Presidents Cup and Ryder Cup combined?

vtnerf

Reaction score
Handicap
I understand the history of the Ryder Cup.
I understand the American bravado about having to take on the world in the Presidents Cup.
But why couldn't we combine these two events, and have three-way matches at the same time? Where I live we have 3 clubs in town, and we play a six-some, three teams of two, with matches between all teams. Makes for very interesting times. One team could be in trouble while the other is down the middle. A par on a hole could win a point in in match while losing a point in the other match. Makes you keep focus the entire time. The most intriguing part comes on the greens when one team's putt may be good by you but not the other team.

When they are separated, we don't get to see Jason Day vs Poulter, Schartzel vs McDowell. Make it a huge event every two years and let the best have at it.

Great idea, but way too much $$$ tied up between the 2 events and the respective organizations that run each event for them to ever come together and do something like that. PGA of America and the European Tour run the Ryder Cup, while the PGA Tour runs the President's Cup.

Ok, so I know the $$$$$ stands in the way of this occuring in reality, but wouldn't it be great to see the Euros face off against the rest of the world too? I think it would make for a blockbuster event, even if the teams were slimmed down to 6 a side and put on during as an exhibition around Christmas. I mean the Tavistock Cup is close...but imagine the matches.

Might make it a bit more competitive, Europe needs some stronger competition :D

(I'm joking, calm down ;) )

Back