Presidents Cup - who does TW pick?

Rickie likely hasn't worn pants let along swung a golf club since at least the 11th of October. Let's hope he gets in form quickly.

Rickie likely hasn't worn pants let along swung a golf club since at least the 11th of October. Let's hope he gets in form quickly.

I would assume he knew that he would likely be getting the call. I would think he is prepared. However, I don't like the fact that he hasn't had any competitive rounds recently.

I bet Rickie will be able to knock the rust off pretty quick. Especially with the infinity face!

Safe option. He'll get no heat for picking Rickie as he is universally liked. Even if he stinks.

Rickie was a friend pick. Na was the right pick. Or Kis even.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

So... what we now know is he did pick himself to play... and the in the latest move, since Keopka dropped out, Rickie Fowler has been added.

Agreed, hate the good ol boy picks. Wish they'd go with new guys who aren't used to losing Ryder Cups all the time.

Fowler is 11th in the President's Cup points standings. Kisner is 15th, Na is 22nd.

I'm a huge Rickie fan but I agree with this. Kid I believe has a pretty strong match play record and Na played some pretty darn good golf lately.

I would have rather seen Tiger pick Na over Fowler. Not totally against the pick, just don’t like that Rickie has been working on his ran over competitive golf.

Fowler is 11th in the President's Cup points standings. Kisner is 15th, Na is 22nd.

And? I like Rickie, but points doesn't make him the better pick.

And? I like Rickie, but points doesn't make him the better pick.

What makes any player 'the better pick'?
Every player in the top 50 of the points list can shoot 65 any day, at any course, so what difference does it make which one is chosen ?

Match Play Records:

Kisner - 14-5-2 Singles, 2-0-1 Team
Fowler - 12-8-4 Singles, 5-7-5 Team
Na - 8-10-1 Singles, 0-0-0 Team

I'm taking Fowler or Kis over Na every day and twice on Sunday. ;)

What makes any player 'the better pick'?
Every player in the top 50 of the points list can shoot 65 any day, at any course, so what difference does it make which one is chosen ?

I don't think one thing in particular makes someone a better pick. Every situation is different. I definitely don't think stats makes someone better. This time I just think someone else should've been picked. A gut feeling. Just do something different. I think it's one of the reasons we lose Ryder Cups - relationships and loyalties. Again, I like everything about Rickie, but it could've been cool to see some new blood.

Jason Day out due to back injury

I see Ben An is going to replace Day. Pretty good choice.

Rickie.....

DJ might not play in the President's Cup and next man up is probably Chez Reavie.

Back