Pro Putt Systems Putting greens

tahoebum

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I’m about to order a Pro Putt Systems putting green or at least a 15’x7’ section of their putting turf to install in my basement. I miss my old man cave 15’x16’ putting green that I gave up when we moved last year and my daughter could really benefit from having access to an indoor green now that she is on the high school team and taking golf seriously for the first time in her life.

Does anyone have any experience with these or another recommendation before I pull the trigger? I putted on one in a golf shop and was impressed at the speed(about a 10 STIMP) and lack of grain that I’ve seen with some other turf products. The majority of our putting will still be outside From May through October but with this April snow storm we are having right now and long winters, this is an easy investment for me to make. I just have to decide if it’s going to be the elevated permanent version or just a piece of turf that will go down that will be easy to roll up and store for the few parties we have each year.

https://proputtsystems.com/shop/golf-shop-putting-green/

https://proputtsystems.com/shop/putting-surfaces/

There is a performance center about 45 min away from where I live that I believe has the Golf Shop Model like you tried inside their sim, trackman, fitting area.
Part of the golf course's facility. If I get a chance to ask one of the professionals who work there, I will. The head pro actually comes over to my local track quite a bit.
He does a lot for High School golf and us because our course doesn't have one.

Sorry I just saw this! I’ve had a pro putt green in my basement for a year or two now and I love it. I’d love to answer any questions you have!

Sorry I just saw this! I’ve had a pro putt green in my basement for a year or two now and I love it. I’d love to answer any questions you have!

Glad to hear that you are happy with yours! I ordered the Major Champion XL model that is roughly 16’ X 6’ and will fit perfectly in front of the TV on the side of our rec room without interfering with the door or other traffic areas. How long did it take to set up and how easily can it be moved? I might want to use it outside a few times each summer. Did you opt for installing any break?

Glad to hear that you are happy with yours! I ordered the Major Champion XL model that is roughly 16’ X 6’ and will fit perfectly in front of the TV on the side of our rec room without interfering with the door or other traffic areas. How long did it take to set up and how easily can it be moved? I might want to use it outside a few times each summer. Did you opt for installing any break?

I didn’t install break but I have the break kit. I find practice on the straight putts to be useful.

I have the OG major champion and it’s great. There is a minor speed difference in two full-length directions but that’s really minor.

Set up is easy as all get out - maybe an hour due to hauling everything from delivery place to build place. I’ll take pictures of the base but it just locks together like a puzzle. I’d assume moving it would just be disassembly an rebuild.

I didn’t install break but I have the break kit. I find practice on the straight putts to be useful.

I have the OG major champion and it’s great. There is a minor speed difference in two full-length directions but that’s really minor.

Set up is easy as all get out - maybe an hour due to hauling everything from delivery place to build place. I’ll take pictures of the base but it just locks together like a puzzle. I’d assume moving it would just be disassembly an rebuild.

I'm curious what they charge per foot². Also, is it as truly portable as they claim?

I'm curious what they charge per foot². Also, is it as truly portable as they claim?

Mine was a pre-sized so I have no idea on the per foot price. And yes, they are portable with some effort - the base is just a big puzzle that locks together. You can take it apart to move it.

Back