Premium golf balls

So recently I upgraded from a Skytrak to a GC2 Launch Monitor and play Jack Nickolas Perfect Golf in the Online Golf Tour. We play scrambles all the time, and I was playing with a guy who has a -12 handicap (mines 13 online), he's good. He always knew how to land the ball, 10 feet past and backspin, before and run up, etc. Also if he'd rather be in the fairway or rough coming up to specific pins and how it would affect spin.
Anyways I buy some AAAAA used balls off ebay, but they are a model from a few years ago. He asks me what my backspin numbers are with my wedge, and they end up being half of what they should be. He suggests upgrading and trying a premium ball. So I went and bought a dozen tp5's, and voila my numbers are where they should be on spin. Actually spun one back to the pin last night. It is actually like night and day in ball control if you have an idea where you are trying to land it. I had no idea premium balls could make such a difference.

That being said, what would you consider a premium ball?
Here are a few I'm going to try and see what works the best numbers wise for me, as well as cost, and how long they last (for simulator purposes);
Titleist pro V1 & Pro V1x
Taylormade TP5 & TP5x
Callaway Chrome soft & Chrome Soft X
Srixon Z-Star & Z-Star XV
Bridgestone Tour BX and XS
Vice Golf Pro & Pro Plus
Snell MTB and MTB-X

Any others that should be on my list, or others you have found to work well on simulators?

First i would say be careful because premium doesn't equal $$$. I would say find a ball you like for your game. Is the driver important? if it is go get a low spin ball off the tee. do you need spin? then take that into equation.

For me when I think premium and I think Urethane. I also think that compression plays a big role into how much you will get out of a ball. That might be a little old school thinking, but a ball with too high of a compression at my swing speed would not benefit me.

First i would say be careful because premium doesn't equal $$$. I would say find a ball you like for your game. Is the driver important? if it is go get a low spin ball off the tee. do you need spin? then take that into equation.

For me when I think premium and I think Urethane. I also think that compression plays a big role into how much you will get out of a ball. That might be a little old school thinking, but a ball with too high of a compression at my swing speed would not benefit me.
Good things to consider. The search just got more complicated, lol.
Need to remember to keep records of my range sessions for each type when testing.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Back