Prior Generation Pro V1x

ljkelly2171

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 13.1
After taking many years off from the game, I started playing again a few months ago. As I have been working on/finding my swing, I have become a really high spin player. The last few rounds, I have played Pro v1x balls from I believe 2012/2013. I absolutely love them, especially around the green.

From my understanding the newer Pro v1x balls have much more spin than the ones from 2012ish. I am looking for a ball comparable to these older Pro v1xs, that helps me manage my spin just a little bit. I have tried to Q Star Tours and like them as they are lower spin urethane balls.

Is there anything close to the older Pro v1xs? Perhaps the AVX or Left Dash Pro x1x? Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated!

I would say lostgolfballs.com, but looks like they only have back to 2014.

I think you may want the ProV1's now. They switched them to the lower spinning model around that time.

I would say lostgolfballs.com, but looks like they only have back to 2014.
I actually just looked up the balls I have been playing and they are 2013/14. Thanks for the suggestion.

I think you may want the ProV1's now. They switched them to the lower spinning model around that time.
Thanks, I was wondering that...I will pick up a sleeve at the clubhouse next round. I remembered hearing people say they kind of switched.

I actually just looked up the balls I have been playing and they are 2013/14. Thanks for the suggestion.

Go with it then. LGB is a great source for balls.

Heck, I'll look at the house. I might have some. I pick up the ProV1's when I find them, but I won't play them for some reason.

I feel like your question is what balls are comparable now, not how to find old balls. Is that right?

If it is, from what I understand the left dash is closest in feel and flight, but more low spin. It honestly might be perfect for you if you're spinning it a bit much. The AVX will be lower spinning, but also lower flying until you get in the mid to short irons. I've tested and played both extensively, but not 7 year I old v1x, so I have to take reviewers word on that. Left dash is real hard and avx is real soft in terms of sound and feel.

Last edited:
Any of these?2020-07-02 20.46.04.jpg

The top and bottom are the two generations right after! Not sure about the middle.

I feel like your question is what balls are comparable now, not how to find old balls. Is that right?

If it is, from what I understand the left dash is closest in feel and flight, but more low spin. It honestly might be perfect for you if you're spinning it a bit much. The AVX will be lower spinning, but also lower flying until you get in the mid to short irons. I've tested and played both extensively, but not 7 year I old v1x, so I have to take reviewers word on that. Left dash is real hard and avx is real soft in terms of sound and feel.
Thanks, yes I was looking for a current ball that compares. I appreciate the insight. I think I was try a sleeve of the AVX and Pro v1 and go from there. Honestly, feel isn't a deal breaker for me although I do like a firmer ball on and around the green. Thanks again!

Back