Pro Wrestling Thread

I just found this thread. I don’t have a lot to say about anything recent. I did watch the 25th anniversary edition of Raw, and I wasn’t impressed at all. The only new talent I found entertaining was Elias, and I didn’t even see him wrestle. Those kind of episodes are usually good for some nostalgia, but all the segments featuring legacy personalities seemed so tightly controlled that they weren’t the least bit entertaining. I think that’s what drove me away was the shift to management/writers taking all the creative control. Wrestling is it’s best when the talent has the freedom to take a framework and fill in the gaps on their own.

Prior to that the last time I paid any real attention was prior to Wrestlemania 25. I had quit watching for several years before that, but a buddy of mine I used to watch with called and asked if I wanted to go. We got tickets and I watched for 3-4 months leading up to it so I’d know what the heck was going on. Man, am I glad I went. It was a great show (minus the main event),and featured that great Undertaker/Shawn Michaels match...you know...the one that is pretty much universally regarded as the best match in WWE history.

My best wrestling related memories revolve around going to local shows. XCW in Denton, TX was where I spent pretty much every Friday night between 2001 and 2005. I saw guys do unspeakable things to their bodies for paltry sums, drank lots of cheap beer, and engaged in all manner of debauchery.

I also dabbled in some back yard wrestling during that time. We had a pretty extravagant setup. A few times we had more people show up to watch us than had been at the XCW show earlier in the night. I actually got recognized around town a couple of times from it (obviously in a pretty small town).

After that I actually started attending a “wrestling school”. It was held at a different promotion that took place in a storage unit in an unsavory part of town. I only went a few times. I ended up refereeing a couple of matches, and wrestled a match on a card that featured Iceman King Parsons.

Even not having paid any significant attention to it in well over a decade, I still have a soft spot for wrestling. I could probably be talked into going to a local show if there was one near me.

I’d love to have access to all the stuff on the WWE Network, but I don’t think I’d watch often enough to justify paying for it. It’d be more of a sporadic binge type situation for me.

I’d love to have access to all the stuff on the WWE Network, but I don’t think I’d watch often enough to justify paying for it. It’d be more of a sporadic binge type situation for me.

Dude…. WWE Network is easily THE BEST $10 a month I spend. If you watch their PPV events at all, it's worth it. WrestleMania alone is like $75, so if you watch 2-3 PPV events you've already gotten your moneys worth.

I was a HUGE late 80's - mid 90's WCW guy (I'm 37) and there's so much good stuff on there.

Network is worth it on the classics alone....

That gauntlet match on RAW last night was awesome. Seth Rollins is the man....

But ya...the network is worth it even if you do not watch any of the new stuff

Our workmate at Amazon won his title match tonight. Seven of the Amazonians were there to enjoy it with him!

dd0e915367fb18e2f3d1a13e7a180811.jpg

I worked with this guy for 7 years at Heathrow
14bf6dc77d4ad94396b101ee1d439177.png

Flash Barker, although I knew him as Phil LOL. I believe he was UK heavyweight champion for a while. Back when I was into wrestling, I went to se him fight. He was a quiet reserved guy, so it was hilarious watching him give it large in the ring playing the baddie. It was a fab night out. I remember him taking some time off work with stress. It came out during this time he was out in Japan wrestling. The company were obviously furious and tried to fire him. He successfully defended himself that he used wrestling as a way to beat stress LOL.

#FiberLaunch

Just started Take Over. I think I’m going to like Ricohet.

Whole show was awesome. My 6 yr old and I just finished. Hes got all his figures out recreating the magic lol

Haha. I’m just about to start the Moon match. She is awesome.

Bazler? Wtf?!?! Moon better be headed to the main roster on Monday.

Hmmm. Strong is interesting.

Almas was a far better champ than I expected and I really enjoy him and Vega together. I really like Black but as the face of NXT I think he is going to have to developed his mic skills. It will be interesting to see how he handles being the camp week in and week out.

Oh and Almas has the best Royal Runbke showing out of everyone imo.

Once again, Takeover steals the whole damn weekend

NA Title Ladder Match was nuts, EC3 ADAM COLE BAYBAY

I don't think EC3 will be in NXT very long, he did some fine work in TNA and doesn't really need NXT (NXT doesn't really need him either)

Baszler as Women's Champ makes sense, NXT needs a scary monster heel at the top of the babyface climb, if Moon really is getting the call

Undisputed = new NWO

AOP have done everything in NXT, I would love to see them join
Spoiler
Lashley
and make a new stable debuting Monday

Aleister Black is a much better promo than some people think, in addition to being damn entertaining to watch

**** You Ciampa

Once again, Takeover steals the whole damn weekend

NA Title Ladder Match was nuts, EC3 ADAM COLE BAYBAY

I don't think EC3 will be in NXT very long, he did some fine work in TNA and doesn't really need NXT (NXT doesn't really need him either)

Baszler as Women's Champ makes sense, NXT needs a scary monster heel at the top of the babyface climb, if Moon really is getting the call

Undisputed = new NWO

AOP have done everything in NXT, I would love to see them join
Spoiler
Lashley
and make a new stable debuting Monday

Aleister Black is a much better promo than some people think, in addition to being damn entertaining to watch

**** You Ciampa

Its weird over the years that i look forward to the RAW after mania more than the big show for all the call ups and surprises

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No Way. Really? Did not expect this.

Ricochet vs Velveteen Dream is going to rival Almas vs Gargano for MOTY

Vader has passed away after a 2 year battle with congestive heart failure. 63 years old.

Definitely sucks to hear about Vader. I remember him always being intimidating through the years every single time watching him. I’m 30 years old and basically have been watching it since I was in a high chair. Have watched it pretty religiously since. The belts are what make it for me. I collect belts extensively

Vader has passed away after a 2 year battle with congestive heart failure. 63 years old.

I just saw that. Man I hated that guy when I was younger. He was always whooping up on the guys I liked.

That's terrible to hear. He was one of the best and most agile big men in the game during his time. RIP.

Went to a local show put on by Teddy Hart on Friday. Dynamite Kids family was there and brought out some memorabilia. Cool to see and fun night.

e93dc0d044d730239d353955750e04b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did Teddy bring his cats by chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back