Pro model shafts - will we see them in the near future?

Castor Hades

Reaction score
Handicap
6.7 EGA
The concept of pro model products is very common for example in the snowboard and skateboard industry, but no so much in the golf industry.

A lot of companies use their pro players in their development of products, but do you guys think that pro model shafts would have a place in the shaft market?

All from characteristics (to a point) to graphics? Snowboards are made with certain specifications, but can still be made to different lengths and sizes. Why couldn't shafts?

The graphics thing is quite interesting as well. Even if a certain shaft would be "stock" in it's specs, it could be pro-modeled by a tour player. For example the graphics on the Miyazaki B.Asha are awesome, sure, not by a Tour pro, but what if Ian Poulter would take his creativity to a shaft company? Or maybe there's an artist inside Tiger as well? They wouldn't need to paint or anything, even ready prints or ideas would be fun.

Any thoughts?

image.jpg

Im not sure. I think there would be less of a market than we think.

Im not sure. I think there would be less of a market than we think.

Could be, if the shafts would be too "made" for sure, but maybe a new release of a classic model, but only customized & signed by a pro? We be the same stuff as the pros have just because they have them, right? ;) Maybe not those who are educated on the matter and know better, but the masses?

But yeah...I got to think about this as I had dream about playing a tour event and getting a sponsorship deal by some shaft company, in my dream I said to them that as long as I can design the graphics, I'll play it. I also wanted to direct the TV-commercials :D

The average golf consumer would be oblivious to all the true "pro" stuff. Many think of they grab an alpha it's the same exact thing the big boys are using.

Back