Presidents Cup - who does TW pick?

I think he takes himself as a lock, and then goes Finau, Woodland, and Fowler. I think reed would have needed an auto pick to make it, as I just don't think personality wise he wants that on the team.

Woodland, Finau, Tiger, Reed...

Tiger wants to win more than anything else, and there's no question that Reed usually thrives in match play. This would also give him a chance to "redeem" himself in preparation for the next Ryder Cup.

I'd pick Woodland,Fowler and Finau without hesitation. I think they are good team players and have proven to be capable under pressure.

I think it would need a buddy for Reed to play and I would ask who he wants to play with (exclude Spieth) and ask the team who can survive five hours with him. Pamper him by asking him to look after a rookie, Woodland, who does not need looking after.

Tiger is crappy at match play in team events, let him rest and captain it.

How has Ricky Fowler proven capable under pressure?

Na, Finau, Woodland, and TW. How can he not pick himself, team chemistry guys, and players who can bomb it!

I’ll say it again, he’s a FOOL if he doesn’t pick himself. The coverage it would bring to the event would be massive.

He's no fool so he's picking himself. I'd go Woodland. He is a competitor and could get fired up.Plus he is playing well now. He runs hot and cold. Folwer has some of tha fire. I imagine he and Tiger have talked although I doubt Tiger is playing favorites this time around. I think Finau is a great guy and a hell of a player but I question the fire. Hope I am wrong.

How do you view the Captain’s picks? Next 4 in the points who are available to play? That seems to be a common thought with some talking heads and, to a lesser degree, here.

How much does current form effect that? Do you view the picks as the Captain’s way to pick guys further down the list who are now in good form or who are in pretty good form but are good team guys?

Woods, Woodland, Finau, Fowler

Patrick Reed can eff off.

Big Ern picked JDay, Hadwin, Niemann and Im.

There will be lots of disappointed golf fans in Oz if Tiger doesn't play. His latest win was awesome. To me it looked like he has finally worked out and mastered the transition from backswing to downswing with his present body.

I'll up the ante, he's a SCHMUCK if he doesn't pick himself.

I'll up the ante, he's a SCHMUCK if he doesn't pick himself.

Whoa whoa whoa, kids ears!!!! lol

So can I up the ante on your ante and say he's a dookie head if he doesn't pick himself?

Pretty shocked that Ricki didn’t get picked....curious if Rickie made the decision with his recent events.

Picked Reed. Ballsy move.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Tiger did the right thing... couldn't imagine Michael Jordan NOT picking himself in any sort of competition. My interest in the PC just went up to 11

Tiger did the right thing... couldn't imagine Michael Jordan NOT picking himself in any sort of competition. My interest in the PC just went up to 11

I think he takes himself as a lock, and then goes Finau, Woodland, and Fowler. I think reed would have needed an auto pick to make it, as I just don't think personality wise he wants that on the team.

Welp...almost got it.

Maybe he gets another Asst Captain to run things since he doesn't seem to want to devote 100% of his time to it...

Last edited:
Tiger going 3rd person on the pick was so great

Kinda surprised, but TV ratings are going to be very happy.

Back