President's Cup Captain's picks predictions

tgtt

Reaction score
Handicap
Couples: Stricker & Spieth

Price: Clark & Coetzee

Tiger will want Stricker and Couples will oblige (he is 11th so it's not a stretch) and Finchem will help push for Spieth.

Price stays with South African golfers.

A forum full of golf junkies and not a single person willing to play along? Too tough to guess before the current tourney is over???

I certainly hope he doesn't pick Stricker. The Ryder cup showed that there needs to be some variance in that pairing.

I'd like to see youth.

Spieth and Fowler. Or hell Peter Uilhein

Anyone who makes a lot of birdies would be an asset.

I certainly hope he doesn't pick Stricker. The Ryder cup showed that there needs to be some variance in that pairing.

I'd like to see youth.

Spieth and Fowler. Or hell Peter Uilhein

Anyone who makes a lot of birdies would be an asset.

I agree totally. That pairing needs broken up. If it's not Stricker then I think he goes DJ.

I agree totally. That pairing needs broken up. If it's not Stricker then I think he goes DJ.

I think I'd rather see DJ than Stricker, but the Tiger Woods factor might prove to be too influential on Couples.

Here is the current Top 15

RANK
THIS
WEEK
RANK
LAST
WEEK
PLAYERPOINTS
11Tiger Woods22,593,771
22Brandt Snedeker14,998,127
33Phil Mickelson14,880,474
44Matt Kuchar14,298,415
55Keegan Bradley10,482,684
66Jason Dufner10,415,972
77Bill Haas10,353,876
88Hunter Mahan9,712,188
910Webb Simpson9,137,636
109Zach Johnson9,078,762
1111Steve Stricker8,703,084
1212Dustin Johnson8,681,908
1313Jim Furyk8,579,663
1414Bubba Watson8,136,908
1515Billy Horschel6,956,635

Freddie either just goes with 11(Stricker)&12(DJ) or he could go with Spieth(26) or Furyk(13) in place of DJ, I think Striker is a lock

With 5 South Africans already on the international team, Price may be under some pressure to look elsewhere for his Captian's picks, but Clark & Coetzee sound like pretty decent choices.

I think Couples has a tough decision to make about Stricker - Tiger wants him there, presumably, and he is 11th in points, but the Ryder Cup performance has to be a huge concern. Spieth could be a bit controversial because he's 26th in points, but I'm not sure anyone ahead of him is clearly a better choice. Maybe Fowler, DJ, Buba, or Watney?

With 5 South Africans already on the international team, Price may be under some pressure to look elsewhere for his Captian's picks, but Clark & Coetzee sound like pretty decent choices.

I think Couples has a tough decision to make about Stricker - Tiger wants him there, presumably, and he is 11th in points, but the Ryder Cup performance has to be a huge concern. Spieth could be a bit controversial because he's 26th in points, but I'm not sure anyone ahead of him is clearly a better choice. Maybe Fowler, DJ, Buba, or Watney?

I don't think Watney has a chance.

I'd like to see youth.

I agree. We need to start giving the younger players experience in these types of matches, so when the Ryder Cup comes along, we have a team that is not composed of rookies or guys who have lost a bunch of times. IMO, we need to change the lineup and the entire approach, because it hasn't been working. So I would cross off Stricker and Furyk. I think I might even give Horschel a shot if he is playing well recently.

Will be firmer in my conviction after East Lake but right now I like the idea of Spieth & DJ. DJ had a solid Ryder Cup showing and deserves a chance to prove if he can be a long-term asset in the team comps. Spieth is worth the risk and could be the type of committed, fearless young player the US teams sorely need.

I would be good with DJ & horschel or streelman

Fowler has folded too many times this yr when he's been close. Bubba hasn't showed he's got the fire in him to me anyway this year.

Stricker & Furyk well we need to get their replacements some competitive reps in & this exhibition is a good way to do that.

I'm not sold on Speith yet, he has had a good run lately just not sure on him.

If Furyk gets picked, I riot. I remember not really being aware of Strick until that Ryder Cup and thinking to myself "this guy is one of the game's best putters?" If DJ has a good weekend, it might be him. Spieth may be lower on the list, but no one above him not already on the team has been hotter. Horschel is in the runner too I think. How about Kevin Streelman? He's having a career year and is my longshot pick.

On the international side, Clark is a pretty safe bet. I know he's at 10, but I just want to give a nod to DeLaet. I really like his game and he's having a pretty nice consistent year. And OP, how dare you skip over Thongchai Jaidee! Runner up in match play in Bulgaria and a solid year otherwise. I could see Leishman getting a look too.

i think we need to pick zach johnson him and dufner paired really good at ryder cup both won 3 matches not bad i

Yes, that pairing did work well in the Ryder Cup but ZJ has been iffy this season. I'd be more comfortable with DJ, Streelman, Horshel.

Stricker may not even want to play in the Presidents cup. He has played a very limited schedule.

I hope Speith gets picked. It would be great experience for someone that is likely going to be in the mix for the Ryder Cup next year.

Freddy may be more willing than others to rock the boat a bit.

Furyk and Horschel. I'm not saying I think Furyk is the best choice (I'd prefer DJ), but Stricker may not even want to play and they'll want a veteran.
Horschel's been good, and Speith is just a bit too far down the list for me.

DJ screwed the pooch in the last Presidents Cup, he ain't making it. Jordan would be a great add as well as SS, just too steady

DJ screwed the pooch in the last Presidents Cup, he ain't making it. Jordan would be a great add as well as SS, just too steady

But DJ did play well during the Ryder Cup, which is a larger stage...don't count him out just yet. I really do like Speith as a pick though.

But DJ did play well during the Ryder Cup, which is a larger stage...don't count him out just yet. I really do like Speith as a pick though.

He hasn't played well enough to be picked in my opinion.

He hasn't played well enough to be picked in my opinion.

I agree. Other than the win in Hawaii and a few really nice rounds early in a couple tourneys before he lost it I don't think he's done much this year.

I'm a DJ fan too, but the team comes first.

dj has been just as iffy and plus zach has 4 straight top tens including 2 majors and a wgc event

I'm on the Spieth bandwagon right now. Dude is really consistent and he brings some youthful excitement (for lack of a better term) to the team. At this point he is a better pick than Fowler, Bubba, etc. I'm not opposed to Stricker either. Why wouldn't you want a guy who is arguably the best putter on the planet on your side?

I'm on the Spieth bandwagon right now. Dude is really consistent and he brings some youthful excitement (for lack of a better term) to the team. At this point he is a better pick than Fowler, Bubba, etc. I'm not opposed to Stricker either. Why wouldn't you want a guy who is arguably the best putter on the planet on your side?

Agree with Speith.
Don't really mind Stricker but his and Tigers pairing could be split up for me.

Agree with Speith.
Don't really mind Stricker but his and Tigers pairing could be split up for me.

I will say one thing about Stricker. I don't think he should be put on the team simply because Tiger wants him there. If Tiger ever Captains one of these teams then he can make those decisions.

Back