Pro Mental Coach Review - Forum Testing

Thanks Freddie. So far I am liking what I am able to see from this program

Today my training started off with the Pro Shop exercise where there are multiple items in the Pro Shop with price tags...you goal is to click the red ticket as fast as possible, before it turns white, however, if it turns white you're not supposed to click it otherwise you get an X (instead of a check mark). This time it was on intermediate level and have to say it's significantly harder. i had 129 items come up, i got 80 of them right. :-/

My second training for today was the "Magic 6", on beginner, which was an exercise in maintaining and regulating your breathing. you press the spacebar everytime you breathe in. the idea is to regulate your breathing so that every 10 seconds or so, which my mean time was 9.69 seconds for breaths.

my third training for the day was "distance to the pin" on intermediate, where you are given the yardage on the GPS on screen and you either hit 1 if the most recent distance is shorter than the previous, or 9 if it is longer than previous...in either sequential or the 2nd to last distance given. i scored a 75% correct, 80% correct, then 88% correct with my time decreasing 1.06 seconods, .89 seconds, .86 seconds throughout the 3 parts of the exercise.

the last training was "preshot routine" on beginner, where you use images to put on a timeline of your pre-shot routine and mark where you would breathe...then the 'game' is to click the spacebar where you breathe in your timeline...closer you get to perfect, teh better your score. overall i wasn't bad considering it was my first time trying this exercise but, i can definitely score better on it the next time i try it.

i believe this software is definitely helping my on course focus, if even only a little bit. then again, this is the beginning of testing so, hopefully the results will get better as we go!
-Gio

Tonights first game was Drive with Obstacles. There is a golf ball shown with a picture in it. It will quickly change into a golf ball with 2 pictures in it and you have to click on the picture that was originally in there. The speed with which it changes will vary throughout the game. At the same time, there are events that occur in the background. A tree branch will shake, or a gopher will pop up, or a golfer appears in the sand. When something occurs, you need to click on the place where it occurred. I have to say that I struggled with this test. I was pretty tired after 11 hours of work and maybe I should have eaten something but it was not good.

Results
Periphery—Number of trials was 31 and I got 29 correct.
Center Ball—Number of trials was 33 and I got 28 correct.
Comparison results—I got an 85 compared to the group which got a 67—Still unsure what this means
My score was -1. I got a global score of 85% and a cumulative score of 85%.

Coach Pahr is telling me to keep training.

So tonight The assessment training wasn't available to be used (even though I completed all the games) so I went on and continued with the daily recommended training. Afterwards the assessment test was available.

PERFECT! I'm psyched to see how far I had come from when I started. So I took the test and went to go look at the results. The program just froze and stalled out on my computer. I had to force quit, then reopen. Then force quit because it wouldn't log me in, then reopen.

After waiting 6 minutes for it to load, it finally showed up. I can't see the results from my assessment test against where I started. So I don't know if I improved overall, or not?

It asked me the same questions over about my "last round of golf". My last round of golf was played before I started this program. So I referenced the same round of golf twice. Sweet. Now how did I do on the actual tests? Was I faster?

I pull up my Mental game profile and its literally the same as before. And now it says I overestimated my cognitive skills. When did I estimate those? I never did anything of the sort. Once I am able to get to photobucket I will be able to get a bones to bones comparison. But it's telling me that I'm not improving overall, but my game scores are on the rise or staying in the 90s as I up the difficulty. This has me confused and once I can compare my "assessment profile" from before to this one, I guess we will see if its working.

Stay tuned...

Ok so I am now back to my computer.

Tonights games were:

Staying Positive
Pre-shot routine
and two others that I consistently get 100% on and arent worth noting. So lets chat...

________________________________________________________________________________

Staying Positive

This is by far the game that I struggled with the most thus far. I have improved in every game but have avoided this one like the plague because I am so bad at it. Well I couldnt avoid it anymore. Ill let the pic do the talking...

Spoiler

BOOM! Yeah buddy! I owned that sucka. I can literally feel and see the training yielding positive (in this case WAY POSITIVE) results. My previous results were bogey or a double. Maybe par at best. But this time, a condor? SICK.

ScreenShot2012-09-25at124523AM.png

Preshot routine

This exergame was about recreating your preshot routine right down to the breath. I did that and got 100%... Here are some instructions from the in-game graphics.

Spoiler
ScreenShot2012-09-25at125636AM.png

________________________________________________________________________________

Now I would like to talk about how far I had come thanks to this training. Due to the app crashing and my hard results not being able to be looked at again, it appears I am lucky that I took screenshots of everything and splattered them all over this thread for the review process.

This time:
Spoiler
ScreenShot2012-09-25at12136AM.png

Last time:
Spoiler
Screen%20Shot%202012-09-19%20at%2012.49.38%20AM_zps651b3b5f.png

So although my scores are consistently getting better, my assessments and profiles are notably worse in a few areas. I dont get this at all and I think assessment updates should be more clear and have more defined intervals. I remember the old test, I missed a heck of a lot more and was a heck of a lot slower before than I did this time.

So far, I love the program and I can feel myself progressing. My game scores are better or the same with the difficulty increase, but the assessment says Im down. After 230 minutes of training, I am down.

I think their assessment system is jacked up and terrible. It needs to be updated based solely on results of the Letter/White-Number/Yellow assessment game. None of this dumb question asking and telling me Ive overestimated my cognitive skills twice in a row. Thats just lame.

I was hoping for some positive reinforcement and some graphics telling me how great Ive been doing as a whole, but I never got that. Im pretty disappointed.

Bedtime for me, would love to hear everyones thoughts on this!

Next game is called Magic 6. They call it a cardiac rhythm game. Control your breathing and you influence your heart rate. This has been scientifically proven to reduce and manage stress by lowering cortisol levels in your blood. I need to learn to breathe slowly and deeply, 6 times per minute for 4 minutes. The test is when you start to breathe press the spacebar. The breathing cycle should last between 8.5-11.5 seconds. There is a golfer taking swings on the screen but they want you to try and concentrate on your own golf swing. Visualize hitting the ball perfectly.

Results:
My mean breathing interval was 9.91 seconds
My right answers were 14 with a score of -4.
My Global score was 100% with a Cumulative score of 100%.
Comparison results had me at 100 and Group at 70
Coach Pahr thinks I should move up a level.

Not sure about this game. I think I just learned to time hitting the spacebar while watching the golfer swing. I’m not sure I get what I am supposed to do. Will have to practice this one.

Thainer is the blue your 2nd assessment test? If so it seems like you have gained

That's awesome Thainer...I will be doing more 'extra' exercises in the next few days in between training regimens to get back into it. Work has been my biggest distraction the last two weeks...

Yesterday I did have a moment of clarity , and I owe it to the software. I was 245 out and had to hit a 20 yard cut to a green protected by bunkers front right And front left, back right pin over a ridge in the green with waste area behind the green. I laid up to about 50 out, hit a lob to 10 feet and almost made the birdie putt. In the past I would've pulled the 3w and tried pounding it...instead I immediately thought smart and pulled my 4i...afterwards I joked to myself "hmm, guess it is working.."

Thainer! Glad to see your improving. I am excited to take mine again. I really love this program as well and feel as if it has helped me quite a bit. I dont know how I feel about the assesment system either. I know I am more focused but sometimes I am not sure if this is showing that for me either.

I'm still not sure I understand the scoring of your progress, Thainer. Doesn't help that I can't see the graphics though (the machine I'm on blocks them).

Seems like I keep hearing a lot of software issues mentioned. Hopefully they can get that ironed out.

How many of you have played since starting? Have you noticed a difference? Have you consciously thought about this product during your rounds?

I'm still not sure I understand the scoring of your progress, Thainer. Doesn't help that I can't see the graphics though (the machine I'm on blocks them).

Seems like I keep hearing a lot of software issues mentioned. Hopefully they can get that ironed out.

How many of you have played since starting? Have you noticed a difference? Have you consciously thought about this product during your rounds?

Hawk, I provided a little writeup from my last two rounds. It was really helping me. I just feel so much more focused now

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...-Pro-Mental-Coach-Review-Forum-Testing/page16

Must have missed that one!

That's pretty interesting, TH. So, you were using your pre-shot routing in-between shots on the range? I like that idea and it's something I've tried to do in the past. I have a habit of quitting and rushing eventually though.

Nice almost-ace dude! It sounds like you noticed some benefits and your playing partners saw something as well. Very cool.

Yes, I am really focusing on trying to prepare myself as best as possible for my round. My goal is to get to single digits, and mental focus I know hurts me at least a few times a round so this is something that will hopefully help.

It was interesting to hear my friends say this. I was surprised but sort of happy to hear it because it is obviously something I have been working on quite a bit

Must have missed that one!

That's pretty interesting, TH. So, you were using your pre-shot routing in-between shots on the range? I like that idea and it's something I've tried to do in the past. I have a habit of quitting and rushing eventually though.

Nice almost-ace dude! It sounds like you noticed some benefits and your playing partners saw something as well. Very cool.

Exactly what I do. I will have 6 or 7 holes with a good routine and tempo, then I lose it.

Nice thoughts guys. This is really interesting to read the progress each of you is making.

Exactly what I do. I will have 6 or 7 holes with a good routine and tempo, then I lose it.

I'm better about it on the course, but I get tunnel vision on the range. Especially if things are not going well.

I'm better about it on the course, but I get tunnel vision on the range. Especially if things are not going well.

I wish I only did it on the range. After 6 or 7 holes I always feel the need to take a chance or push the envelope. No idea why haha

Good work so far guys, I know this is something I need to work on...starting to think I need to lay down the cash for this thing myself.

i've played 2 rounds since starting and have to say that i notice a difference if it is only in how i think about a given shot. even though i'm not thinking about the product, i'm thinking about ideas or things it's trying to help me work on ie focus, stress management...my focus over my shots has been fantastic the last two times out.

That has been the hardest thing for me to do at the range. When I duff or slice a couple I start getting frustrated, but I try to switch clubs and relax and then go back to the club later.

Right on, Gio. That makes perfect sense to me.

That has been the hardest thing for me to do at the range. When I duff or slice a couple I start getting frustrated, but I try to switch clubs and relax and then go back to the club later.

I know it takes longer and it can be a bit more draining mentally but, when at the range i try to break up a 150 ball bucket into say, 10 shots...each shot standing behind it, setting up to the ball, etc as though it were a regular shot. focus on each one indepentently with a specific goal in mind...after 10 shots...take a 3-5 minute break...it will be much more productive. if you want to, grade yourself on each session...see where your weak areas are

First Impression/Background on me: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/fo...t=mental+coach
Initial Test/First Feedback: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/fo...t=mental+coach
First Training Day: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/fo...t=mental+coach
Second Training Day: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/fo...71#post1657771
On Course Impressions: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?36165-Pro-Mental-Coach-Review-Forum-
Testing/page16&highlight=mental+coach

Today marked another day of exergame testing. Once again I was given 4 tests to try, and this time I had 3 tests, which I had taken before, but two of the three were upped to the intermediate difficulty. I will start by saying retaking these tests, even on the same difficulty, isn’t boring at all. When I sit down and load up the program I slip into a different state of mind. I have talked about it previously, but the only way I can describe it is, “The Zone.” Think of it as something where you just block out all outside influences and get to work. When Coach Parr loads up on my screen I know it is time to get down to business, and this is what I am really trying to take to the course with me.

The first test I took was “Drive With Obstacles.” This is the test that has the golf ball in the middle which shows one symbol and then flashes two symbols right after that, your job is to decide which symbol was the first one shown. Along with this there are different zones which have things going on such as a gopher popping his head up, a fish jumping, and a bush shaking. When you see these things happen you have to click those as well. On beginner these things happened one at a time and were much more obvious, but on intermediate you had to deal with the golf ball and the changing environment at the same time and they flashed on and off the screen MUCH quicker. It took me a couple seconds to get used to the huge difference, but I ended up doing ok. I scored a 64% and Coach Parr said that despite an increased difficulty I was able to maintain my performance. I think when I take it again I will do better, because the first few overwhelmed me.
Spoiler
ScreenShot2012-09-25at42145PM.png

Spoiler
ScreenShot2012-09-25at42150PM.png

My second test was “Putting Practice.” The first time I did this I thought it was really easy, and it was on beginner again, but this time around proved to be more difficult. This test they had more pin locations being selected and the “Simon Says” ended up being difficult for me. When they had five or six light up and then ask for them in reverse order, I found myself missing a couple. That being said, I ended up scoring a 97%, which really surprised me. I am still a bit confused about the scoring system as I felt like I scored about a 75%, but I know that this time around it required much more focus for me.
Spoiler
ScreenShot2012-09-25at43010PM.png

Spoiler
ScreenShot2012-09-25at43016PM.png

My third test was “Magic 6.” This was a new one for me. This exergame was all about breathing. Magic 6 is controlling your breathing; the test said that breathing directly influences heart rate. This technique has been scientifically proven to reduce and manage stress, over short and long-term periods, by lowering the cortisol level in your blood. In this game you were tasked with timing your breathing on 8.5-11.5 second intervals and hitting the spacebar when you think you had done it right.. I found this test to be pretty darn easy. I just took slow deep breaths and didn’t end up missing hardly any. I scored a 100% and that was about what I expected from it. I love the idea of controlled breathing, but this test seemed to be much to easy. My next time out on the course I am going to work on breathing.
Spoiler
ScreenShot2012-09-25at43121PM.png

Spoiler
ScreenShot2012-09-25at43700PM.png

My final test of the day was “Driving Range.” This test I have already taken and done well, so they upped the difficulty to intermediate. On this test you have to watch the flag move on the driving range as well as the yardage the man yells out and decide if the flag was in the same spot or not and if the yardage was shorter or longer. This time around they added a twist; instead of deciding these answers based on the previous flag and yardage, you had to remember the location and distance for what happened two times ago. This made the test much more difficult, and I found myself really focusing on the locations and making mental notes. I ended up scoring a 99% which I was thrilled with!
Spoiler
ScreenShot2012-09-25at43905PM.png

Spoiler
ScreenShot2012-09-25at44226PM.png

Spoiler
ScreenShot2012-09-25at44230PM.png

My average score for today was 90%. Having two of my tests being intermediate, I am happy with a 90%. I am really enjoying this testing thus far. I think the mental side of my game is going to continue to improve. Thanks for following along guys and as always ask questions!!

Spoiler
ScreenShot2012-09-25at44240PM.png

Just a bump.. recent feedback seems to have been pushed down due to the huge announcements hehe

Back