Pro Wrestling Thread

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
It's not really a sport, but the guys are athletic!

This guys just a little high strung!

Last edited:
Just fulfilling a request Craig!

[YOUTUBE]6LchAsMRV10[/YOUTUBE]

Hahahahaha...omg. I was a huge pro wrestling fan when I was a kid. Every once in awhile I still watch an old video of the 4 Horsemen on youtube...

As a kid I was also a huge wrestling fan. My dad used to take me to the live events when they were in our area. It's not my thing anymore, and really hasn't been for a very long time but it was a blast as a child.

I haven't watched it in a long time. We also watched when we were kids, then watched agan around the time that the Wrestlemania's started up. Watched it off and on for a couple of years after that. It's OK to watch, as long as you know it's fake!

back in the mid 90's there was an indy league called ECW based out of South Philly. It was pure chaos! A buddy of mine got me to goto one of the live events. They had it in a bongo hall that also doubled as a practice area for the mummers parade guys. They would "fight" into the crowd, the restrooms, outside in the street. long story short...I got hooked and used to go every few months and always had a great time. Even went to their first pay per view event. ah...the old days

YES! I love this thread!! Remember back in the old days when the huge events were on Saturday Night Main Event. There were never 12 pay per views a year and all these Summer Slam, Survivor Series, Royal Rumble, and Wrestlemania....although I will say that Wrestlemania was great!!!

Anyone read Bill Simmons on espn.com? He's a HUGE fan of All Star wrestling.

What about the Bushwackers? Those guys were amazing. Hacksaw Jim Dougan was rad too.

The Bushwackers.....those guys were a couple of clowns man. I think I could have found a buddy and beat them up in a real life tag team fight--yet in the world of rasslin' they were Tag Team Champs!!! Gotta love it!!

The Bushwackers.....those guys were a couple of clowns man. I think I could have found a buddy and beat them up in a real life tag team fight--yet in the world of rasslin' they were Tag Team Champs!!! Gotta love it!!

but they were the Sheepherders before Vince made them into clowns. crazy hardcore rip your head open with barb wire bad guys before that...

I always loved Brutus the Barber Beefcake and of course im still a Hulk-a- Maniac.

The Bushwhackers. Ummmmmm . . . .

Last edited:
haven't watched in forever but my faves of all time in no particular order:

Macho Man
Jesse 'The Body/Governor" Ventura
The Rock
Rowdy Roddy Piper
Ultimate Warrior
Hulk Hogan
NWO

**bonus points if you can name Macho Man's brother who was also a wrestler!

haven't watched in forever but my faves of all time in no particular order:

Macho Man
Jesse 'The Body/Governor" Ventura
The Rock
Rowdy Roddy Piper
Ultimate Warrior
Hulk Hogan
NWO

The old school guys were great. These new guys they run out there are a bunch of losers.

My dad and stepmom ran into Mark Henry a couple weeks ago in an airport in New York. They got a couple pictures of him. He is one big mother.....

I hear ya Bogey. Marc Henry is a big dude. Every know and then we'll see King Kong Bundy at the shore as he's a local NJ guy. Still a big guy in his own right!

Leaping Lanny Poffo. (Yes, Macho man was his brother)

And, unfortunately, I knew that.

Leaping Lanny Poffo. (Yes, Macho man was his brother)

And, unfortunately, I knew that.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger Smalls....I knew it too. I am not really sure what that tells a person about you and I....we're a couple of spooks who were way too into Rasslin' back in the day?!

I was never really a big fan. But where we live just about every wrestler old and young still seem to live. You can't go anywhere without running into one of the old timers or one of the current guys.

I am actually pretty good friends with a guy now that is a pretty big name. He is a nice guy. Never really seen one of his matches but he is hysterical and a great guy to have a beer with.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger Smalls....I knew it too. I am not really sure what that tells a person about you and I....we're a couple of spooks who were way too into Rasslin' back in the day?!

I knew it too but I'm a dork so...

Then and now:

Last edited:
OMG this thread is bringing back so many memories. I used to love wrestling, I remember all the names everyone has mentioned. I was really young when they had the big Saturday night main events and my dad would let me stay up but if it ran too late he would tape it for me and I would watch it in the morning.

I don't know any of the new guys, but if it was before 1990 or so, I've probably seen them at some point.

Back