hasn't done anything remarkable sinse. All leading to relegation.

City advances to Round 4 of the FA Cup, 4-2 over Leicester.

Still not sure what Jo does other than waste a roster spot.

Snazzy hair?

Speaking of transfers, Darren Bent has signed on with Villa for an amazing fee, believed to be in the region of 18 million.

Speaking of transfers, Darren Bent has signed on with Villa for an amazing fee, believed to be in the region of 18 million.

I think its actually higher and completely bonkers! I think he´s a decent striker, but no way he´s worth that kind of money. Hope he succeeds at Villa, they´re usually fun to watch.

Well, you know you´re in trouble when you find symphatie from a Man u Supporter.......;-)

The LFC squad needs an overhaul, but I don´t feel its that bad. Leftback and a good holding midfielder would be great. Looks like we´re getting a new forward to accompany Torres. I like the feel of these new owners, so far so good(Ownerwise).

And get off Dalgliesh´s back. He´ll have at least until end of season to try and repair Mr. Hodgsons mess......

I don't know, I think that fee for Bent is realistic actually. In the last 4 years only two players have scored more EPL goals then Bent (Rooney and Drogba) which I'd say is a fairly decent credential. He'll never make it at a giant club as he goes missing against the best defenses but anything outside the top 4 is well in his range.

It'll also be interesting to see if Chelsea snaps up Luiz, Kjaer or both which is also being punted about.

Back