Pro calls out Vijay for playing a Korn Ferry event

Parrot

2025 Worldwide Golf Championship - Team ?????
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Brady is probably the only person upset by this.

He seems like a pretty negative person after reading some of his past tweets.

Every player has a right to make money. Yes he has fully eligibility on the PGA Tour & plays on the Senior Tour but so what. If there was a tournament at my home course, a course that I knew every blade of grass & had opportunity to make some money for my family ... you're damn right I would play. One tournament is not going to make or break the regular guys on the Korn Ferry tour's year. He needs to get a grip in my opinion.

Every player has a right to make money. Yes he has fully eligibility on the PGA Tour & plays on the Senior Tour but so what. If there was a tournament at my home course, a course that I knew every blade of grass & had opportunity to make some money for my family ... you're damn right I would play. One tournament is not going to make or break the regular guys on the Korn Ferry tour's year. He needs to get a grip in my opinion.
The typical tournament payout on the KF tour is about 180k (based on what google tells me). With Vijay having a net worth of over 75 million dollars, this is definitely not about making money for his family.

The story here is more about taking the spot of someone trying to make golf a living, and it's definitely not easy for a lot of those guys. It could mean the difference for someone, and definitely makes NO difference for Singh.

My fav part about this, circa 2003;

What is she going to prove by playing? It's ridiculous. She's the best woman golfer in the world, and I want to emphasize 'woman.' We have our tour for men, and they have their tour. She's taking a spot from someone in the field. " -- Vijay Singh

He wants to her miss the cut next week in the Colonial.

And on the odd chance that he is paired with her, Singh says he won't play.

In the strongest comments yet about Sorenstam becoming the first woman in 58 years to compete on the PGA Tour, Singh said the 32-year-old Swede has no business playing at the Colonial and should stick to her own tour.

''I hope she misses the cut,'' Singh said in an interview with The Associated Press after his runner-up finish at the Wachovia Championship. ''Why? Because she doesn't belong out here.''

Looking at Vijay is like looking into Patrick Reed’s future. Cheater and all around jerk.

Yet we celebrate Alex Cejka for entering into and winning two Outlaw Tour events for $9,200 when he's won over $12 million in his career and over $100k just this year alone on the PGA Tour.....I'm sure a struggling mini tour player would've loved both those spots in the Outlaw Tour and the combined $9,200 right now.

Yet we celebrate Alex Cejka for entering into and winning two Outlaw Tour events for $9,200 when he's won over $12 million in his career and over $100k just this year alone on the PGA Tour.....I'm sure a struggling mini tour player would've loved both those spots in the Outlaw Tour and the combined $9,200 right now.
I think using the term 'we' is rather loose here.

Who was celebrating Cejka? I’d bet 90% don’t even know who the hell he is.

Why does he want to even play in this event?

All things considered I don’t see the point in him playing the event. It’s not about money since he has plenty. So why take a spot from a young man trying to find his way in this game?

i feel like hes only playing because its his home course, meaning fans/family/local businesses/charity want to see him play? idk

No “we” here. I know who the guy is but had no idea he played and won on the Outlaw Tour. I agree, the spots he took would’ve been better served by mini tour players getting them.

The typical tournament payout on the KF tour is about 180k (based on what google tells me). With Vijay having a net worth of over 75 million dollars, this is definitely not about making money for his family.

The story here is more about taking the spot of someone trying to make golf a living, and it's definitely not easy for a lot of those guys. It could mean the difference for someone, and definitely makes NO difference for Singh.
So there are 120 guys or so trying make the top 60 & ties cut line ... why is he the only one speaking up about it? Apparently no one else has an issue. You have to go out & play to beat the course. It's not like he's teeing it up vs Singh in singles match. :rolleyes:

The only possible reason I can see why he should play is if the sponsor virtually demanded he play in the event. If that's not on the table, then he should not play. He might want to play just for competition sake, but still shouldn't.

He has never been my favorite and this just adds to that legacy for me of being just not quite honorable.

Who was celebrating Cejka? I’d bet 90% don’t even know who the hell he is.
Golf Media. He was featured all over Golf.com, Golf Digest, Golf Week, Golf Channel etc. You didn't see many mini-tour pros complaining about that one. What if Vijay said any earnings he won, he'd donate to a local COVID-19 cause? Would that cause people to relax a bit?

Golf Media. He was featured all over Golf.com, Golf Digest, Golf Week, Golf Channel etc. You didn't see many mini-tour pros complaining about that one. What if Vijay said any earnings he won, he'd donate to a local COVID-19 cause? Would that cause people to relax a bit?
Well, I’m part of golf media and sure wasn’t talking about it.

Nope, he's got no business taking the spot of a starving mini-tour player.

So there are 120 guys or so trying make the top 60 & ties cut line ... why is he the only one speaking up about it? Apparently no one else has an issue. You have to go out & play to beat the course. It's not like he's teeing it up vs Singh in singles match. :rolleyes:
Do we know he's the only one?

if a tree falls on the korn ferry tour, does the world hear it? See what I am saying?

My fav part about this, circa 2003;

What is she going to prove by playing? It's ridiculous. She's the best woman golfer in the world, and I want to emphasize 'woman.' We have our tour for men, and they have their tour. She's taking a spot from someone in the field. " -- Vijay Singh

He wants to her miss the cut next week in the Colonial.

And on the odd chance that he is paired with her, Singh says he won't play.

In the strongest comments yet about Sorenstam becoming the first woman in 58 years to compete on the PGA Tour, Singh said the 32-year-old Swede has no business playing at the Colonial and should stick to her own tour.

''I hope she misses the cut,'' Singh said in an interview with The Associated Press after his runner-up finish at the Wachovia Championship. ''Why? Because she doesn't belong out here.''
Not sure this is a correct comparison :unsure: These comments are more gender based (not right either way) but wrong comparison between the two.

So riddle me this Batman ..... Let's say when Tiger turns 50 he decides he wants to play on the Senior Tour since he's eligible now. He tees it up on that tour & wins every time. Are guys going to say "Go back to the PGA where you belong." Absolutely not.
Incidentally, total career earnings should not be a factor either. Just because you've won $60M over your career vs $600 on the Korn Ferry doesn't mean you don't deserve a spot.

Either way you're playing against yourself & the course.

Back