Presidents Cup - who does TW pick?

Parrot

Down to the banana republics . . .
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Finau, Reed, Woodland, ?????

Does TW pick himself? Does his tournament responsibilities make that unlikely? Does he go against conventional wisdom and pick further down the points list for one or more players?

I would take Kisner as one pick. He is a bulldog in match play and based on the most recent Golf Digest survey very popular to play with.

Tiger loves him some ?.

let's hope he sticks to managing.....

Yeah I'd think he sticks to managing as well. Cameron champ? Finau and Fowler?

Tiger Woods is currently ranked #7 in the world, there is 0% chance he does not pick himself as playing captain (health permitting). I'd say the other 3 will be Woodland, Finau, and Reed.

Tiger's picks:

Himself
Finau
Woodland
Fowler
* if Koepka is not able to play I expect that Tiger will add his friend Charles Howell III to the team.

End of last week or over the weekend, I heard one of the talking heads on TV or radio say something to the effect of Fowler had let Tiger know he wanted to take more time off and didn't want to be picked. Don't know if it is true, rumored or nonsense.

End of last week or over the weekend, I heard one of the talking heads on TV or radio say something to the effect of Fowler had let Tiger know he wanted to take more time off and didn't want to be picked. Don't know if it is true, rumored or nonsense.

I could see that being true, he hasn't played competitively since August.

I'll go Woodland, Finau , Kisner, himself.

The more I think about it, the more I think he takes Kevin Na. I think he would pair well with Bryson.

Tiger's picks:

Himself
Finau
Woodland
Fowler
* if Koepka is not able to play I expect that Tiger will add his friend Charles Howell III to the team.

If Fowler does not want to play, and Koepka is unable to play, I expect Tiger's picks will be :

Himself
Finau
Woodland
Reavie
Howell III

I let him know I was out of commission as well, I think that took a lot of pressure off of him :rolleyes:.

Tiger, Woodland, Fowler & Finau.

I was hoping Kisner wouldn’t have s##t the bed yesterday after that strong start in round 4 as I think he might have had a strong chance. He still may get picked though as Finau hasn’t quite lit the tour on fire recently and I am not sure if Tiger wants to deal with Reed although he has been playing well lately.

Having given it far more consideration than needed, my picks are: Woodland, Kisner, Na and CH3, with TW naming himself as the alternate.

If he doesn't pick himself, he's a fool. The event NEEDS those ratings.

If he doesn't pick himself, he's a fool. The event NEEDS those ratings.

ratings and let's be honest, with picks being done so late it helps pick the guys who are hot....well I mean the dude did just win his 82 PGA Tour event right?

The Presidents Cup needs some sizzle to make it a must watch event. I thinks he needs to select himself. It helps that he just beat a pretty good field in Japan. So, it's not like he lacks form. Why can't he be the playing Captain. He has assistants so it's not like he is the only one.

The Presidents Cup needs some sizzle to make it a must watch event. I thinks he needs to select himself. It helps that he just beat a pretty good field in Japan. So, it's not like he lacks form. Why can't he be the playing Captain. He has assistants so it's not like he is the only one.

and the way the event sets up, he can easily play day 1 and day 2. Sit out day 3 where there are AM and PM matches, and play Sunday singles. It sets up differently than the RC and I feel makes the event the easier of the two to be a playing capt.

I think the question of Tiger needing to"rest himself" is nonsense. The Masters is played in April and between now and then I expect he will play at least four or five Tour events.

He's playing, no question about it. #Tiger

I had hopes that Spieth would creep into the conversation after his good start in Asia but appears he's still trying to figure out how to avoid those costly blow up holes.

Woodland,Finau,Fowler,Spieth and himself.

Himself
Na
Finau
Kiz

Na has been hot,
Finau is always "there" even though he doesn't win
And Kiz because... Well honestly I want to see Kiz fight a kangaroo. But he's also pretty good at match play

I want to watch Tiger play (and so does everyone else) in the Presidents Cup so I hope he picks himself.

I still don't think Tiger picks himself, but after his win the other week and being ranked in the top 10 now, he may get pressure from the advisers to be a playing captain. You know TV and just about every golf company involved wants Tiger to be a playing captain.

I still stand on my "he doesn't pick himself", but if Fowler doesn't want to play and if Koepa can't play. Well, he might just be almost forced to pick himself.

Back