Pro Wrestling Thread

I grew up 20 miles outside of Greensboro, so we used to go all the time.

afc6344790b09f11fbd51005e21ef5c9.jpg

Me outside of the Greensboro Colosseum, the heart of Horsemen Country...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While it's not mainstream, I've been thinking about getting back into the ring (after The Sweep of course, can't risk any injuries.). So I was wondering, how many on here are regular supporters of their local indy wrestling?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
My buddy owns an indy company in Upstate NY called Xcite Wrestling.

It's...interesting.

I did get to chauffeur Fit Finlay and Matt Hardy around for him, that was cool.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

afc6344790b09f11fbd51005e21ef5c9.jpg

Me outside of the Greensboro Colosseum, the heart of Horsemen Country...

The next time your in Greensboro, go across the street to Stamey's BBQ! Its a tradition...BBQ then Rasslin'! Until the Hornets, Panthers, and Hurricanes...all NC had was college basketball, NASCAR, and pro wrestling. And, to a lesser extent, minor league baseball. I remember meeting the Road Warriors and Nikita Koloff when I was 5 years old. My uncle got into body building after getting out of the army. They would work out a lot at Gold's Gym in Greensboro. My uncle introduced me to them! They were massive! Juiced to the gills! I remember Animal benching over 600 lbs like it was nothing!!

The next time your in Greensboro, go across the street to Stamey's BBQ! Its a tradition...BBQ then Rasslin'! Until the Hornets, Panthers, and Hurricanes...all NC had was college basketball, NASCAR, and pro wrestling. And, to a lesser extent, minor league baseball. I remember meeting the Road Warriors and Nikita Koloff when I was 5 years old. My uncle got into body building after getting out of the army. They would work out a lot at Gold's Gym in Greensboro. My uncle introduced me to them! They were massive! Juiced to the gills! I remember Animal benching over 600 lbs like it was nothing!!

18c4c4e61d2b06c8a42170a4ae52c4c6.jpg

I was in Greensboro for work, on the way to Raleigh, and I made the guy driving take me to the Greensboro Coliseum just to see it... lol

18c4c4e61d2b06c8a42170a4ae52c4c6.jpg

I was in Greensboro for work, on the way to Raleigh, and I made the guy driving take me to the Greensboro Coliseum just to see it... lol

I've been to the Greensboro Coliseum so many times for different things over the years. NWA wrestling, graduations, monster trucks, ACC tournament, Hurricanes played their first season there, Coaching in the NCHSAA Wrestling Championships, saw Katt Williams last year, also was at the WWF PPV were Undertaker and Kane wrestled in the inferno match (ring surrounded by fire)! It was SO HOT in the building!!! Who was your favorite wrestler?

I've been to the Greensboro Coliseum so many times for different things over the years. NWA wrestling, graduations, monster trucks, ACC tournament, Hurricanes played their first season there, Coaching in the NCHSAA Wrestling Championships, saw Katt Williams last year, also was at the WWF PPV were Undertaker and Kane wrestled in the inferno match (ring surrounded by fire)! It was SO HOT in the building!!! Who was your favorite wrestler?

42ddae56cd9a452834b2664da0395727.jpg

That’s an easy question... The GOAT

Tony Atlas is friend goals...

I can't believe Tony Atlas is still that jacked! Funny thing about him is apparently he has a foot fetish and would ask the female wrestlers/divas to walk on him, etc.

While it's not mainstream, I've been thinking about getting back into the ring (after The Sweep of course, can't risk any injuries.). So I was wondering, how many on here are regular supporters of their local indy wrestling?

I would have the local promotion come in and do a show as a fundraiser for my wrestling team. Steve Corino, CW Anderson, and Tatanka was there once.

When did HBK turn into Jackie Earl Haley?

I would have the local promotion come in and do a show as a fundraiser for my wrestling team. Steve Corino, CW Anderson, and Tatanka was there once.
Corino is a badass and a good dude. Met him at an ROH show before I started.

never thought I'd see the day...

Eric Bischoff is back with WWE.

Found out yesterday that a lady I work with grew up with Kenny Omega.

"Do you want to meet him sometime?"

Sure, why the heck not!

A new era of pro wrestling is getting ready to start tonight. You have...
Monday-WWE RAW
Tuesday-Impact Wrestling
Wednesday-WWE NXT AEW wrestling
Friday-WWE SmackDown NJPW
Sunday-ROH
There are more options for pro wrestling, but I find myself watching less and less.

A new era of pro wrestling is getting ready to start tonight. You have...
Monday-WWE RAW
Tuesday-Impact Wrestling
Wednesday-WWE NXT AEW wrestling
Friday-WWE SmackDown NJPW
Sunday-ROH
There are more options for pro wrestling, but I find myself watching less and less.
new looks for RAW and SmackDown this week... SD debuting on FOX, The Rock confirmed he's going to be there

any lapsed wrestling fans should give NXT on USA channel a try, it's old-school territory-style booking

any lapsed wrestling fans should give NXT on USA channel a try, it's old-school territory-style booking
i like that. I listen to jim Cornett podcasts reminiscing of those days.

new looks for RAW and SmackDown this week... SD debuting on FOX, The Rock confirmed he's going to be there

I had high hopes for NXT until last week when some guy did a Canadian Destroyer off the top rope and the other guy kicked out!!! Really? Who booked this sh*t!

i like that. I listen to jim Cornett podcasts reminiscing of those days.

Love Jim Cornette...check out Something to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard, What Happened When with Tony Schiavonne, and Arn Anderson just started one last week!

Love Jim Cornette...check out Something to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard, What Happened When with Tony Schiavonne, and Arn Anderson just started one last week!
That is another one of my regulars along with 83 weeks. I’m not too much a fan of jim Ross’ podcast with Conrad. I have to check out AA’s podcast for sure.

I ran across these in my cards collection from childhood!
ijUx1y9.jpg

I’ve written this before so sorry if old news. I went to high school with Miss Elizabeth. Nice family, Shr was crazy pretty. It was odd she ended up with Randy but my friends who knew him liked him a lot. Today wrestling isn’t very good. Or I grew up at 62

Back