Prescription Sunglasses for the Course

Bryndom

2023 Grandaddy X!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 15
What are your favorites? Right now I'm using some prescription Nike sunglasses, they fit well and covered much of my eyes. I'll be looking for some new options in the coming new year when my prescription gets updated... what do you use?

keeping an eye on this thread as my buddy suggested Bolle thru Costco. I have a tough time picking up the ball on cloudy days.

I use a set of Raybans that have decent side to side coverage. I used them for golf and for daily wear. About time for me to get new perscription as well coming up in February. Might change it up depending. Interested in what other people use.

I’m using Nike’s myself. There wasn’t much else that fit my head when I got my prescription last.

I have a pair of Oakleys. They are pretty good but very expensive. I am going the Costco route next time.

3 pairs of Oakley’s. I tend to get them at the end of the year to use up the money on my FSA account.
Over 400 is a ridiculous price, but they are quality shades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have prescription REKS that I use for golf and biking. Virtually unbreakable and good eye coverage.

I splurged for a set of prescription Oakleys a couple of years ago and since then I won't play without them. Best sunglasses I've ever had. It's like seeing the course in hi-def.

I have Oakleys with lenses from Revant. Their lenses are much less expensive than Oakley lenses and are good quality. I had the frames already so I didn’t have to shell out for them. Revant makes lenses for other frames as well.

Costa, grey tint, progressive, SWEET

Costco sunglasses in progressive . Don’t leave home without them

I've had 3 pairs of prescription golf sunglasses and never liked any of them when reading greens. Just could not pick up the contours or breaks in the greens well. Do you guys recommend a specific color lens for green reading? I've tried green and brown with no luck. Any suggestions?

Ok here is the question. I have a pair or maui jim prescription shades, 2 pair of non prescription, a pair of ray ban, and a pair of wrap arounds. I bounce from contacts or glasses. But here is the question. I have found that brown lenses give me the best vision for reading greens. I have brown, black, blue, and green tints on my glasses. Anyone else have a tint color preference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warby Parker. Looks like you got 4 locations in Houston. If you are as blind as a bat (like me) and prefer to try them at home at your leisure, you can have them send you 5 to try for 5 days for free. They even have an app where you can virtually try on specific pairs using your camera, that allowed me to narrow down my 5 then my wife helped with the yay or nay. Prices are great and I got them in the mail in about 7-10 BD.

I've been wanting to try the Prism color from Oakley for its specific golf tint... I've not used it ever though

I have Oakley frames with after market lenses from Revant. The Revant lenses are excellent and much less expensive than Oakley lenses.

keeping an eye on this thread as my buddy suggested Bolle thru Costco. I have a tough time picking up the ball on cloudy days.
make sure if you go Bolle ask them to use the v3 golf lenses. Reading greens is so much easier!

What are your favorites? Right now I'm using some prescription Nike sunglasses, they fit well and covered much of my eyes. I'll be looking for some new options in the coming new year when my prescription gets updated... what do you use?
I use my sunglasses from warby parker and they’re great. They’re incredible sharp

I have heard that you should not have polarized sunglasses for reading greens.
I gotta have my sunglasses with polarization. I can’t stand the squinting

I have a pair of Nike plastic prescription sunglasses that slide down my nose when I'm sweating so they don't work well.

I'm not sure I would want sunglasses on during my whole round either and wouldn't want to switch back and forth. I think I need some flip up sunglasses.

I've been wanting to try the Prism color from Oakley for its specific golf tint... I've not used it ever though
I have these in an Rx, and love them. Everything is enhanced and very clear.

I have these in an Rx, and love them. Everything is enhanced and very clear.
SO does Oakley make the prism lens for other than Oakley sunglass frames? I looked it up before but can't remember

Oakley Flak 2.0 with the Deep Blue polarized lenses.

SO does Oakley make the prism lens for other than Oakley sunglass frames? I looked it up before but can't remember
I don't remember. I will see if I can find out for you though.

I don't think they do. I think the Prizm lens is for Oakleys only.

Back